The sexual objectification of men.

Exactly, it has to be walked, but what I find is that where we once walked along that road as kids, the younger generation are now being left to walk it as adults. That's a harder and more confusing road for them to walk, many struggle with the reality and time is always against them.

This is a consequence of the extended or second childhood you allude to, where for whatever reasons (and I will charitably omit my identification of such reasons :laugh:), young people are coddled as if they are babies well into adulthood. How well adjusted, sexually or otherwise, are people who are told they are still "children" in their early adulthood, and then suddenly within a couple of years, are expected to shoulder adult responsibilities and attitudes?

Where sexual objectification is concerned, and I've posted this before, historically Don Juan and Madame Bovary et al, are -tragic- figures, written as such. Today in sex-marketing culture, we idolize what were relatively recently considered frivolous behaviors in human beings. Young people are pushed right into this sex mill as if that's always been the state of humanity. It most certainly hasn't. Sex is a great piece of our lives, but just a piece. As opposed to diagnosing the ill as sexual objectification, IMO it's more about sexual self-medication and addiction due to the drug becoming much cheaper and less risky in a post pill world.

Edited by dasein
  • Like 1