• Author
A little late to this thread as I don't stop by the ol' LS as often as I used to, but yay! I applaud you in you taking this step in your life/career.

I did something similar four years ago and quit my job. I've been managing to work for myself since. It's not always easy, but totally satisfying and I'm much happier. You're brave. Not many people can go through with this decision, and I know you're going to do great! :)

Thanks Panda, it feels 10 times better to be uncertain than it did waking up with the cold sweats having to do a job where verbal abuse was commonplace.

Something will come up, I'm confident.

Keeping your 1/2 sheet flyers or bus cards on you and passing them out esp. when someone expresses interest. And wearing a t-shirt or sign advertising your service, while you're walking your own dogs.

I've been doing that. I picked up 2 leads today, so hopefully that gets the ball rolling!

UpwardForward

Could be difficult to find companies who have dogs on premises for night security. But perhaps you could contact companies who rent out these dogs.

Also dog shelters, if they are willing to pay - rather than looking for volunteers.