Why Only the Breadwinner Gets Punished in a Divorce?

If the breadwinner is expected to keep providing for his parasite after a divorce, why isnt the parasite also expected to keep cleaning, cooking and providing sex for him? Thats only fair.

Because 9 times out of 10, the marriage ended because the breadwinner did something stupid. The "parasite" just couldn't take the abuse anymore.

Unless you're referring to child support, not alimony, in which case it's because the breadwinner needs to pony up and pay for his own spawn.

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers

I would hate to have to continue to provide for my "parasite" after a divorce BUT I would gladly and diligently provide for my sweet little child.

It would be nice if he would contribute more into the marital capital though, I am glad to see that he has begun to pay for some of the MAJOR expenses I have incurred by remaining married to him.

Btw parasite is your term. I prefer to think if my life partner a little better.

Perhaps the terminology you use you reflects the underlying attitude you have regarding breadwinners and their spouses, this would also explain why "parasites" leave.

Maybe if you don't set up your own marriage as "breadwinner" vs "parasite" you won't have this problem when you divorce. And you will divorce, with that "parasite" perspective on marriage.

• Like 6
  • Author
Because 9 times out of 10, the marriage ended because the breadwinner did something stupid. The "parasite" just couldn't take the abuse anymore.

Do you have any statistical data on your claim?

• Like 5

Unless you're referring to child support, not alimony, in which case it's because the breadwinner needs to pony up and pay for his own spawn.

We had no children together, we divorced because our marriage was totally sexless at his request & he was picking women up off Craig's List. The only thing "stupid" I did was to trust my husband and not insist on a prenup.

• Like 1
bentnotbroken
If the breadwinner is expected to keep providing for his parasite after a divorce, why isnt the parasite also expected to keep cleaning, cooking and providing sex for him? Thats only fair.

Oh let me answer plllleeeeaaaasssse. I (the parasite) was exposed to STD's by him (the breadwinner), he (the breadwinner)brought a woman into our home and bed. I (the parasite) asked more than once if something was going on. He(the breadwinner) told me I was crazy and that I should just drink myself to sleep. Which I (the parasite)did and he (the breadwinner)went out to do the do with the OW. I (the parasite) earned half of what he had acquired since I (the parasite) supported him (the breadwinner)while he was getting his degree. Then at his (the breadwinner) request I (the parasite) stopped working to be a stay at home.

Currently, he(the breadwinner) is coping with the hand he dealt me (the parasite). And the law says that I (the parasite) do not owe him sex, cleaning , cooking or even the spit that might aid him if his azz was on fire and the nearest hydrant was a mile away. I hope I was able to answer your question. :cool:

• Like 11
dreamingoftigers
Do you have any statistical data on your claim?

Do you have any proof of a marriage of this nature being a parasitic/host relationship instead of a fractured symbiotic one?

Is it possible that the breadwinner could be parasitic and uses economic control to remain such?

Men, for instance, for centuries wielded a great deal of economic power over their wives (granted it was a societal norm). This made them very vulnerable to any and almost all abuses that a husband could offer up with very little recourse.

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers
Oh let me answer plllleeeeaaaasssse. I (the parasite) was exposed to STD's by him (the breadwinner), he (the breadwinner)brought a woman into our home and bed. I (the parasite) asked more than once if something was going on. He(the breadwinner) told me I was crazy and that I should just drink myself to sleep. Which I (the parasite)did and he (the breadwinner)went out to do the do with the OW. I (the parasite) earned half of what he had acquired since I (the parasite) supported him (the breadwinner)while he was getting his degree. Then at his (the breadwinner) request I (the parasite) stopped working to be a stay at home.

Currently, he(the breadwinner) is coping with the hand he dealt me (the parasite). And the law says that I (the parasite) do not owe him sex, cleaning , cooking or even the spit that might aid him if his azz was on fire and the nearest hydrant was a mile away. I hope I was able to answer your question. :cool:

High five Parasite, high five! ;)

• Like 2

For him? Believe me, the breadwinner is not always a him.

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers

Do you think that you could please find a way to get my "parasite" to regularly cook, clean and provide sex for me now as opposed to after such a divorce were to take place?

That'd be nice. It's hardly only women that earn less and can take advantage.

In his defense though, he has been cleaning more often.

• Like 2
Do you think that you could please find a way to get my "parasite" to regularly cook, clean and provide sex for me now as opposed to after such a divorce were to take place?

I was thinking the same thing. Except my "parasite" does sometimes cook and clean. I'd rather have sex.

• Like 2
dreamingoftigers
Everyone gets punished in a divorce. Nobody wins. I fervently hope the OP never has to go through it.

True true true.

Everyone gets punished in a divorce. Nobody wins. I fervently hope the OP never has to go through it.

Really? really? my ex wasn't "punished" in the slighest!

• Like 1
Duckduckgoose
We had no children together, we divorced because our marriage was totally sexless at his request & he was picking women up off Craig's List. The only thing "stupid" I did was to trust my husband and not insist on a prenup.

I was the breadwinner of my marriage. We also had a prenup.

Unfortunately when my exH did leave and took things, well most of the stuff it was just cheaper to buy then to take him to court to try and get the stuff back prenup or not. Oddly, I still find things that are missing. Just the other day I realized he had taken the mop :(

That shows just how much I use the mop... he took the shovel too but that's just weird... and all the spoons :confused:

He didn't parasite off of me though, we both worked hard I just made more money. We both contributed pretty equally to the bills and cleaning.

• Like 3
Really? really? my ex wasn't "punished" in the slighest!
I trust his perspective would be markedly different, at least based on the posts of yours I've read. Whether it passes the smell test is another matter entirely. I've had similar moments, trust me, but reality won out. Divorce is tough on everyone, even those we think are uncaring, pragmatic Hoovers. That's *our* perspective.
  • Like 3
Mme. Chaucer

Your hope will probably be fulfilled. I doubt the OP will ever get near a live woman in his lifetime.

• Like 6
whichwayisup
Why are you so angry?

He's angry (I'm assuming) because his wife (parasite) cheated on him and now he has to pay her. Child support is fine, but why should a betrayed spouse have to pay spousal support to the one who cheated once they are divorced?

Edited by whichwayisup
  • Like 1

Because the system is rigged against men.

It's unfair but it's life.

Men just need to resort to more covert tactics in order to save their money....and maybe what little sanity and self-confidence they have when faced with a nasty greedy wife.

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer

It's unfair but it's life.

Men just need to resort to more covert tactics in order to save their money....and maybe what little sanity and self-confidence they have when faced with a nasty greedy wife.

I suggest you remain single forever, and thus try to save your money, sanity and self confidence.

• Like 3

Not always..my sister is paying spousal support to her parasite..7yrs of marriage and no children. Yes, he is a parasite.

• Like 2
I suggest you remain single forever, and thus try to save your money, sanity and self confidence.

No I won't do that. I don't want to be single forever.

And no I'm won't share all of my money either. I don't have to give everything away.

I guess you must have MISSED the TWO or more posts in this thread alone where women had to pay their MALE parasites upon divorce? Yeah, guess you glossed right over that.

I think if you bothered to read my previous posts, you'd see that I said those women were unfortunately rare cases in court.

I never glossed over it. YOU did.

You bitter men here on LS are so freakin' predictable.
I knew you'd of course, call other men bitter because they choose to watch their backs.

Now THAT'S predictable.

And I'd rather be "bitter" than live in complete ignorance.

Just because your asses got burned, you think every single man in the world has had the same exact thing happen to them.
Show me exactly where I said that. Otherwise, stop making bogus claims about people you don't even know.

If you did just a little more research and a little less wallowing in self pity and bitterness, you might learn that more WOMEN have been graduating from college than men.
I don't need to research anything as I already have. I suggest you do your research about how many married men are screwed over yearly.

And just because there has been a small increase in female graduations doesn't mean anything. The majority of those women will still want to spend another man's money until he has no more, then he's called a loser when he doesn't have any left.

That more than likely means more women will be (or are) holding high-paying jobs because of it - and will probably end up earning more than their male spouses.
Nope. Only a few of them will actually do that. The majority of women who graduate usually work to put themselves out there in the dating market, in hopes of an alpha male recruiting them into his life.

Damn, the bitterness around here gets so old.
The ignorance here sure does get very old.