i'm addicted to chapstick

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm addicted to chapstick and have it everyone within arms reach!

You know, it has been proven that there isn't anything in chapstick that can make you become addicted to it. You probably just like having soft lips. Hell, I do.

I much prefer Blistex Herbal Answer. Chap Stick is too waxy. Yes, it's always within arm's reach!

It's probably not an "addiction and recovery" post though. Maybe a water cooler one?

dudesomewhere

hmm

let's see, they say menthol is addictive...some chaps have menthol in them or some form of oil like that...eucalyptus. They say that's why they no longer make those vicks nasal inhalers that look like mini dildos for the nostrils.

Not sure if you're addicted though. My daily routine whenever I go to work, keys in left pocket, eyedrops and chapstick in right pocket, wallet in back right and pack of trident white gum in back left :p

brand edit: roto V for the drops and carmex for the lip applique <--lol

The menthol just makes your lips tingly. I like the sensation. My favortie is Softlips. MMMM

You know, it has been proven that there isn't anything in chapstick that can make you become addicted to it.

let's see, they say menthol is addictive...

No more "They say..." when dealing with addictions, You either have medical evidence or you don't--and if you do, link to it.

Besides, not all addictions are of chemical dependence--how many people bite their nails? That's just protein and bacteria.

dudesomewhere

hey, they say she say we say we all say...lol

why do you think I use carmex...I just like to repeat what's said. Any truth to those nasal inhalers though? Cuz I'm curious but too lazy to net research :p

they say those penis enlargement pills work too but I don't buy it...though I wish it were true my little penis...*snif* *snif*...I lament for you my little friend :eek::confused::laugh:

I get very unsettled if I do not have some form of lip balm around me and freely accessible at all times. I ran out of my Blistex earlier today and flipped until I dug around and found some Chapstick. I cannot stand to have dry lips.

Here's what I found out, after years of being hooked on lip somethings; keep yourself hydrated from the inside. Now, when my lips start to dry, I know I need to drink more water. The better hydrated I am, the better shape my lips are in.

I HATE not having chapstick. And moving from the most humid state in the goddamn country to a very dry state was HELL on me lips but they're getting used to it.

CaterpillarGirl

I used to be severely addicted to BonneBell's Dr. Pepper flavored chapstick. I'd reapply like every half hour. Finally, I forced myself to stop.

Softlips-mmm....that cherry flavor one is great!

DayumQuitPlayin
Originally posted by CaterpillarGirl

I used to be severely addicted to BonneBell's Dr. Pepper flavored chapstick. I'd reapply like every half hour. Finally, I forced myself to stop.

Softlips-mmm....that cherry flavor one is great!

OMG.. you too??? Ha! yea... i love that stuff :D

I find it weird that men use balm for their lips. I know they should, especially if they have dry lips...

To me lipstick is God's punishment to women. Even very good quality lipstick. I don't like the sensation on my lips. It doesn't mean I don't wear it, though...

I do :(. The things we do for vanity!

Every time I use lipbalm I end up staring in the mirror to see if it's not all over my mouth... maybe because I don't need it. Not even during summertime. Could be the hydratation thing moi was talking about.

• Author

I've even got my b/f addicted. He always has a tube in his pockets. It makes his lips incredibly soft! :love:

I've been addicted to Blistex for years. I have it stored in various places throughout my house. Someone told me once that petrolatum, an ingredient in most all lip balms, actually dries out the lips, causing you to feel you need more of it. I don't know if there's any truth to that, though.

Originally posted by tikibrandy

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm addicted to chapstick and have it everyone within arms reach!

I am so addicted too! I am constantly reapplying it. The best stuff is MAC brand lip conditioner. Put it on before bed and wake up with the smoothest lips you ever had!!

If you seriously believe that you're addicted to it and it's interfering with your life, maybe it is obsessive compulsive disorder.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah as of now I have Bliztex lip medex,blistex medicated mint, and an herbal Lip Trip, another Blistex medicated, and Mad Gab's Lip Lube. I have to say I am addicted, every single day I have one or 2 chapsticks in my pocket with me. I apply it every 10 minutes or so, I started using it the beginning of winter, and as of now, July 3, I am still a daily "user" so to speak. I am trying to break my habid, but I need to see If i can find any chapstick that doesn't have the ingridient that makes it addictive.

• 2 weeks later...

I always keep chapstick in my pocket, by my nightstand, and in all my purses just in case.

Does anyone else have a community chapstick they just let other people use? Alot of girls my age always ask to borrow some chapstick and I'm just like...uh ya I don't know where your mouth has been but from what I hear its been everywhere. :sick:

DerangedAngel
Does anyone else have a community chapstick they just let other people use?

O! Yes! I thought I was the only one. It makes for some really odd moments if they've just seen you use a different one.

Him/her: Why can't I use the pink one?

Me: Cause it's mine and it's special and... **** you I don't have to share!

:bunny:

-DA

Originally posted by MollyBloom

If you seriously believe that you're addicted to it and it's interfering with your life, maybe it is obsessive compulsive disorder.

This makes a lot of sense, it can be an obsessive compulsive disorder

YellowLioness

I read this and compulsively ran out to my car to grab some chap stick. lol.

Originally posted by DerangedAngel

O! Yes! I thought I was the only one. It makes for some really odd moments if they've just seen you use a different one.

Him/her: Why can't I use the pink one?

Me: Cause it's mine and it's special and... **** you I don't have to share!

:bunny:

-DA

reminds me of what i used to do when i was a smoker: i carried two packs in my purse, one for me and one for everyone else. the pack for everyone else only had one cigarette in it, so whenever someone asked me for a cigarette i would pull out my pack, open it and say 'oh, sorry, it's my last one.' hehe.

my friends used to ask to use my softlips all the time (hehe) so i just bought them all their own.