Public Service announcement: Men want to have sex with women

fortyninethousand322
Exactly.

Of course we know men want sex. No news flash there. If more men wanted relationships, they'd have an easier time getting sex. Many men seem to expect easy, immediate sex.

Maybe men shouldn't flirt with women they only want sex from. It's not fair to make women think you want something more than sex. ;)

And if more women didn't run from clingy, easily attached men and were more patient with them, women could more easily have relationships with quality men.

threebyfate
Why do you say that?

Are you somehow offended that men can be this way?

Frankly, it just seems that you can't comprehend the male sex drive.

What I find incomprehensible is the belief that all men are this way and that it's a woman's responsibility to believe something that isn't a given, hence run around in burkas, not flirt or touch a guy, just in case he gets the wrong idea. That's offensive to me.
fortyninethousand322
What I find incomprehensible is the belief that all men are this way and that it's a woman's responsibility to believe something that isn't a given, hence run around in burkas, not flirt or touch a guy, just in case he gets the wrong idea. That's offensive to me.

They just shouldn't get creeped out or surprised when the guy expresses romantic interest, that's all. If that's "offensive", well then color me offensive.

And if more women didn't run from clingy, easily attached men and were more patient with them, women could more easily have relationships with quality men.

... Needy and clingy equals quality?? I think it's kind of the opposite.

fortyninethousand322
... Needy and clingy equals quality?? I think it's kind of the opposite.

Not if the clingyness is just from nervousness. Most clingy guys aren't going to cheat or do any of that. They just need a little polishing that's all.

Star Gazer

Where did he say "all"?

ThaWholigan

1) I don't think it's all men for a start, but I suspect a sizeable portion

2) I don't think that most of the sane men expect women to shoulder responsibility for our failure to control our sexuality.

threebyfate
The fallowing is a public service announce brought to you by the Common Sense Association of America.

Men want to have sex with women. If you are an attractive woman, a very large number of men, older and younger, would like to have sex with you. Even if you aren't that attractive you will still find that a large number of men would want to have sex.

-I am somedude81 and I approve of this message.

Where did he say "all"?
He said "men" which encompasses "all" men.
Not if the clingyness is just from nervousness. Most clingy guys aren't going to cheat or do any of that. They just need a little polishing that's all.

Actually, that's the opposite. Clingy guys are MORE likely to cheat. See, clingy guys are that way because they're insecure. They cling to a woman because they think she's all they can get and they need constant outside validation of their worthiness.

All it would take is ONE slightly sexy secretary to show the clingy taken guy some attention, especially if his wife is busy with, ya know, kids, her own life, and not constantly showering him with attention, and boom, affair, divorce, rinse and repeat.

Didn't you learn anything from my exes thread? Those were guys who were desperate and, frankly, deeply insecure... all it took was some relationship-confidence and a hotter girl, and they were instantly out the door.

threebyfate
1) I don't think it's all men for a start, but I suspect a sizeable portion
I'm fine with this perspective.

2) I don't think that most of the sane men expect women to shoulder responsibility for our failure to control our sexuality.
Less about failure and more about playing the victim, blaming women in general for their own inability to read social cues.

I don't want to have sex with women.

I want to take them into a rainbow cotton candy fantasy land of wriggling puppies and puffball snowflake kitties, shower them with sparkly, shiny lovey lumps and chewy, gooey gumdrops, skip and dance with them through waterfalls of sugary sarsaparilla smilies and ride off on into the sunset on frowzy, fuzzy unicorn babies with large and limpid kindly wise eyes. Then we can have a good cry at the wonder of it all, sing kum ba ya in sweet, timid little voices and lay our heads down on soft and silky pillows to dream of lollipops and licorice sticks.

So there, bad old men meanies.

• Like 3
  • Author
somedude81

There are six girls at my work that I would like to have sex with.

How many do you think I have tried to grope? How many do you think I have said something to that could be considered sexual harassment?

ThaWholigan
I'm fine with this perspective.

Less about failure and more about playing the victim, blaming women in general for their own inability to read social cues.

Agree, don't like when people play the victim :sick:. Don't underestimate how difficult it can be to learn to read social cues though, but shouldn't blame....

There are six girls at my work that I would like to have sex with.

How many do you think I have tried to grope? How many do you think I have said something to that could be considered sexual harassment?

Six girls? Why don't you go flirt with them :p

(devil's advocate - MUAHAHAHAHA)

fortyninethousand322
Actually, that's the opposite. Clingy guys are MORE likely to cheat. See, clingy guys are that way because they're insecure. They cling to a woman because they think she's all they can get and they need constant outside validation of their worthiness.

All it would take is ONE slightly sexy secretary to show the clingy taken guy some attention, especially if his wife is busy with, ya know, kids, her own life, and not constantly showering him with attention, and boom, affair, divorce, rinse and repeat.

Didn't you learn anything from my exes thread? Those were guys who were desperate and, frankly, deeply insecure... all it took was some relationship-confidence and a hotter girl, and they were instantly out the door.

Maybe I'm just unique then. Because I'd never cheat on a girl who actually gave me a shot. It would be like screwing over a friend who referred you for a job. Total bad karma.

Now, I'd certainly cheat on an imaginary girlfriend or wife. That's not a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Author
somedude81

Six girls? Why don't you go flirt with them :p

(devil's advocate - MUAHAHAHAHA)

Four have boyfriends. Three of which I found out without having to make a move.

One I know is single and she actually told me she's taking a break from dating. Another girl, may be single, but she's almost always cold to me whenever I see her but sometimes she lightens up. I think she's odd.

So far I've asked out two girls. The girl who wants to be single and the girl who told me she has a BF after I asked. All that's left is the cold girl, and I'm probably not going to bother with her.

• Author
somedude81
Maybe I'm just unique then. Because I'd never cheat on a girl who actually gave me a shot. It would be like screwing over a friend who referred you for a job. Total bad karma.

Now, I'd certainly cheat on an imaginary girlfriend or wife. That's not a bad idea.

Same. I can't imagine ever cheating on a girl.

ThaWholigan
Four have boyfriends. Three of which I found out without having to make a move.

One I know is single and she actually told me she's taking a break from dating. Another girl, may be single, but she's almost always cold to me whenever I see her but sometimes she lightens up. I think she's odd.

So far I've asked out two girls. The girl who wants to be single and the girl who told me she has a BF after I asked. All that's left is the cold girl, and I'm probably not going to bother with her.

So what? Didn't you learn anything from the "innocent flirting" thread? Just humor them. It'll be fun :D. Go ahead and flirt. You'll find yourself becoming more comfortable.

Same. I can't imagine ever cheating on a girl.

Make that 3. I'm too loyal to cheat. If anything, the opportunity presenting itself would make me want to go home and sex my partner into a heavenly bliss :love:.

Mme. Chaucer
I don't want to have sex with women.

I want to take them into a rainbow cotton candy fantasy land of wriggling puppies and puffball snowflake kitties, shower them with sparkly, shiny lovey lumps and chewy, gooey gumdrops, skip and dance with them through waterfalls of sugary sarsaparilla smilies and ride off on into the sunset on frowzy, fuzzy unicorn babies with large and limpid kindly wise eyes. Then we can have a good cry at the wonder of it all, sing kum ba ya in sweet, timid little voices and lay our heads down on soft and silky pillows to dream of lollipops and licorice sticks.

So there, bad old men meanies.

Wow! I'm really starting to like you!

• Author
somedude81
So what? Didn't you learn anything from the "innocent flirting" thread? Just humor them. It'll be fun :D. Go ahead and flirt. You'll find yourself becoming more comfortable.

Make that 3. I'm too loyal to cheat. If anything, the opportunity presenting itself would make me want to go home and sex my partner into a heavenly bliss :love:.

Yeah, I can definitely flirt with them.

Though I need to make sure and keep my feelings and hopes in check. Just flirt with no goal.

• Like 1
Nikki Sahagin

So the message is men want sex?

We all know that.

Guess what? So do women.

• Like 1