Younger man

cindymiller

So here's the story. I met a younger man (15 years younger) he is 30 to my 45. We are coworkers in a school, me being in the school administration and he is teacher. He began shortly after the school year began to come around my desk and hang around and talk to me and what I thought was flirting. I ignored this and was polite and helpful to him but in time I came to enjoy his visits. We began sitting together talking long conversations about his life and his problems and I helped him in many ways such as getting him on track. Then we started having lunches together and we thoroughly enjoy each others company. Others have begun to notice and actually one good friend commented that because of the way my young friend stares into my eyes and is so attentive that he is loving/caring for me. I told him after about 7 months that I was "into" him too and he abruptly rejected me as being older than him and at a different stage in my life. Since that time I tried to remove/distance myself not knowing what to think and he still pursues a relationship but what kind of relationship is this? I still want more sometimes and find it hard to be just a friend. Is there something I am missing here? Sorry for the scattered rambling thoughts, I am usually much more articulate. I have a very deep sense of caring and emotional attachment to this young man. Help!!

:D:D:love:

january2011

I suspect he was just being friendly so that he could get the inside track on what's going on at the school.

You've already told him that you were into him and he rebuffed you - you need to respect this and also respect your professional obligations to the school. Let this school girl crush die a natural death.

• Author
cindymiller

I don't think that's the case at all. I'm an office manager not a principal or assistant principal. We have drinks and meals together outside of school, we have taken car rides and shared many personal problems. We are in tune and notice when and where the other is all the time. I am a young 45 he is a mature 30. My issue is I'm wondering if he will want more as I sometimes do and if not why do we spend so much time together?