Women states in her OKC profile that she is seeking "new friends"/activity partners"

PhillyDude

I hung out with a girl 2x recently that had that in her profile looking for on top of short-term dating. I get mixed signals also. I take this for the face value that it says on her profile and honestly based off the times I've been out with her.

Girls of this type just want friends and want to multi-date or talk with guys. They get the emotional fun of the guy without committing physically.

mortensorchid

That's not classy by any means. I have asked some others what "available" or "seeking activity partners" means. Some have responded that they are married or in a relationship but their spouse/signifigant other is ok with their being with someone else in order to take away from the ennui of long term relationships. Do I believe that? No not really.

NEXT and move on.

If her actual R status states, "In a relationship" AND she cited her BF in her profile AND she clearly listed only friends and activity partners, I don't get the flak. I've long wanted an OKC friend site, as I love the mechanics of the site, and I've even met female friends on it abroad, when I just needed ways to meet people in a new place! I tried using it for friends when I moved back stateside with little luck where I live (very few folks looking for real friends or activity partners on it here) but I don't see the harm in trying.

Why would you assume she's ONLY looking to meet men? For friends, you could look for both genders.