No Contact (NC). Guide for the long walk. Consolidated discussion.

No Foolin

Day3 of NC today. Texting her would be the easiest thing in the world. Getting the reply i want, not so much. I find it strange that it was easier for me to move on when we did have contact, albeit very little. I will NOT be the one to initiate contact. She can man up and be the one to do that for once. Im expecting a text before the weekend, as we made plans that i would go through and take her out to dinner, sleeping by her in our old house. But 3days of NC so far and i dont think that seeing each other would serve any purpose. So im not holding my breath on that one. If it doesnt pan out, im just gonna make plans with some friends to go out. Not gonna put my life on hold over her.

• 4 weeks later...
peaceloveharmony

Hey everyone

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone here at LS, it has been a great help to me during and after my LTR breakup. There were times when I would of said or done something silly or out of character, or broke NC, had I not found this place. To those of you having doubts about what to do, remember to think carefully and make no important decisions or take any actions until you have absolutely no doubts and are 100% sure. This will ensure you don't slip up un-necessarily.

I spent many hours reading posts here and see a lot of similarities with my experiences and that of my family and friends. People I know have gone through the same things, we often joked that the planets must be out of alignment or something in the water..

We all speak from experience, of which quite a lot are very very similar, eerily so. It shows that human behaviour and actions are often mirrored, learned or patterned. There is a sixth-sense, so much so that I often saw things coming long before they happened.

LS has helped me make sense of the mess around me. I recommend it to anyone I talk to about problems and issues. Sharing is caring, we can all learn something from each other and help others who are going through troubled times.

One day I will post my 'story' here so that it might help others.

Thanks for being here.

Peace and love to you all

x

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
finalendeavor

I don't think I've ever handled a breakup better.

A guy who I had been seeing for a while as a LDR recently dumped me over text / Facebook in a very open-ended, terrible way. I posted a thread about it if anyone is curious on the details.

Short story short, I have only contacted him once since our final conversation, one week later, just to check in with him and see how he was doing. I got ignored. Its been three total weeks, and I've not contacted him at all other than that one time. I've not even looked at his social media sites; I have no idea what is going on in his life.

I'm so proud of myself. I have never been able to cut contact like that. It kills me that he hasn't tried to reach out at all after how our last conversation went, but I take so much comfort in the fact that I've really maintained my dignity. I took the breakup well, telling him that I disagreed but that I understood and would respect his feelings, despite the fact that they were rather vague.

I feel like how you handle a breakup in its initial stage is so key to how you'll be able to cope with NC in the long term. Even though he didn't give me closure, I gave myself closure by telling him how I felt. It's comforting to know that the ball in his court, and whether or not he decides to deflate it or do something with it is entirely his decision. I have no more words for him.

• Like 4

I saw walking down the sidewalk, I contacted her, exchanged a few texts and but she never responded to my last one.....I am destroyed, the pain is unbearable and incomparable, never felt such pain and anguish in my whole like. The death of family members is tough but it hurts to say, losing her is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I miss you so so much lovely.

Question: a mutual friend posted a bunch of photos of me and my ex and others at a festival from after we broke up but before NC (obviously...) I accepted the tags (only one of us alone together) and therefore allowed them on my timeline (the festival was great, the photos are lovely) but does this actually break NC? I didn't really think about it until afterwards and I've done so well-I don't want to have to reset :(

Sxxx