The Second Time Around

• Author
black cat white cat ending - YouTube

Doesn't champagne stand out more against white, white, very white snow ?

I believe, yes.

But if you've ever experienced a Colorado winter you'll know it's unlikely the wedding party will be outside.

Do ppl in the US rent houses of 6-7 rooms with other utilities [on a lake with boat, pool, party room, bar, fireplace, sauna] for marriages for like a week-end ?

Maybe some do but it's not commonplace among people I know.

Weddings are more half-day (or night) affairs in the U.S..

To host something for an entire 2 days would be extremely expensive.

Wouldn't it be lovely though, to have enough land (and money) to set up such a weekend on one's own property?

Comfy tents could be set up for guests, entertainment arranged, music, dancing, outdoor games, and firepits for the evening.

How magical.

Do they have weekend-long weddings in Romania?

And would you wear grey? :p

No, they don't.

Most ppl do a civil ceremony with very close family.

Then they do a religious ceremony in front of a priest, in a church [most are in churches by far].

After the religious ceremony the wedding party goes to the place where they will celebrate [dine], usually a restaurant.

They are kinda expensive though, about 3k euros so generally the guest bring enough money to donate to the new couple to cover the cost of their meals.

It's rude to say you are coming, and not to come at this point.

The new couple doesn't receive presents outside of money.

3k euros is about 4k dollars, and adjusted for earning power in the US ... about 20k $.

I was thinking that maybe renting a 3star pension with the facilities i mentioned for the week-end [1k dollars], with most of the stuff getting catered or prepared themselves to keep costs down [simple stuff], with 2 waiters ... would be an interesting alternative.

---

I saw a groom in a beige suite ...

*Radu puts on his Don Rickles voice ... get a tux you smuck !

• Like 1
I was married long ago but didn't have a big 'do' at all.

If (fingers crossed) I wed again I fancy a 1950's style halter, white but with a floral pattern.

I would quite like to marry in a field or my garden, seeing as it would be a humanist ceremony. The legal ceremony, not so bothered about that - we could pop to the Registry office in jeans and t-shirt the day before or whatever. :)

My second was in a garden. Intimate, with a reception afterward. We did dress up - I wore indigo - but the ceremony was relaxed.

My first was just magistrate's court, I wore black, with a big party a few days later.

I didn't do white. I wasn't a virgin or religious so the symbolism meant nothing and I find white so boring. I suppose I could have chosen scarlet for the second for the symbolism but indigo looked better with my skin tone.

• Like 1

I wore purple for my first. Black for my second. (Turns out, the black was more than appropriate considering the state of that marriage.) :sick:

I wore purple for my first. Black for my second. (Turns out, the black was more than appropriate considering the state of that marriage.) :sick:

• Like 2

My former sister in law wore a dress for her 2nd marriage that had a navy blue velvet fitted top and a white long skirt with tulle underskirt. She looked very majestic

• Like 1

I'm wearing white for my second wedding... it's my fiancee's first... so we are going with a big wedding and doing it our way... If your sister really wants to wear white she should... there really are no rules on this anymore!

• Author
My former sister in law wore a dress for her 2nd marriage that had a navy blue velvet fitted top and a white long skirt with tulle underskirt. She looked very majestic

That sounds stunning.

There really is more than one way to kill a cat, isn't there.

I'm wearing white for my second wedding... it's my fiancee's first... so we are going with a big wedding and doing it our way... If your sister really wants to wear white she should... there really are no rules on this anymore!

I agree that weddings are no time to be bound by convention.

Express yourself!

A friend's getting married for the first time and she's wearing pale pink.

Her color scheme overall is outrageous, Dancer.

It's promising to be what weddings really should be: a celebration.

Thank you for the link below, btw. :)