Men only want models

Necromancer

It's pure envy and jealousy, good sir. Even if it hasn't actually happened in this thread, women cutting down other women whom they perceive as being more attractive than them, physically or otherwise, is (unfortunately) a very widespread phenomenon.

Generally speaking, I've found that highly attractive women are usually very nice people. The ones you have to watch out for are the average/homely looking ones who mistake themselves for being the next coming of Kate Upton. The biggest, most egregious bitches I've ever met have never exactly been the cream of the crop appearance-wise.

Ugly or average looking men can be just as vindictive about the physical appearance of other men, especially the ones women find attractive. How often have you seen men, either in real life or on the internet going on about how [insert celebrity/attractive man you know here] "looks like a fag", "looks gay" is a "pretty boy" etc when women start to drool about them? I've seen this quite often, and it's jealousy. Just look at the amount of internet hate Justin Bieber gets, and it's mainly from teenage boys and young men.

This is perhaps a loose analogy, but there are similarities between who does and does not become an outspoken feminist. Sure, most women who talk about deserving equal pay are rational normal people, but outspoken, hardline feminists rarely look like the women any sane guy would f**k anyway. :D

And on the flipside no sane woman are interested in those internet misogynist types either who are usually either the so called "nice guys" or have some sort of mental illness because they honestly believe that hardcore feminists run the world and have an anti-male agenda. Or perhaps they're just bitter.

• Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours
Ugly or average looking men can be just as vindictive about the physical appearance of other men, especially the ones women find attractive. How often have you seen men, either in real life or on the internet going on about how [insert celebrity/attractive man you know here] "looks like a fag", "looks gay" is a "pretty boy" etc when women start to drool about them? I've seen this quite often, and it's jealousy. Just look at the amount of internet hate Justin Bieber gets, and it's mainly from teenage boys and young men.

And on the flipside no sane woman are interested in those internet misogynist types either who are usually either the so called "nice guys" or have some sort of mental illness because they honestly believe that hardcore feminists run the world and have an anti-male agenda. Or perhaps they're just bitter.

Vodka you make a really good point. Not only can average/below average men be harsh on other men, they can be harsh on other women that fail to be what they want them to be. Just look around at all the fat girl threads around here and the nastiness that comes out of a lot of guys that start calling girls name or making comments like, "we just want you to get your fat ass to the gym!" and the likes of that. Those threads crop up repeatedly. There is this strange thing some men do where they are actually angry at women, actually angry, if they don't fit into their ideal. Now I udnerstand not being attracted to every woman. I don't understand the visceral anger that comes out of men when just talking about women and their bodies.

I totally dig everything you said here about internet misogynists and "nice guys" too. I don't even think some men are self aware enough to see how misognistic their own comments are.

DY, I have a question for you.

Look through internet dating profiles, how many male profiles say "I'm only interested in women with D cups" compared to female profiles that say "don't message me unless you're 6' and over" ?

Men, today, have far higher standards to live up to to be attractive to women than the reverse. With the advent of birth control and an economy that favors clerk work and has government mandated quotas for % of women, women no longer have to care about the personality of the man they have sex with.

So now, men are seen as more of a novelty sex toy than a husband or father. Of course, this goes for men today too, but men for biological reasons tend to find many more women attractive than vice versa. If sex, rather than parenting, life stability, and necessary sex cooperation for survival, is what drives modern day romance, then women are going to bank on looks first and foremost and have really stringent standards simply because they can. Because men find more women attractive at first glance than the reverse, you have the few guys women all seem to want plugging women who are objectively hot, average, and ugly.

Girls only have higher standards when it comes to "casual sex". When it comes to relationship and lifelong commitment women care about looks considerably less than men.

threads crop up repeatedly. There is this strange thing some men do where they are actually angry at women, actually angry, if they don't fit into their ideal. Now I udnerstand not being attracted to every woman. I don't understand the visceral anger that comes out of men when just talking about women and their bodies.

nts are.

works both ways Heightism on Twitter - YouTube

Justin Bieber gets hate because he is completely talentless. It has nothing to do with his looks. Katy Perry gets hate for her music as well and most guys consider her hot. He is sort of the embodiment of how bad the state of music is today.

The ironic part of DY is she complains that Men dont care about womens plight of being judged harshly on their looks yet she ignores mens plight while hijacking threads to fit her own agendas and inscurities all the time

Bottom line is nowadays men are judged just as harshly as women when it comes to looks,the ones who complain are the ones who dont fit the ideal

Bottom line is nowadays men are judged just as harshly as women when it comes to looks,the ones who complain are the ones who dont fit the ideal

Meanwhile, average people everywhere are dating, falling in love, and marrying.

Why is it so much easier for some than others? Figure that out, and you'll be more successful.

• Like 1
Meanwhile, average people everywhere are dating, falling in love, and marrying.

Why is it so much easier for some than others? Figure that out, and you'll be more successful.

Sorry i do just fine:laugh: im responding to people like DY who constantly talk about how men are unrealstiic shallow pigs when women are just as shallow and visual

Edited by SteveC80
Disenchantedly Yours
Sorry i do just fine:laugh: im responding to people like DY who constantly talk about how men are unrealstiic shallow pigs when women are just as shallow and visual

I don't think men are "shallow pits". I do think a lot of men are very limited in their perception of women and don't work on themselves to grow in certain areas like I htink women do. It's a fact that women are more often the ones to buy self-help books or talk to a profession about their issues. Women tend to be more self aware which in turn, gives them the tools to grow. Alot of men don't do this so they stay the same in their peceptions of women and themselves from when they were teenagers to present day.

I do think women can be JUST as shallow as men though but I think women also are more often able to grow past that then I see men do the same.

Many of these self help books just makes things worse. Dating would be much better of The Rules never came out.

• Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours
Many of these self help books just makes things worse. Dating would be much better of The Rules never came out.

I'm not talking about stuff like The Rules, or just primarily relationship books. I do think there are good self help books out there but I would agree that stuff like The Rules or "He's Just Not That Into You", aren't exactly healthy. But in general, women are usually more journey orieneted into growing.

I do think women can be JUST as shallow as men though but I think women also are more often able to grow past that then I see men do the same.

lol you have no evidence of that at all,you look at it from only your persepctive of trying to find a man and have struggles when Men have the opposite experience and see women who cant grow past it either

To say women are more adapt at change or unselfishnes is pretty ignorant,perhaps you should take your own advice and look at it from BOTH sides because both genders struggle

• Like 1
You want a model, TBF. Face it.
Nope. I don't want hubby in those crotch shot underwear ads. His goodies are all mine! :laugh:
  • Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours
lol you have no evidence of that at all,you look at it from only your persepctive of trying to find a man and have struggles when Men have the opposite experience and see women who cant grow past it either

To say women are more adapt at change or unselfishnes is pretty ignorant,perhaps you should take your own advice and look at it from BOTH sides because both genders struggle

We all look at it from our own perspectives Steve. I don't deny that men have their own struggles and issues. It's my perception that men are more shallow.

The reality is that women are more often set on personal growth then men appear to be. I don't say that to be nasty toward men. And it's not that I don't think men can change. It's that often they don't know how to express themselves or ask for help because of the culture they are brought up in. They are less likely to seek change.

Badsingularity
They are less likely to seek change.

DY

The problem is that from what I've seen you post you want men to feel attraction for women exactly the way women feel attraction for men.

That's just not how it works. Men and women are different. It is not something that can be changed and it is not something that should be changed.

• Like 2
DY

The problem is that from what I've seen you post you want men to feel attraction for women exactly the way women feel attraction for men.

That's just not how it works. Men and women are different. It is not something that can be changed and it is not something that should be changed.

I don't think all men experience attraction the same way, but I think however attraction works for that person is unique to them and fiddling with it and changing it to suit others in spite of yourself won't reap dividends in my opinion. It's a bit like being fake.

DY

Thats a myth women are just as visual as Men and get turned on by physical aspects

Do you think women get turned on by certain hot celebrities they dont know for their personalities?

Badsingularity
I don't think all men experience attraction the same way

I think most men experience attraction in a very similar way.

Just as most women experience attraction in a very similar way.

I do know though that not everyone is going to be exactly the same and there will always be variations in the way some people experience attraction.

I think however attraction works for that person is unique to them and fiddling with it and changing it to suit others in spite of yourself won't reap dividends in my opinion.

Agreed.

• Like 1
Badsingularity
Thats a myth women are just as visual as Men and get turned on by physical aspects

Do you think women get turned on by certain hot celebrities they dont know for their personalities?

Women are not just as visual as men and I am not going to drag the MOUNTAINS of obvious evidence that proves this into this thread.

That being said.

Women can be turned on by multiple things including looks.

An aura of inner strength and confidence is also very effective at turning women on.

• Like 2

This might just be my misconception, but it seems sometimes that it's rather taboo for women to admit looks are important to us meanwhile it's pretty accepted that men value physical beauty.

To use an example, on a public forum, I saw a question by some girl who asked something really generic, like how to attract good looking guys, the responses were the usual vindictive tripe about how she must be a "shallow whore" etc. On the same forum, a guy admitted he was obese and claimed that he was only attracted to slim, conventionally good looking brunettes and blondes and wanted some way to attract them, the responses were mainly sympathetic ones "be a nice person", "be a nice and respectful person", "if they're not interested they're probably shallow only superficial and not worth your time". I'm not even joking, I guess they either missed the irony or think it's only acceptable if men have physical appearance standards and most of the people answering both questions happened to actually be women themselves. The only sensible answer I recall came from a man who said that he should take care of his own appearance before expecting women who obviously work hard to take care of themselves show any interest in him.

It was only something like Yahoo Answers and I know it's not a great indicator of the way the world thinks, but it does seem a lot of people think like that.

• Like 3
Women are not just as visual as men and I am not going to drag the MOUNTAINS of obvious evidence that proves this into this thread.

That being said.

Women can be turned on by multiple things including looks.

An aura of inner strength and confidence is also very effective at turning women on.

Agree to an extent - I think there are quite a few women who respond to looks more than most. I don't think it's a vast majority though, but I encounter them. I do agree with you though, a man's physical attractiveness can be altered, and supplemented infinitely by internal characteristics.

This might just be my misconception, but it seems sometimes that it's rather taboo for women to admit looks are important to us meanwhile it's pretty accepted that men value physical beauty.

To use an example, on a public forum, I saw a question by some girl who asked something really generic, like how to attract good looking guys, the responses were the usual vindictive tripe about how she must be a "shallow whore" etc. On the same forum, a guy admitted he was obese and claimed that he was only attracted to slim, conventionally good looking brunettes and blondes and wanted some way to attract them, the responses were mainly sympathetic ones "be a nice person", "be a nice and respectful person", "if they're not interested they're probably shallow only superficial and not worth your time". I'm not even joking, I guess they either missed the irony or think it's only acceptable if men have physical appearance standards and most of the people answering both questions happened to actually be women themselves. The only sensible answer I recall came from a man who said that he should take care of his own appearance before expecting women who obviously work hard to take care of themselves show any interest in him.

It was only something like Yahoo Answers and I know it's not a great indicator of the way the world thinks, but it does seem a lot of people think like that.

I do notice this a lot, women do get called shallow a lot for liking a guys looks, while men are generally accepted for it. However, I must say that when it comes to looks, women can be varied yet particular, while men are more straightforward and less fussy to an extent.

I've seen this on a social anxiety forum. A heavy man, talking about how miserable he was - he had a username that let everyone know in advance, as well - but he also admitted that he was only attracted to gorgeous women.

I'm put off by the idea that high standards = physical beauty. I'm not gorgeous, and I don't appreciate the possibility of being compared to a bottom-feeder, based on that alone. at the forum I mentioned, they had a relationship/sex forum, and when a group of people were talking amongst themselves about hooking up with someone (possibly through the forum), if they didn't find partners, some of the men sounded really annoyed by the idea, "Even I have standards!" Hypocrites!

I've also had another exchange on my mind, concerning the amount of confidence is "allowed" to express, in the eyes of some men - that exchange happened here. If they were attracted to her, then she could be as confident as she felt like being; if they weren't attracted to her, then they thought she needed to tone it down a but. Never mind that she may have felt just fine, being who she is. I don't like this at all, but I know that I've unconsciously lived by those rules for years, and I'm still trying to break from that.

Edited by Anela
  • Like 1

ehh i think it depends i dont always think thats the case..on here for example if a guy can attract women it seems to be automatically assumed that hes looking for supermodels..

If a womens having trouble attracting Men on here shes usually coddled a little more and told she desrves her prince charming..

ehh i think it depends i dont always think thats the case..on here for example if a guy can attract women it seems to be automatically assumed that hes looking for supermodels..

If a womens having trouble attracting Men on here shes usually coddled a little more and told she desrves her prince charming..

I think it depends on the gender of whos making the thread to how people respond

If a guy makes a thread on how theyres not that many hot women around the single women who dont think theyre great looking will get angry and bitter and say see all mean are shallow and want only models

If a women makes a thread asking how to get a tall dark and handsome guy the bitter men on here will say look see all women just want the top 5% of guys no wonder im single

Ive fell into the trap a few times of getting angry at a women asking how to attract good looking Men and thinking all womena are shallow and im doomed

Not really..Have you read this forum yet?

• Like 3