Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Jane2011

a coworker of mine with little experience with women finally got the nerve to ask one out. she angrily lectured him on how rude it was to ask out a woman with a boyfriend. he didn't know she had one and he blubbered that but she didn't believe him. he's a very honest guy that i've worked with for years. she called him some dirty words and he ran away, like a scared child to be honest. i feel for the guy.

Poor guy is probably going to be scarred for quite some time after that. I've yet to encounter a woman that hits, aside from my sisters. But they all seem to have a talent for throwing things once in awhile.

• Author

I used to work with this guy whose girlfriend punched him in the face one day because she had suspicions he was cheating (I don't know if he was or wasn't.). I was answering the phones that day because my shift ran an hour later than the receptionist's, and it was routine for me to take over for that hour. Someone came up to me and said, "If Steve's girlfriend calls for the entry code, don't let her in! She just him!" Then I found out she'd punched him in the face in the lobby area of our building.

They were back together later.

prune juice
Poor guy is probably going to be scarred for quite some time after that. I've yet to encounter a woman that hits, aside from my sisters. But they all seem to have a talent for throwing things once in awhile.

he is and what he doesn't get is that being so scared makes it even less likely he will do well next time. he's a decent guy and i'd like to see him find someone, but there's all kinds of dating and mating rituals and part of it is reading her nonverbal cues. he just dosn't have it.

he is and what he doesn't get is that being so scared makes it even less likely he will do well next time. he's a decent guy and i'd like to see him find someone, but there's all kinds of dating and mating rituals and part of it is reading her nonverbal cues. he just dosn't have it.

Yep, that's how it goes all too often. He really needs to realize few people get what they want without going after it. Remind him not to take it personally.

Scorned is an interest term, not sure I have witnessed that firsthand. I can say watching her sleep, she looks so harmless. Hahaha, but I know better:laugh:

Women are capable of some pretty diabolical things. Especially when it comes to "revenge." Unlike what Tara posted, females are very capable of revenge.

Just 2 nights ago I was cruising reddit, and I saw a post of a facebook screen shot that had a picture of a woman trashed her bf's apartment. Completely destroyed it. What was the reason? They had a fair breakup.

Wtf?

A lot of this stuff is not unheard of. Slashing tires, key-ing a car, abusing an animal, and even later claiming rape!. A lot of the time people "justify" their actions by saying, "well he's an *******! He treated me poorly! He wasn't a good bf!" Or some crap like that. It's quite nasty.

In my personal life, the worst a women have done was spread rumors and lies about me after the fact. Even years after the fact. It was pretty disgusting to say the least, but it was nice that no one believed anything. So it's whatever.

I think it is a duty that all men (and women) have to report this kind of stuff to the authorities. If she messes with your belongings, report it. Don't just "deal with it." Especially if someone gets hit in the process! Physical abuse isn't cool, regardless of gender.

If a woman hits me, I will surely notify someone. It's not being "less of a man," it's serving justice.

When it comes to equality, I am 100% into it. We all deserve to be equals. Regardless of gender, race, sexuality, etc. Both parties deserve equal justice, regardless of circumstances. "Well, he's a man, he needs to learn how to 'take it'" is absolute bull****. If you hit me, I either have the right to hit you back, or have you taken to jail.

Sorry for the long post, this kind of crap just really irritates me.

• Like 2

I would never hit a woman but if she ever hit me it would be over. I put up with too much of that once from being punched to having knives pulled on me and it will never happen again.

A can of clams would pour quite nicely, plus they're juicy. :)

I don't think clams OR shrimp should have had to die so that someone can feel better about their breakup. I know it sounds silly, but think about it. These were living things once. Why heap disrespect on their little lives that way?

Where does the violence end?? Someone has to be the grown-up.

Besides, there are hungry people who could use that food.

How about THINKING about shoving something edible in an inconspicuous place of someone who did you wrong... Saying a little 'prayer' for the forgiveness you hope to manage (because hatred only begets hatred)... then giving that blessing to a worthwhile charity.

The best revenge is a life well-lived.

• Like 4

Things got extremely pc in here and it's gotten boring so I'll confess. My ex was lying to me about something, I knew somewhere in me that he was cheating and I got angry about the constant lies/gas lighting/mind f*** and I smacked the crap out of him. He didn't hold it against me though. He proposed to me a year after I broke up when I found out I was right. He still thinks we're meant to be together. :rolleyes:

Ex husband cheated on me and I hit him too. Apparently cheating on me will get you an instant slap in the face.

Also interestingly is that both of these cheaters ended up stalking me. One with a screw driver to slash my new bf's tires. THe other drove by up to a year after breakup.

• Like 1
I don't think clams OR shrimp should have had to die so that someone can feel better about their breakup. I know it sounds silly, but think about it. These were living things once. Why heap disrespect on their little lives that way?

How about THINKING about shoving something edible in an inconspicuous place of someone who did you wrong... Saying a little 'prayer' for the forgiveness you hope to manage (because hatred only begets hatred)... then giving that blessing to a worthwhile charity.

Your post has been reported for being too thoughtful and mature. Please read the TOS to know what is acceptable.

• Like 3

I posted the truth about what happened between my ex and the other woman on my facebook page, apparently where their romance blossomed. About how her husband had died a month and half before she crawled into bed with my man, and about how he was still my boyfriend even though he'd put a ring on her finger complete with dates, times, the whole nine yards. Of course he'd told her that we'd broken up long before they met. Then how come I had pictures of him and of us up until he put the ring on her finger?

Sat back with a bowl of popcorn and waited for the crazy. If neither of them read my page, they would know nothing...and why would they read it, after all, I wasn't relevant...

• Like 1
Your post has been reported for being too thoughtful and mature. Please read the TOS to know what is acceptable.

Thank you. I can now go back to being the opinionated bi*ch/prude/man-hater/know-it-all/tease you know and love :)

I know it sounds PC, but I've never thrown anything at anyone in anger. I've never hit anyone. My ex-H got violent at the end of our marriage, and we split immedately afterward. He had major anger issues that I wasn't equipped to discern or see the path down when I was younger. I know what it looks like now, and don't tolerate it in any way, shape, or form. This is the biggest reason I don't tolerate Googling of me on a first date. Every man who has done it has had anger/trust issues.

I've been cheated on too. They confessed. I've never had to dig for any of it. We can't control what other people do. We can choose how to react to it.

FTR, I tend to avoid men who claim to have a history dating 'crazy' women. I've dated a couple of men who I was tempted to go 'crazy' on, but just left and broke all contact. Those men could be deemed to be 'crazy-making', and I just don't put up with that, nor do I sink to their level.

Edited by RedRobin
  • Like 1

Perhaps one of the worst forms of "fury" a woman can place upon a man she was once attracted too, is no longer feeling attraction towards him and/or wanting him.

• Like 1
Perhaps one of the worst forms of "fury" a woman can place upon a man she was once attracted too, is no longer feeling attraction towards him and/or wanting him.

Absolutely.

"Love me or hate me. Just don't ignore me."

The absence of 'love' is not hate. It is irrelevence.

• Like 3
  • Author

True. I never want to give a guy the satisfaction of my anger, so I don't. In various situations in the past, I totally went indifferent on them (even if it's something of an act for a while). I implement(ed) the whole "fake it til you make it" thing. Then I eventually become truly indifferent and it all works out.

My first boyfriend ever was a guy I worked with, so even after he got together with another girl after me (he didn't dump me for her; he wanted us both at the same time, and I just bowed out), I had to see him at work a few times a week. I was friendly to him, and I was even nice to her (who also worked with us; I know, f---ed up). I was nice as hell to both of them, and one day he was like "Why don't you care?" (he really wanted to know).

I remember telling him, "Well, I did care. But I'm not going to get all upset about things. I don't have the energy for that."

I'm a big advocate of the whole "fake it 'til you make it" thing. I've implemented it in various contexts (not even just dating), and it works. You can create -- and you do have some degree of control over -- what you think and feel.

Edited by Jane2011
  • Like 1

No it doesn't sound silly, sick is more like it. Sadly, I know someone who's done something similar, and she is wearing revenge like a ball and chain.

Umm, I've never thought about sticking anything up anyone's privates, at least not to those who've done me wrong ;) life is way too short to spend a minute being bitter.

Saying a little prayer is probably not a bad idea though, I was really bad last night:lmao:

I have always supported my local food bank!

"Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned."

Translates into "Women lose all sense of propriety and balance when they get pissed off." I can't count how many times a female friend, friend's GF or my GF ran out and f-cked some random or mostly random dude because her BF said or did something mildly "inthenthitive."

Guys, the way to figure out if you are dealing with one of these irrational nutjobs beforehand is to ask "perpsective" questions, for example "What do you think should be the legal penalty for beating a child?" or "What do you think should be the legal penalty for rape?" or "What do you think should be the legal penalty for a man who doesn't pay child support." If they answer "death penalty" or "life in prison" get out, she will be f-cking all your friends when you forget to call her and say goodnight one night.

If OTOH she says something along the lines of "the current penalties set by lawmakers are fine IMO" keep her happy, she's a rare keeper and has a decent sense of perspective and propriety. Good bet for a LTR.

True. I never want to give a guy the satisfaction of my anger, so I don't. In various situations in the past, I totally went indifferent on them (even if it's something of an act for a while). I implement(ed) the whole "fake it til you make it" thing. Then I eventually become truly indifferent and it all works out.

My first boyfriend ever was a guy I worked with, so even after he got together with another girl after me (he didn't dump me for her; he wanted us both at the same time, and I just bowed out), I had to see him at work a few times a week. I was friendly to him, and I was even nice to her (who also worked with us; I know, f---ed up). I was nice as hell to both of them, and one day he was like "Why don't you care?" (he really wanted to know).

I remember telling him, "Well, I did care. But I'm not going to get all upset about things. I don't have the energy for that."

I'm a big advocate of the whole "fake it 'til you make it" thing. I've implemented it in various contexts (not even just dating), and it works. You can create -- and you do have some degree of control over -- what you think and feel.

True. I guess if the "fake it" part involves putting the emotional investment into ourselves first, then it's good. But, if it's in spite of another person (who wronged us), then that means we are doing it for them, versus ourselves.

:laugh:

I used to be that thoughtful and mature. The worst I've done is rip someone to shreds, verbally, when I used to be so polite - I'd actually had people point out how I fought without hitting below the belt. I was always fair.

I'm more like Scrappy-Doo now. It takes a lot for me to hold back. Although, the person I ripped into - and received the response, "I feel bad about myself, are you happy now??" Not happy, but that was the point.

Translates into "Women lose all sense of propriety and balance when they get pissed off." I can't count how many times a female friend, friend's GF or my GF ran out and f-cked some random or mostly random dude because her BF said or did something mildly "inthenthitive."

Guys, the way to figure out if you are dealing with one of these irrational nutjobs beforehand is to ask "perpsective" questions, for example "What do you think should be the legal penalty for beating a child?" or "What do you think should be the legal penalty for rape?" or "What do you think should be the legal penalty for a man who doesn't pay child support." If they answer "death penalty" or "life in prison" get out, she will be f-cking all your friends when you forget to call her and say goodnight one night.

If OTOH she says something along the lines of "the current penalties set by lawmakers are fine IMO" keep her happy, she's a rare keeper and has a decent sense of perspective and propriety. Good bet for a LTR.

Eh, I've known men who would go off the rails. My dad once put his fist through a wall, out of frustration. The guy I mentioned above, threatened suicide if I wouldn't support him in something, and threatened to kill people when he was depressed, angry, and feeling sorry for himself. :rolleyes: He seemed so together when I first knew him.

• Like 1
If they answer "death penalty" or "life in prison" get out, she will be f-cking all your friends when you forget to call her and say goodnight one night.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I frequently disagree with you but this is a pretty good one, actually. I wish there was a similar barometer for men.

No it doesn't sound silly, sick is more like it. Sadly, I know someone who's done something similar, and she is wearing revenge like a ball and chain.

Umm, I've never thought about sticking anything up anyone's privates, at least not to those who've done me wrong ;) life is way too short to spend a minute being bitter.

Saying a little prayer is probably not a bad idea though, I was really bad last night:lmao:

I have always supported my local food bank!

That's pretty funny.

There are lots of things I enjoy wearing. Revenge isn't one of them. I have been guilty of turning anger inwards though. So I'm not exactly above it all...

oh... and I support my local 'food bank' too. Not to mention, some of that stuff is really good for your skin. Better than a mud mask any day. Full of vitamins and protein.

:laugh:

I used to be that thoughtful and mature. The worst I've done is rip someone to shreds, verbally, when I used to be so polite - I'd actually had people point out how I fought without hitting below the belt. I was always fair.

I'm more like Scrappy-Doo now. It takes a lot for me to hold back. Although, the person I ripped into - and received the response, "I feel bad about myself, are you happy now??" Not happy, but that was the point.

I love that. Scrappy-Doo! Funny little guy. :)

oh... and I support my local 'food bank' too. Not to mention, some of that stuff is really good for your skin. Better than a mud mask any day. Full of vitamins and protein.

Yep, you really are quite the perv! A keeper for sure :laugh: