why pay for his coffee?

don't worry Firefly, i'll screw him to make you happy, even though when i'm fat and badly dressed like him, i know to not expect seduction - and you apparently do?

Wow, this was random. I haven't seen where anyone suggested you have sex with this guy, nor any suggestions that fat badly dressed people shouldn't expect seduction. (How did seduction get into this??)

• Like 1

lucky_one - its how british women are sadly... and it shows. they cant accept any advice unless you are "hot, fit, sexy".... nor do they like it when no one agrees with them.

then they wonder why they cant find someone decent, honest etc... etc... or even guy friends.

im not going to spend more of my valuable time on this topic. other more important and serious topics and people who actually value and appreciate advice are in the works :)

• Author
Wow, this was random. I haven't seen where anyone suggested you have sex with this guy, nor any suggestions that fat badly dressed people shouldn't expect seduction. (How did seduction get into this??)

Firefly thought i'd pay for a hot guy and all that...but not this guy, who is just a friend, who i'm posting about, i mean to say this is in the friendship section of LS

Edited by darkmoon

Just read the later posts by the OP. Ugh. I'm kinda speechless. :S I'm not saying what the guy did was a great thing to do, but really, you're turning a freaking thimble into a mountain here, OP. Saying all that about that guy just because he didn't pay for his own COFFEE??

• Like 2
  • Author
Just read the later posts by the OP. Ugh. I'm kinda speechless. :S I'm not saying what the guy did was a great thing to do, but really, you're turning a freaking thimble into a mountain here, OP. Saying all that about that guy just because he didn't pay for his own COFFEE??

no but Firefly put a sexual assessment of him; it's nothing i haven't told the man i'm discussing to his face how he dresses badly, we've discuss/ed a whole lot more of history, poltics, food and chess since then, i will pay this guy back, many ppl here said so, but don't think i want to pay for his company -

hoping Firefly will continue to uphold his tenet that ppl should be generous regardless and mail me some funds

actually if you re-read, I didnt but you did yourself. AND you cant even spell my username right but try to twist it in "that" way :rolleyes: ... again proves the point.

its obvious that alot of people now see the attitude and personality of the person. she doesnt like and now is trying to put a change to it. not good.

advice was given. she rejected, didnt like it because its not what she wanted. also doesnt know what friends is and that it shouldnt be about looks or appearance as that is completely shallow (another reason why so many single people when it comes to relationships).

in future, do as you please. but if you dont like the advice then please dont waste our times :)

Edited by firehawk_1
  • Author
actually if you re-read, I didnt but you did yourself. AND you cant even spell my username right :rolleyes: ... again proves the point

look, i know that i am supposed to ball this freind and ignore the freeloader side, so i will, but will you then live by your tenet of being generous regardless and and wire me some funds? i am sorry i got your name wring but had nothing but delightful images of glowing orange sort of butterflies with wings flapping but staying on one place, fireflies in my imagination were the case...$50 will do Firehawk

Nonsensical post.

i am not looking for a hot friend have never said so - some posters said pay and let it go which i will, so i am listening, which you are not to me - i've known him six months and seeing the first sign of freeloading, but don't worry Firefly, i'll screw him to make you happy, even though when i'm fat and badly dressed like him, i know to not expect seduction - and you apparently do?

We're not all like that! :)

lucky_one - its how british women are sadly... and it shows. they cant accept any advice unless you are "hot, fit, sexy".... nor do they like it when no one agrees with them.

then they wonder why they cant find someone decent, honest etc... etc... or even guy friends.

im not going to spend more of my valuable time on this topic. other more important and serious topics and people who actually value and appreciate advice are in the works :)

Having the last word on an internet forum will not change the opinions of others. I find that it's generally best to walk away from an argument once I've made my point. The people who get it, get it, those who disagree, disagree.

• Like 1
It's just coffee..not gonna break your bank account.

Whatever happened to just being nice and buying a friend a cup of coffee? doesn't matter if your friend is a woman or a man. It's a friend!

All you could have said was, next time we get together, you're buying! And say it with a smile. No big deal.

Exactly. Hey we women wanted equal rights so why not pay for a cup of coffee? I don't see this as a big deal.

you are as hard to actually like as him - am poor but you are not listening to that - he is a fat badly-dressed man who ponces off ppl even though he has money on him - i am not married to him and so have the freedom to say bye as i am to you too

Wow. If the guy was so mean and fat why did you go out for coffee with him?

threebyfate

Why must everything be about gender wars/equality? She went with a "friend" for coffee. The friend stuck her with the bill, then played a headgame by "loaning" her the money.

I too would have been pissed off, particularly since this "friend" obviously had more money.

That said, the cost of a coffee doesn't mean much to me but it does to darkmoon. Had it been me, I would have paid for the coffees and left, as soon as the headgames began.

• Like 1

I think people are being a bit harsh on the OP.

It might not be a big deal for a friend to buy another friend a coffee now and then, but it's ALSO not a big deal to just hand some cash over to your friend who asks you to please pay for your own coffee. I think this guy was being a bit rude, I mean she had to ask him THREE times to pay up. If he couldn't afford to do it he should have suggested somewhere cheaper to go, or asked her ahead of time if she would mind paying, instead of sitting there expecting her to.

At this point I would just pay him back his money and forget about it. No use in creating even more drama.

• Like 1
another male friend once expected me a female to pay, or hoped i would

I am curious about this statement. In the past when you have invited your friend for coffee (like you did this time), who paid? Does your friend consistently pay, and that is why he was making a point that you pay this time? Why does it even matter that a male friend has once expected you, a female friend, to pay?

• Author

in the UK, ppl pay for themselves, but in the US this seems contraversial, in the UK we treat each other when feeling like it, so there's been such a difference of opinion that i won't be back here, we see freeloaders tbh so much so that the guys both need a wake-up calls - poncing off women is just sad really

yeh, only when it suits the woman then they want to be nice but otherwise, just "take him down at all costs for no real reason because we are the best" :rolleyes:

just saying how it is! clearly its about the appereance and what the "friend" looks like (i mean the "guy" and was admitted earlier) - nothing else.

a guy always has to pay, be it in a date situation but always gets shafted/rejected/whatever. does the woman pay? nope. why? cos then we arent "men" or "gents". damned if you do, damned if you dont.

all because you dont like the way your "guy friend" looks like? and because you only knew him for 6 months and happened once? no one is perfect - you are far from it (but obviously you wont accept that)

• Author

i have already said that he has said the same about me, i do not care, we have alot of other conversations (chess, food, history, politics) and once again i must tell you that this is in the friendship section for a reason - it's not about dating or sex - note that i also have kept man paid all bills as mentioned elsewhere on this post too = three factors that i have told about which you ignore and pick on me instead, right up til now

Edited by darkmoon
Eddie Edirol
i have already said that he has said the same about me, i do not care, we have alot of other conversations (chess, food, history, politics) and once again i must tell you that this is in the friendship section for a reason - it's not about dating or sex - note that i also have kept man paid all bills as mentioned elsewhere on this post too = three factors that i have told about which you ignore and pick on me instead, right up til now

Thats all well and good, but did he pay for your coffee for the past 1 year? Did you ponce off of him?

• Author

no i have not, i only came back to be polite Eddie; there's ppl on LS who are in worse shape than me, i will be honest with my friend and tell him not to ponce, there are even posters who are on this thread but who dislike me, so i want to go perhaps the poster take the hint and go, for i do not want to spend more of the evening being picked on and disliked, cheers and by bye Eddie

Edited by darkmoon