Engaged Fiancee says she needs a break

Hi everyone. I am a 25 year old guy. I proposed to my girl friend last December, we are engaged now. Things were okay until last monthly, she says that she wants a break from our relationship. We live with each other. I don't know what to do?

StrangeBehaviors

Blow her mind. Completely agree with her calmly.

Then call U-haul and start moving out before she knows what happened.

Treat it 100% like a business transaction.

Then leave your lines of communication open, but don't say a word unless she completely changes her tune.

Otherwise, it's probably done.

Telling you what I think.

• Like 4

She made a choice. Accept it and call the vendors and and advise them of the change in plans, presuming plans for the wedding have begun prior.

How long have you known each other?

If you had to pinpoint a trouble spot in the relationship, what would it be? No relationship or marriage is perfect. Be honest.

The only change I would make to the prior advice would be to ask her to move her stuff out. She apparently chose to leave the relationship, hence she can also leave the relationship's domicile. No need for you to upset your routine or create expense/work for yourself because of her choices. Tell her that.

My sympathies. Welcome to LS :)

• Like 2
StrangeBehaviors
She made a choice. Accept it and call the vendors and and advise them of the change in plans, presuming plans for the wedding have begun prior.

How long have you known each other?

If you had to pinpoint a trouble spot in the relationship, what would it be? No relationship or marriage is perfect. Be honest.

The only change I would make to the prior advice would be to ask her to move her stuff out. She apparently chose to leave the relationship, hence she can also leave the relationship's domicile. No need for you to upset your routine or create expense/work for yourself because of her choices. Tell her that.

My sympathies. Welcome to LS :)

Yep. This. Should have said the same thing but with getting her out.

Get some prices on Uhaul tomorrow.

Start getting some boxes for her. Don't put yourself out too much. Just get the point across in a business like manner that if she wants to play break, then play it.

"I know you need a break, here's this and this. I'm gonna' go out for now and leave you to this stuff...."

Then go do whatever you want. Don't tell her nothing either in relation to what you will be doing. Don't respond to the phone call or text you might get saying "Where are you? Can we talk?"

Hell, go to Vegas if you want.

You'll come out way better than trying to do the so-called improvement on what's "missing".

Good Luck.

• Like 1
Blow her mind. Completely agree with her calmly.

Then call U-haul and start moving out before she knows what happened.

Treat it 100% like a business transaction.

Then leave your lines of communication open, but don't say a word unless she completely changes her tune.

Otherwise, it's probably done.

Telling you what I think.

Totally this. She thinks you're in the bag, so demand respect from her.

I don't understand the ''i need a break'' stuff. You want me or you don't, and if you're not sure, then i'm not sure if i want you :D

Dude have respect for yourself. Fiancee, wife or girlfriends, whatevere they are, they should want you and only YOU! If they don't, then why bother with them. There are millions of girls out there. Find a trustworthy, honest, loving and respectful one.

Thank her for being honest with you as you dodged a bullet.

Better you hear this now rather than two kids and a mortgage later.

• 2 weeks later...

Does she want break for forever or sometimes? If she wants break for sometimes then give her sometimes to take a break. I think by this, your relationship will be more stronger. Always respect her opinions, then also she will respect your opinions.

Edited by Devon5
TheMeatloafJuggler
Hi everyone. I am a 25 year old guy. I proposed to my girl friend last December, we are engaged now. Things were okay until last monthly, she says that she wants a break from our relationship. We live with each other. I don't know what to do?

I hate to say this, but in the cases where I saw this happen ( to a friend, to an employee and to someone I would call an acquaintance) , the girl wanted to break up to sleep with someone else she thought was a better catch. And only in the case where the new guy kicked her to the curb after he got what he wanted from her, did she come back to the original guy wanting to reconcile.

By asking for a break, she can say she never cheated and still have you, in theory, on the backburner in case it doesn't work out with the other guy.

Odds are, sorry to say it, she's had her eye on some other guy for a while now, and he is her first choice and you are the long standing backup.

If you marry her, if she comes back, she will always resent you for not being him. Proof that she will resent you comes from the fact that she is leaving you now.

As stated by others, kick her out and never speak to her again. Not one word.