Why do older guys go for the much younger girl?

blindesided

Disenchantedly Yours
Possibly.

It is also possible that they put their wife in the same category of attractiveness as the young, pretty women who turn their heads.

Still, it is just inconsiderate to check out other women when with your wife.

One more possibility--sometimes women think men are checking them out, or other women out, and we're wrong. That happened to me a few weeks ago--I had a flash of jealousy when I saw my H's head turn as a pretty young woman step out of a big truck. But then I noticed that his head remained turned after we passed. He was checking out the damn truck :lmao:

Why would you have gotten jealous based on what you've said here about men and women, especially younger women?

But seriously, who cares if a man puts his own wife in the same category as some young hot woman. Isn't that rather insulting still? Making the automatic assumption that younger women are infact better by saying they are in the same category as "wives". And I am not so sure it's so flattering that a wife of plus amount of years, who worked in her relationship with her man is in the same catagory as some who is pretty and young that happens to pass by him. I don't think that's flattering at all. I fail to see the positive in that.

Edited by Disenchantedly Yours
Why would you have gotten jealous based on what you've said here about men and women, especially younger women?

I get jealous sometimes. He does, too! But we talk about it, and gaining a better understanding about how each other thinks and feels helps a lot.

But seriously, who cares if a man puts his own wife in the same category as some young hot woman. Isn't that rather insulting still? Making the automatic assumption that younger women are infact better by saying they are in the same category as "wives". And I am not so sure it's so flattering that a wife of plus amount of years, who worked in her relationship with her man is in the same catagory as some who is pretty and young that happens to pass by him. I don't think that's flattering at all. I fail to see the positive in that.

I can't answer to this with regards to "better".

I meant that he might be shocked if he learned that she believed those women were more attractive than her, because he sees her as just as or more attractive than them. My H is often shocked at what women I get jealous of, and can't see why.

FTR, if I were out with a guy and he made a habit of checking out other women around me, I wouldn't get jealous... I'd just assume he is at the same level of 'rudeness' as people who pick up the cell phone during a date (as an example).

Same goes for a guy who goes on and on about younger women. I broke off a budding relationship with a same age guy because he would NOT shut up about his neighbor's much younger girlfriend and the ladies in his sports league. I never said anything about it. I just observed.

Could I change the fact that he seemed obsessed with younger women? No.

Could I change the fact that he was spending MY time-dime talking about them? Yep. I voted with my feet.

funny, when he asked why I wanted to stop seeing him (there was more than one reason)... he said I was 'insecure'... and went on about how it was a shame since I had so much going for me... blah blah

I then informed him that it was a shame that he chose to spend our time together talking about other women instead of getting to know me. Anyway, I learned at about the same time, this guy had cheated on his former wife many times.

sooooprise! sooooprise!:sick::sick:

• Like 2
Mme. Chaucer
Disenchantedly Yours;3916198

If you have an issue with me, deal with it in private.

I am addressing your public posts here.

But don't act like you publically shunning posters with your razor sharp "fingers" is because you care about where the topic goes.

I am not "publicly shunning," whatever that means. I am not defending the "topic," either. I am commenting your domination of many threads, your trashing of the entire male gender because of your sad bias, your evident inability to consider any other side to an issue than your own, and accusing people who disagree with you or challenge you of "targeting" or "attacking."

I'm offended by how often you put down others posters then claim you aren't or act like you have the right to do so.

Wait. Calling you out on man-bashing and over-the-top negative generalizations is putting you down? But what about the man-bashing? That's fine?

It's funny how often you target specific posters for behavior you engage in.

Like what, for example?

What really gets my goat is prejudice, sexism, racism, and blind allegiance to negative stereotypes. When I see it here, sooner or later I will speak up. Just like you do with all of your opinions.

Bitch.

Really Phineas? Wow. That's your response to a thread where I make it clear that I don't think you hate women but I do think you got some issues. This response goes to prove me right.

I noticed you conviently ignored the post right after this one where I explained I was testing the naughty word filter.

Once again you are cherry picking my posts when responding.

Also I see you failed to respond to my comment where I told you to stop hiding behind your gender.

I am talking to you personally. Not all women.

And quite frankly you don'r represent all women either.

So stop putting word in my mouth.

You called me bitter first Phineas. Then I responded and said that I thought you were bitter too. Please tell me why it's okay for you to say such things but get bent out shape about thigns being returned to you?

See how what works? See how hypocrticalness works? yeah, I see how you are hypocritical. You've resorted to far worse name calling then I have when I referred to you as bitter. And that was only after you said I was. Save it. You could have talked just fine with me if you put the effort in to do so. Take responsiblity for your side in this.

You do bash women. You aren't simply not attracted to over weight women, which is fine. You make disparging comments about them. You talk about older women vs younger ones and pit them up againt each other. Making cute little "poke the monkey in the ribs" comments about young vs older women.

What other women on this forum am I bashing?

Hmmmm?

I'm bashing you and any other woman who puts words in my mouth or tries to tell me how to date.

Which you are doing in this thread.

Stop hiding behind your gender like a coward claiming i'm bashing women.

You brought this upon yourself with your bitter posts towards men who prefer someone younger to yourself.

Ever stop to think it isn't your age but your whole attitude that is leaving you single?