Am I doing the right thing?

• Author
Maybe she didn't know what to answer, or she's having mixed feelings about whether she should answer at all.

Hi,

Just finished sending her the email. Included all that you mentioned. Now I wait hoping and praying that she responds.

Nickk

• Like 1

Just finished sending her the email. Included all that you mentioned. Now I wait hoping and praying that she responds.

Hi Nick,

You surely deserve an answer, and at least a clarifying conversation with her.

Then, it will be what it will be.

• Author
Hi Nick,

You surely deserve an answer, and at least a clarifying conversation with her.

Then, it will be what it will be.

Hey JustWhoIAm,

Nothing yet. no text, no phone call, no response to the email :(

What next??

Nickk

• Author
Hi. You now need to face what's going on with her. She decided to adopt NC.

Hey,

Thanks.

So what should I be doing next? Be patient and wait.

Coz, there is no way I'm giving up. I believe in the love we had for each other.

Nickk

If it's over, you'll have to accept it. The last thing you can try is hearing that from her in person, when you're face to face. When do you plan to be back in her country?

• Author
If it's over, you'll have to accept it. The last thing you can try is hearing that from her in person, when you're face to face. When do you plan to be back in her country?

Well, I was planning on visiting this December.

I don't know why but I have this feeling, which makes me feel that things will get better.

This can't be it.

Nickk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey JustWhoIAm,

No response to the email yet. But that's alright. I've decided to stay positive and be patient.

Anyway, she starts uni tomorrow. I don't think she would answer the phone. Is it alright for me to send her a text wishing her or should I just mind my own business.

Thanks,

Nickk

Anyway, she starts uni tomorrow. I don't think she would answer the phone.

Did you send her an email asking when you could call her? If so and she didn't reply, calling her would be forcing things, now.

Is it alright for me to send her a text wishing her or should I just mind my own business.

You should do what you feel. But if I'm not mistaken, you already sent her your wishes about uni, etc. So it'd be just repeating yourself and coming across as annoying. I guess I would love it if I got mad and were looking forward to him reaching out for me... But this is not your case. She is clearly avoiding you. Now it's a certainty.

I guess if you wanted a chance, you didn't have to space out contact like you did at the beginning. But if she decided it's over and doesn't want to be with you right now (or in the future too), there's nothing you can do.

You can go on loving her for a while, or until you go back there in December. But after that, if you see there's no hope, you should really let her go.

• Author

Thank You.

Did you send her an email asking when you could call her? If so and she didn't reply, calling her would be forcing things, now.

Yes, I did send her an email asking her when I could call her.

I guess if you wanted a chance, you didn't have to space out contact like you did at the beginning.

Sorry! But does this mean that I should give her some space and do the no contact thing??

There is something else. Last morning a lady who worked with me and Jen was chatting with me on fb, she was a good friend to the both of us. Apparently, Jen didn't mention about our breakup to anyone at work. Whenever this lady asked her how I was doing she kept saying that I was fine.

When I told her about the breakup she didn't believe me. After a while she said she knows that Jen loves me. Two week before Jen left work to move back home (which is about 3 weeks ago) they were having a conversation about me in the office and Jen said that she loves me.

I don't know what to make of it. It's confusing.

As far as moving on with my life goes, I can't get myself to stop thinking about her. There are several questions which are bothering me about moving on and having another relationship (which btw I'm not considering at the moment):

1) What if I start rating the new relationship based on what I has with Jen?

2) What if she doesn't show me the same affection and love Jen showed me when we were together?

3) More importantly, what if I can't get myself to love her as much I love Jen? 4) Will I ever be able to trust her, what if she does the same thing Jen did?

Sorry, too many what if's.

But yeah, that's where I am at the moment.

Thanks again.

Nickk

does this mean that I should give her some space and do the no contact thing??
That's what you did the very first weeks. I told you in the beginning it was better not. But you were sure that was what she wanted.

About not saying anything in the office, she probably didn't feel like giving any explanation, and it was easier for her to say everything was fine. I guess this colleague is going to ask her about the breakup soon or later.

3) More importantly, what if I can't get myself to love her as much I love Jen?
You are not ready for a new relationship yet. Wait until you see her again and you can have a talk with her.