LittlePrince
I'm so glad I live in Australia, no tipping here. I remember when I was in the States and didn't tip the taxi driver who drove me from airport to hotel. He actually started full on yelling at me. I wised up after that.

Cabbies aren't known for mental stability especially ones in big cities.

If you can't afford a tip you probably shouln't be spending money on the types of thingst that require you tp tip. If you are THAT broke and cheap stick to ramen noodles.

Ppl who posted here come from different countries and societies.

Judging by some of these posts, i'll go outside and tip the clouds for the service of allowing me to see the sun.

LittlePrince

Yesterday I went out to eat and the bill was a little under 20 so I gave a 5. I felt I didn't give enough though I knew I would feel a little silly giving a 50-100% tip like I was a high roller. I mean who was I trying to impress with a tip like that? Still I felt the tip I did give was too low. Afaik 15% is considered average and 20% is for better service but some consider 20% to be average.

Though I tip I find those places which force a tip on you to be kind of ridiculous.

LittlePrince

Judging by some of these posts, i'll go outside and tip the clouds for the service of allowing me to see the sun.

In some places the minimum wage is lower for jobs that are more gratuity based. Therefore one could end up earning much less than the real minimum wage in a shift which is already too low. Yet with the way people tip they can also very often earn well over the standard minimum wage and overall earn more than they could at the standard minimum without paying taxes on it.

chrissylee

Yes but from the post I was responding to it shouldn't like they were from somewhere where tipping is normal. It just sounded like they are to cheap to tip.