He asked me to spend the night after two weeks of dating

happiness0421

I'm confused by this post. Is it unusual that you stay the night with someone you sleep with? It isn't for me, in fact I have never been in a situation where a guy expected me to leave afterwards.

why does he have to contact you every day? Why don't call him or text him if that's so important?

Sorry I'm not getting the reasons why you posted.

This. I don't get why your OP made such a big deal about this guy asking you to spend the night after you had sex. Does he get bonus points for that in your book? :confused: If so, you might wanna reevaluate the kinds of men you date...

How do you resist having sex if you sleep over and are so close? I think it's a good idea to wait, but temptation can be so strong and the best thing to avoid giving in is to stay away from it.

I've never had a problem with it. Then again, I had several long-term relationships before I even lost my virginity, so I got used to spending the night with my boyfriend without having sex. We do other stuff, but it takes me awhile to feel ready for sex with a new guy, so there isn't much temptation early on anyway. I have sex when I'm ready. Before that, there's no risk of giving in, no matter how close we are.

Hi there - Yes, we both knew where it was headed before we even went upstairs/he asked me to stay over. I guess I just find it odd that he hasn't contacted me since yesterday. Maybe he's just not that interested...yawn.

errr, yeah, i'm pretty sure you knew what was going to happen when you went upstairs. :)

I meant, did you discuss where it was headed between the two of you.

Was it fun, not serious, exclusive, dating? ect.

If you don't tell a guy it isn't a one night stand or you don't want to be a FWB or "just have fun" he's going to take it to mean it is "just fun" and he's not obligated to you in any way after.

I personally discuss that before hand myself & if she want's more than just sex & I don't, I won't.

• Author
happiness0421

I hear all of you. I realized that, with my past relationships, any guy that has wanted me to stay over has pushed exclusivity pretty quickly (even when I wasn't ready for it). This guy did not. Funny thing is, I realize now that I was not ready to commit to exclusivity, so why would I expect the same from him? I guess I was just basing it off of what I'd experienced in the past, which was kind of dumb.

Update: We talked briefly over texts yesterday evening (initiated by me) - he was very friendly but made no mention of seeing me again. Which pretty much says that he just isn't that into me!! And that's fine, because I wasn't 100% into him either! :eek: Gaaah how silly.