This will be long, and it belongs in this section.

I am a big fan of the Butterfly Effect and action-reaction.

Did you see the race in Tron [first one] ?

That's how i picture my being, 1 bike, zipping across the surface and each of life's happenings puts an obstacle, that either derails me a little, or a lot.

Makes sense, right ?

Something happens to you once or several times, it's going to have an impact on you, it will change your perception of life, of reality.

I keep getting the message that God is the one that puts these things in front of me, to better myself to improve myself ... or to just toy with me and turn me into a wino, who knows ... maybe there's a need for a +1 in that department.

Ppl who make a job out of helping ppl who God decided to 'help' have families.

Surely Mr. Therapist has little ones that need feeding, so don't be mad if your dad molested you when you were little, some good came out of this ... and remember that God is there for you.

But what if i don't believe in God ?

Does this mean that simply chance puts these things in front of me ?

Maybe, but the decision of what i will do in these situations is mine and mine alone [unless i've angered some potentate like Obama or called a woman a slut for wanting free condoms].

Still, every day we see both in RL and here ppl who decide to change their ways, to remove the chance that certain things will happen to them.

Or just to block themselves from proof contrary to their internal beliefs.

By eliminating toxic friendships we can improve our life as well.

So we do have control over our interactions before these interactions take place.

Almost like a God, we can control our domain, which is us.

Does this make us our own God ?

If it's true than it means that the person who loves us is under our own domain, we also have power over the life that we bring into this world.

But what if i believe in God and I change myself ?

In my own world it must mean that i have 2 gods, one probably stronger than the other.

Which is stronger is subject to quite a lot of debate.

Most of the ppl in this world believe in God, then why can't we use the God defense in court and not get laughed at ?

Why must i take responsability for what put me over the edge constantly, when God is also responsible for this.

Has the defense of 'God is guilty' had any success in the modern world ?

How can i give myself to God, put myself in his hands, when he won't take responsability for me or watch out for my own best interests ?

God is a horrible Master.

Isn't it better if you guys reading this decide to bow down to me ?

At least you won't ever have a crysis of faith, you know i'm real ... if i haven't helped you, then something happened.

Send me your prayers, your money can come later.

Edited by Radu
This will be long, and it belongs in this section.

I am a big fan of the Butterfly Effect and action-reaction.

Did you see the race in Tron [first one] ?

That's how i picture my being, 1 bike, zipping across the surface and each of life's happenings puts an obstacle, that either derails me a little, or a lot.

Makes sense, right ?

Something happens to you once or several times, it's going to have an impact on you, it will change your perception of life, of reality.

I keep getting the message that God is the one that puts these things in front of me, to better myself to improve myself ... or to just toy with me and turn me into a wino, who knows ... maybe there's a need for a +1 in that department.

Ppl who make a job out of helping ppl who God decided to 'help' have families.

Surely Mr. Therapist has little ones that need feeding, so don't be mad if your dad molested you when you were little, some good came out of this ... and remember that God is there for you.

But what if i don't believe in God ?

Does this mean that simply chance puts these things in front of me ?

Maybe, but the decision of what i will do in these situations is mine and mine alone [unless i've angered some potentate like Obama or called a woman a slut for wanting free condoms].

Still, every day we see both in RL and here ppl who decide to change their ways, to remove the chance that certain things will happen to them.

Or just to block themselves from proof contrary to their internal beliefs.

By eliminating toxic friendships we can improve our life as well.

So we do have control over our interactions before these interactions take place.

Almost like a God, we can control our domain, which is us.

Does this make us our own God ?

If it's true than it means that the person who loves us is under our own domain, we also have power over the life that we bring into this world.

But what if i believe in God and I change myself ?

In my own world it must mean that i have 2 gods, one probably stronger than the other.

Which is stronger is subject to quite a lot of debate.

Most of the ppl in this world believe in God, then why can't we use the God defense in court and not get laughed at ?

Why must i take responsability for what put me over the edge constantly, when God is also responsible for this.

Has the defense of 'God is guilty' had any success in the modern world ?

How can i give myself to God, put myself in his hands, when he won't take responsability for me or watch out for my own best interests ?

God is a horrible Master.

Isn't it better if you guys reading this decide to bow down to me ?

At least you won't ever have a crysis of faith, you know i'm real ... if i haven't helped you, then something happened.

Send me your prayers, your money can come later.

Why should God be held responsible for YOUR actions or anybody's actions? You are responsible for your own actions. He gave people free will. God does allow things or situations to come about to test the faith of His followers. He expects them to pass the test. Those tests are there to strengthen us, strengthen our faith, strengthen our trust in God. If you don't believe in God, then it probably is just chance that puts those obstacles in front of you, although God sometimes uses those obstacles to bring you closer to Him. I know a lot of people that have come to God because of obstacles in their life, who were not believers but now are.

• Like 2
  • Author

So ... the 1 million Iraki's that died since 2003 were tested by God and failed ?

I see you didn't adress the possibility that you are your own God.

So ... the 1 million Iraki's that died since 2003 were tested by God and failed ?

I see you didn't adress the possibility that you are your own God.

I'll give you my perspective, and hopefully I won't be attacked for it. God gives us free will. We have free will to follow Him or not. But it is not enough to only believe in God. We can only have a relationship/connection with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. Our sin has separated us from God, and it is only through our acceptance of Christ's sacrifice as payment for our sins that we can be spiritually connected with God. Christians believe that only through Christ can we be spiritually connected with God. Those of other faiths who have not accepted Christ's sacrifice have had that spiritual connection cut off because of sin. With that said, those of the Muslim faith are spiritually cut off from God. How would I be my own god? I did not create myself. I have limited power in this world. My definition of God, as most have defined Him, is the creator of all things, whose existence is and has been for all of eternity, who has power over all things.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'll give you my perspective, and hopefully I won't be attacked for it. God gives us free will. We have free will to follow Him or not. But it is not enough to only believe in God. We can only have a relationship/connection with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. Our sin has separated us from God, and it is only through our acceptance of Christ's sacrifice as payment for our sins that we can be spiritually connected with God. Christians believe that only through Christ can we be spiritually connected with God. Those of other faiths who have not accepted Christ's sacrifice have had that spiritual connection cut off because of sin. With that said, those of the Muslim faith are spiritually cut off from God. How would I be my own god? I did not create myself. I have limited power in this world. My definition of God, as most have defined Him, is the creator of all things, whose existence is and has been for all of eternity, who has power over all things.

I see, no matter how much good a human being does, it's not enough unless he believe in the right God.

Love thy neighbour, i thought that was his order.

What about the Jews ... they don't believe in Jesus being the son of God, or their saviour. They killed God's only son on Earth.

I don't know about you, but that would make me angry.

By not accepting God as my god, i have power.

I have made that conscious decision.

Does that not make me the more powerfull God ?

Edited by Radu
god didn't have a son.

Sure, He did. His Son was prophesized for many centuries, and manifested through Jesus Christ, just as it was prophesized.

god is not a person or anything like a person. gox exists god is in the air and is everwhere.

God is a spiritual being.

god does not prefer christians or jews or buddhists or muslims or atheists. he loves all.

God DOES love all people whom He created, but only those who have accepted His offer of eternal life through the sacrifice of His Son, are spiritually connected with Him. But God continues to hold out hope that those who are now separated from Him will come to know and accept Him, and become His true followers through His Son, Jesus Christ. That IS the only path to God, is through His Son. That is what Christians believe. That is what was prophesized and what was manifested.

• Author

Just so you know Kathy, when i said God in my OP i was referring to any God in any religion, not just the Christian God [which is probably followed wrong if you are Christian in the US anyway].

That applies to ANY God.

So pls, explain away how God tests the millions of muslims who 'sin' by the test of death.

PS: Writing stuff in bold doesn't make them so.

• Like 1
I see, no matter how much good a human being does, it's not enough unless he believe in the right God.

Love thy neighbour, i thought that was his order.

What about the Jews ... they don't believe in Jesus being the son of God, or their saviour. They killed God's only son on Earth.

I don't know about you, but that would make me angry.

By not accepting God as my god, i have power.

I have made that conscious decision.

Does that not make me the more powerfull God ?

There's only one God. Most people do believe in the one true God, but because our sin has separated us from Him, He has provided a way for us to be spiritually reconnected with Him, and that is through his Son. Only through His Son can we reestablish the spiritual connection with Him that our sin has cut us off from. It is not through our good works that we are connected to God. Of course, God loves and wants people to treat others well, and to do good works, but that is not how we can be reunited spiritually with Him. Only through acceptance of Christ's sacrifice as payment for our sins can we be reconnected spiritually with God.

You have very limited power on this earth. And it is only at God's will that you have the power that you do have. And that limited power, that limited life, that you now have, can be wiped away in an instant. You have very little power on your own in the whole scheme of things.

Just so you know Kathy, when i said God in my OP i was referring to any God in any religion, not just the Christian God [which is probably followed wrong if you are Christian in the US anyway].

That applies to ANY God.

So pls, explain away how God tests the millions of muslims who 'sin' by the test of death.

PS: Writing stuff in bold doesn't make them so.

There is only one true God. Muslims, Jews and Christians all believe in the same one true God. But Jews and Muslims, because they have rejected God's Son, are spiritually disconnected from God because of their sin.

P.S. I write in bold when I want to separate my response from the text I am responding to, if I want to put in a response before the end of the text I am quoting. It's not for purposes of emphasis, but for purposes of separating the response from the quote.

you're a ball of laughs but on the other hand you're frightfully dangerous. the muslims say they are the best in an equally non compelling argument. then the jews. that the hindus and buddhists. then the athiests. god isn't a being and he didn't have a son who was a person. we're not the center of the universe. since god didn't have a human son the rest of your story is gibberish. but the muslimes and jews and hindus and all the rest produce as much gibberish. ever play the game telephone and the message gets garbled after ten kids. try that for two thousand years. so much gibberish.

You're entitled to your beliefs. I can see that I'm wasting my time in talking to you. Have a nice day. I'll pray for you that someday you will know the truth while you still have the opportunity to accept the truth. ;)

• Like 2

I would even disagree that there is only one God. The Bible clearly says that it's possible to pray to demons and worship demons. Demons are the spirits of fallen angels, who may try to steal the worship that belongs to God--which is ultimately Satan's main goal (to receive worship whether directly or indirectly).

Jesus had harsh words reserved for those who claimed to believe in the Father yet rejected him. He said that if they truly worshipped the Father they would realize he is identical in character and nature to the Father. He even went on to say that the reason they don't recognize him is because their father is the devil. This is when he almost got stoned or thrown off a cliff. You can see why.

but there's a muslim who's praying for me that i become a muslim and a jew who's praying for me to become a jew and a hindu who's praying for me to become a hindu.

chirstian. i speak the truth.

muslim. no it's me

jew. no no it's me

buddhist. it's me

hundu. no no no it's me

seriously. lighten up.

The Bible would agree with you.

All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.

-Proverbs 21:2

This is why we must pray to receive revelation from the Holy Spirit, or else we will think we are right no matter what (as you say). We must pray, then the Bible says it is God's role to direct our steps--not man's.

• Author
There's only one God. Most people do believe in the one true God, but because our sin has separated us from Him, He has provided a way for us to be spiritually reconnected with Him, and that is through his Son. Only through His Son can we reestablish the spiritual connection with Him that our sin has cut us off from. It is not through our good works that we are connected to God. Of course, God loves and wants people to treat others well, and to do good works, but that is not how we can be reunited spiritually with Him. Only through acceptance of Christ's sacrifice as payment for our sins can we be reconnected spiritually with God.

You have very limited power on this earth. And it is only at God's will that you have the power that you do have. And that limited power, that limited life, that you now have, can be wiped away in an instant. You have very little power on your own in the whole scheme of things.

So, one can be a mass murderer of tens of millions of humans, but if he accepts the one and only true Christian Faith with Jesus as his saviour, then he can be allowed in God's presence.

While a good person who helps millions, but who doesn't believe in the true Christian Faith, with Jesus as his saviour who can only be reached through the Church, then his good deeds will not allow him to be allowed in God's presence ?

How very convenient that we need a group of ppl to talk to our Lord, a group of ppl who cannot show definitive proof of his Son's existence.

Oh, i am sure that my life can be wiped away by superior beings on this planet, i just think that the power belongs to humans.

See this, this that you are reading now ?

It's my decision to write it.

I am not your God, but you have read this far.

Why don't you accept me as your God ?

You have definitive proof that i exist.

This thread is real.

• Author

This is why we must pray to receive revelation from the Holy Spirit, or else we will think we are right no matter what (as you say). We must pray, then the Bible says it is God's role to direct our steps--not man's.

Pls continue to post in this thread, i would love to read from non-Zealots.

• Author

I already reminded of that.

Not all of the stuff can be changed though the main message stays the same.

I would even disagree that there is only one God. The Bible clearly says that it's possible to pray to demons and worship demons. Demons are the spirits of fallen angels, who may try to steal the worship that belongs to God--which is ultimately Satan's main goal (to receive worship whether directly or indirectly).

Jesus had harsh words reserved for those who claimed to believe in the Father yet rejected him. He said that if they truly worshipped the Father they would realize he is identical in character and nature to the Father. He even went on to say that the reason they don't recognize him is because their father is the devil. This is when he almost got stoned or thrown off a cliff. You can see why.

There is only one true God. The Bible is very clear on that. Some people choose to worship Satan or other false gods, idols, or other things, like money, like fame, plenty of idol worship and worship of false gods. There is only one true God.

• Like 1

God often works through others. We hear his gospel through others, and often through other followers of Him, we are brought closer to Him. Through other men/women who are followers of God and who speak the gospel as it is written in the Bible. The Bible is the true word of God. It has in it everything you need to know. You don't have to start waiting for some big revelation, you can start reading and studying God's word at any time.

So, one can be a mass murderer of tens of millions of humans, but if he accepts the one and only true Christian Faith with Jesus as his saviour, then he can be allowed in God's presence.

While a good person who helps millions, but who doesn't believe in the true Christian Faith, with Jesus as his saviour who can only be reached through the Church, then his good deeds will not allow him to be allowed in God's presence ?

How very convenient that we need a group of ppl to talk to our Lord, a group of ppl who cannot show definitive proof of his Son's existence.

Oh, i am sure that my life can be wiped away by superior beings on this planet, i just think that the power belongs to humans.

See this, this that you are reading now ?

It's my decision to write it.

I am not your God, but you have read this far.

Why don't you accept me as your God ?

You have definitive proof that i exist.

This thread is real.

True followers of God do not become mass murderers. It is not through good works that we have a spiritual connection with God. You can do all the good works you would ever have time for, and that will not bring you into a spiritual connection with God. If you don't believe in God, or are separated from Him through sin, you will have no spiritual connection with Him.

You don't need a group of people to talk to God. You can talk to Him at any time through prayer, but you will need to accept the means by which He has offered us a connection to Him, and that is through His Son.

I have all the proof I need to be convinced that the one true God is for real. Why do you care that I believe as I do? I am convinced that I have found the truth, and I have very compelling evidence that I have seen in my own life and in the lives of others to convince me of that. I guess you'll have to keep wondering. I don't need to.

Radu

I must say, I admire your ability to ponder your spiritual condition...most don't spend that much time thinking about such matters. In my opinion, your thought process and conclusions about a higher power is much more common than most would like to admit.

I think, deep down, most people rely on their own strength, knowledge, wealth, social contacts etc. to survive, at least some of the time. And it may feel that we are therefore in control of our final destinies. You say that you feel like a God...but I ask you, what is your definition of "God"?

Because, surely you must recognize that, despite all of the amazing abilities that you have (intelligence, introspection, just to name a few), you are fallible...? Is that what God means to you...a fallible being?

I know that I am definitely fallible (endlessly fallible). And if I feel strong and powerful today, I know that in a blink of an eye, sickness, destruction, aging and death will ravage my physical body. So, it makes much more sense to me to put faith in a spiritual God - one who does not ever fail, err or die.

I believe that you are in God's protective hands right now, and only by the grace of God, have not been destroyed (sounds harsh :o). And if you confront trials in this life, God did not put them there...God allowed evil forces to test and tempt you...but God never actually PUTS difficulty in anyone's life.

I urge you to continue to embark on your quest for answers. And I pray that one day you will see God, and experience His light and the peace and understanding that comes with it.

Christ=Love

• Author
True followers of God do not become mass murderers. It is not through good works that we have a spiritual connection with God. You can do all the good works you would ever have time for, and that will not bring you into a spiritual connection with God. If you don't believe in God, or are separated from Him through sin, you will have no spiritual connection with Him.

You don't need a group of people to talk to God. You can talk to Him at any time through prayer, but you will need to accept the means by which He has offered us a connection to Him, and that is through His Son.

I have all the proof I need to be convinced that the one true God is for real. Why do you care that I believe as I do? I am convinced that I have found the truth, and I have very compelling evidence that I have seen in my own life and in the lives of others to convince me of that. I guess you'll have to keep wondering. I don't need to.

If you don't need a group of ppl to talk to God, why do we have churches ?

Why is there a history of men appointed first by divine hand [Jesus] to lead the Christian Church who would later go on to sell absolutions.

Did not Jesus tell Saint Peter that what he decides on Earth, he will make so in Heaven ?

Did those ppl not sell for money entrance to Heaven then ?

I remind you that one of the crusades [4th] is why the Great Schism happened. Are you trying to tell me that the Christians of Constantinole were sinners before the schism ?

In contrast, i am a benevolent God.

I will not smythe those that do not believe in me, but i will reward those that do.

Convert Kathy.

PS: Thanks pie2, i shall remember you when the World accepts me as their one true God and i will give you riches.

• Like 1
YellowShark

I will worship you too radu. Because you are real and not a bunch of fairy tales which promise all sorts of things that have never been seen or witnessed in 2000+ years.

I guess for me to have faith in something it has to be proven it is real. It has to be observable, measurable. Call me crazy that way. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
I will worship you too radu. Because you are real and not a bunch of fairy tales which promise all sorts of things that have never been seen or witnessed in 2000+ years.

I guess for me to have faith in something it has to be proven it is real. It has to be observable, measurable. Call me crazy that way. ;)

My son, your faith shall be rewarded.

In the future, the 1st son born of a 3rd child born will bring you great satisfaction.