Living Alone...

For those who have lived alone for a while now, how do you do it? Do you prefer living alone, or do you prefer having someone there, whether it be a roommate(s) or a significant other?

I loved living with my boyfriends and roommates in college.

There was always someone at hand to do things with.

Upon graduating, I immediately married and his style was so different from mine, living together was stressful.

So, during the separation and divorce, living alone for the first time since I was 16, was fantastic.

FAN.

Tastic.

But it's been years since I've lived with a S.O. and I'm beginning to miss it again.

How do you mitigate some of the routine drudgery...?

My solution
  • Like 1
I loved living with my boyfriends and roommates in college.

There was always someone at hand to do things with.

Upon graduating, I immediately married and his style was so different from mine, living together was stressful.

So, during the separation and divorce, living alone for the first time since I was 16, was fantastic.

FAN.

Tastic.

But it's been years since I've lived with a S.O. and I'm beginning to miss it again.

My solution

ROFL. :laugh: This reminds me of: The HormonePMS Guide For Women - Joke

In all seriousness, I think we found a nice balance for the 'personal space' vs 'living alone' issue - we have a personal room each, though we sleep in the same one. So we have time alone when we want it, but when we feel like seeing the other, we can just pop into the next room. It's more expensive than a studio apartment, but well worth it IMO, since we're both people who need some space to ourselves. Plus his untidiness would just about drive me batty (and most people call ME untidy, so that's saying a lot!), so he tries to confine it to his room and I close an eye and a half when I walk in. :laugh:

• Like 1
miss_jaclynrae

I live alone. I have my own apartment and I LOVE it. It is my home, everything here I earned on my own. When my ex husband and I divorced I was left with nothing, so I am proud to be a 22 year old who has a place of their own and is financially independent.

I also love just having my own space, sure, it gets lonely, but for the most part if I am seeing someone I go over to their place. My home is mine and I am very private about it.

I really do love living alone, sure, I miss having someone, but living on oneself DEFINITELY has its perks!