My EX'S Birthday

well I'm just trying to figure out what is the point of not saying happy birthday....if i want to get her back. If someone can tell me why its advantageous to not say happy birthday i will by all means not do it....is it just because it makes me appear desperate?

Because you still have feelings for her, that's why. Okay, let me ask you this. You send her an "Happy Birthday" text and you don't get a response back. Then what? I mean, up to that point of asking that, you will be constantly looking at your phone wondering if she responded yet. Then, what if she says, "thanks" and that's it. No "how are you?" or "So, what's new in your life?" nothing but just...."thanks". And what if she responds later stating, "Thanks for the text, sorry I didn't respond sooner, but my boyfriend threw me a surprise Birthday party and I was caught up with that.....SO! How have you been?" Every scenario will probably cause you either to be knocked back a couple of notches or put you back to square one.

Look, this is just an advice forum. Nothing that is said in here is law. You can do what you want. People are here to give you advice and direction on any decision you feel is best for you.

Edited by Chi townD