Tired of waiting...

Wow, that is a long time. I'm 41 and divorced also. Here's my opinion though: I think it's great that he is committed to you. I just dumped(if you can even call it that) a FWB that I was with for 5 yrs. He has another woman living with him that's met the parents and the whole time he was telling me that he wasn't ready to committ. So kudos to your gut for at least committing to the relationship. I would take the fact that he doesn't want to live together as a sign. Maybe living together may not work or maybe he's afraid that if you start living together that it may change or even destroy the relationship. Some people are just better when they live apart. I know that you want to be married but there are a lot of people who are just as happy in committed relationships. Idk... it's about what you want. What I do know is that men don't respond well to ultimatums especially when it involves a serious commitment. However, you have to do what you think is best for you.

On the other hand, let's say he agreed to your ultimatum and married you when he's not really ready and it doesn't work out. You may end up regretting that you gave him that ultimatum. Talk it out with him, and go from there.That's probably the best advice I can give. I hope that it all works out for you. I'd give anything just to find a man who wants to seriously commit to me.

MagicBullet does have a point though. I wouldnt want to put doubt in your head but if you feel as if you deserve marriage and he's stringing you consider that too. I hope that it's not a situation similar to mine where the guy strung me along until he found what it was he really wanted. So, on that note it's something to think about. I guess I say what I say in my post above because I havent been lucky enough to even find a man who wants a serious relationship since my divorce in 2007. :o