Help what do girls like to do

koala bear

What do little girls like to do? I have three boy and this week I also have my sisters three kids a boy and two little girls ages 2 and 3. I have no idea what they like. And my sister didn't give me any ideas. Please help. I don't think I can handle a week of upset kids.

I dont know about the USA, but when I'm left alone with my nieces, I call a girlfriend or two over and they take it from there.

Have you tried asking them?!! (The kids, I mean)

• Author

They like to watch movies but if they sit inside and watch movies then they won't go to bed. I did rent some movies for them and I have it set up to play in the sprinkler today but we live in florida and when it rain they can't play out side. They are young to play the games I have here and I only have like cars and stuff boys play with. I am hoping we can go to a park one day but other then that I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Why don't you bake cookies w/ them? Get some safe dough, and all the kids should have fun making their own shapes out of it... you can get colorful stuff used to decorate cakes so they can get creative with the cookies... and eating these shapes once it's baked will be fun :D

my 2c,

-yes

Girls that young like things that aren't too much different than what boys like: a lot of activity.

But here are some ideas:

-dress up (if you have some old clothes/jewlery/shoes, or something you don't mind them playing in)

-tea partys (plastic cups and paper plates will work; give them water to pour and it's a good thing to do outside)

-dancing (Just put on some music and give them some scarves or napkins or pieces of material that they can swirl around)

-drawing/coloring/painting

-bubbles (everybody likes bubbles; they usually have bubble stuff at the dollar store)

-treasure hunts (hide a "treasure" and give clues to find it; if your boys are older they will need to help with this)

-hide and seek (again you may need to pair an older one with a bigger one)

-sidewalk chalk (this is also something they usually have at the dollar store)

-girls generally like dolls, but maybe your boys have some stuffed animals they can pretend are dolls, and if you have any of your baby stuff left, like a stroller, that would be a lot of fun for them

-books (if any of your kids are old enough to read, they might could even read to them)

-play dough (let them use some kitchen stuff with this, like a rolling pin and a muffin tin)

-girls generally like puzzles and blocks too, which your boys may already have

• Author

Thanks I will do all those things. I just think I got myself into a mess 6 kids all under the age of 8.And, ALL BY MYSELF!

See my sister got married last year and she won a cruise where she got her wedding dress from.Well I didn't have anything as a wedding present for her so I told her that I would watch the kids while they went.She had a year to use it and in the back of my head I thought there is NO WAY she with ever have the money for the taxes or port fees.

And four months ago she said she was going and it was still ok because my husband was here and he could help. But he got laid off here and had to go work for the same company hours away. So now I'm here with 6 kids and 1 adult for 7 days. All I can think is if everyone is still alive at the end of the week I did good.

Originally posted by koala bear

Thanks I will do all those things. I just think I got myself into a mess 6 kids all under the age of 8.And, ALL BY MYSELF!

I was kinda thinking that, but didn't want to say anything. ;)

You are awfully nice to do that for your sister. I wish I had a sister like you. :) YOu will all make it through the week somehow. Good luck!

• Author

Thanks Matilda

I wish she would do somthing like this for me but she and her husband had them all for about an hour one day and she called me and wanted me to come get mine because they wanted there mommy.

Well the oldest girl cryed last night for 20minutes wanting her. and, I just cuddled with her and showed her on the calnder when mommy would be here and she was fine.

I am going to make lunch now and take them to the park.

Do pedicures and let them fix your hair! For the pedicures, the girls love it, let them soak their feet and let them pick out their own polish color! You may want to polish it on for them though. Cookies - definitely.

My neices like watching the movie Titanic. We munch on popcorn too. Keep their bellies happy!

I have 2 girls. In my experience, yu can never go wrong with arts and crafts. painting coloring, bead sets, button makers, bedazzlers, etc. Little girls love that stuff!!

• 2 weeks later...

Coloring books and playdough are always good, but all of the things mentioned above (except the turtles :eek: ) were great suggestions. I hope the week isn't too tiring for you, and I hope you have fun with them. Little girls are great :love:.

• 2 weeks later...