How often can a smaller/weaker opponent beat the bigger one in a fight

I guess I must really suck at fighting if I couldn't even connect a good punch at him.

The reason bigger guys normally win in fights is because unless one or other of you has a serious amount of training, what happens is that after one or two wild punches or kicks you're in grappling range, end up on the floor, and the bigger heavier guy can't lose. Watch some UFC where there's a big guy against a small one - it's over as soon as they grapple, no matter how good the small guy. If you're standing back and throwing punches you don't really have so much of an advantage, and if the other guy wants it more, he's going to beat you.

I'm a thin dude, but I can conjure power like a son-of-a-gun. I get on a nine-foot pool table and I can shatter those balls on the break like I'm 300 full of muscle. It sounds like a shotgun when I make contact and everyone in a 14k square foot hall turns to see what big sucker is in the house. I'm certainly afraid of no man. I'll bare fistfight a texas tornado I get mad enough.

The reason bigger guys normally win in fights is because unless one or other of you has a serious amount of training, what happens is that after one or two wild punches or kicks you're in grappling range, end up on the floor, and the bigger heavier guy can't lose. Watch some UFC where there's a big guy against a small one - it's over as soon as they grapple, no matter how good the small guy. If you're standing back and throwing punches you don't really have so much of an advantage, and if the other guy wants it more, he's going to beat you.

Right. You get him thrown and balled up in a corner with pressing both your weight into the ground, and you have both this forearms, you then have a major advantage with your size and weight.

Watch some UFC where there's a big guy against a small one - it's over as soon as they grapple, no matter how good the small guy.

Then you've never watched any of the original UFC matches back in the 90s nor have you seen any of the Gracie's matches.

The weight classes now are all within a matter of pounds of each other now. That didn't always used to be the case when the UFC was in it's infancy. There could be a pretty significant weight difference back them and there were some smaller dudes that were totally kicking ass while on their backs on the ground.

Right he didn't. This was our last conversation before he took off his shirt. It was something like this:

Him: MF I ain't playing, can fight you if I wanted to but it's not worth it

Me: You fighting me? (laughing loudly) Fag I could pound you easily you ain't nothing. You'll end up running from me and go home cry to mom

Me (seeing him walking away): Yeah walk away because you're scared and know I can take you easily

Me (to my friends): See he's scared

Me (to him): What if I screwed your mother and she likes it. What then? I heard she's a cheating whore (it's a lie). Sloot's gonna be a sloot.

Then he headed back, took off his shirt, challenged me, I took of mine too and the rest is history. Didn't even have time to react.

That's the same thing my best friends have been telling me. They didn't really took my side at all.

If I on his shoes, maybe I would have reacted similar. Though can't tell because I've never been there ever. No one ever joked with me.

Anyways do you know what can I say if anyone at school ask about it or says say is it true you got beaten by Jeff?

You totally had it coming. He was walking away and you kept taunting him. If you had just let him walk with dignity this would have never happened.

You were a bully and you got what was coming to you and yeah, I imagine most people are going to side with him and look up to him and for good reason. Everyone admires someone that stands up to a bully and puts him in his place.

If you want some honor and respect after this you are gonna have to eat some humble pie and apologize for being a dick and admit that you egged him on and that you got what you had coming.

And some of the other posters are right, you were able to walk away from this schoolyard scuffle with a bruised face and a bruised ego. Pull this crap in the real adult world and you could have been knifed or shot and since you were bigger and acting in an aggressive and threatening manner it could have been called self-defense or justified homocide.

I thought I was a tough guy too when I was a kid and my dad and my uncles always said it doesn't matter how bad and mean you are, there is always someone out there badder and meaner. Now that I am an adult that has worked as a paramedic for over 25 years I can testify that they were 100% right and there are a lot of people that didn't walk away after they ran into the meaner one.

• Like 1
  • Author

I don't blame him. It was deserved but it's all good now.

If you want some honor and respect after this you are gonna have to eat some humble pie and apologize for being a dick and admit that you egged him on and that you got what you had coming.
I already did that as well as thanked him for the well get soon card. This has been sorted out, we're friends now.