What Is It Like To Be Beautiful

^^^^^

YIKES! She must have just left the lip injection shop. I think her lips look frightening, and she also looks miserable.

Of course, no denying that she's a beauty. But those lips … no.

Sorry, but she does look miserable to me. Probably because her bulbous lip gristle is throbbing.

Megan Fox is almost ALWAYS photographed wearing sweats and no makeup in candid shots and she looks exactly the same; she does not look like an a verage girl even in sweats. Even in sweats she is a sex symbol. Not plain looking whatsoever. It's all about the facial features.

She is facially perfect in my opinion. Proof. Megan in sweats.

New Megan Fox Candids

Browse images: Megan Fox Candids | Changr - skinny celebrities, celebrity diets, body and weight

Huh, are you serious? I can name 10 girls I personally KNOW who look better than that (when they're all dressed up, of course). Heck, I think V looked better in her previous avatar.

And she's still trying. Like Mme C said, I think she just got a new lip job. Skin still flawless from maintenance, slim as a reed, long hair. I'm not saying she shouldn't do all that. I'm saying that if she genuinely felt that being beautiful was a 'curse', it would be easy for her to look ugly if she wanted. She has never said that, though, unlike some posters here, and her career depends on her looking good, so of course she isn't going to be sabotaging herself by, for instance, giving herself a boycut.

Edited by Elswyth

I think MF looks pretty darn hot, but she's going to get old one day just like everyone else in the world, and then what? It's not like she can act, she doesn't have the longevity of a Meryl Streep...

I saw a B movie with Carmen Electra in it the other day. SHE LOOKS AWFUL. All botoxed up with deformed injected lips.

Back to the topic at hand- what's it like to be beautiful? I can't say. A better question to ask is "What is it like to be happy, and what can I do to get there?"

I think it starts with believing in yourself.

• Like 5

Eh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I get attention from immature dickwads whether I am dressed up and freshly scrubbed or sloppily attired with an unwashed face and bedhead, whether I am smiling or scowling.

I would rather be approached in a gentlemanly manner once every few months than get a handful of catcalls and horn-honks every day.

Eh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I get attention from immature dickwads whether I am dressed up and freshly scrubbed or sloppily attired with an unwashed face and bedhead, whether I am smiling or scowling.

I would rather be approached in a gentlemanly manner once every few months than get a handful of catcalls and horn-honks every day.

Are you saying that being beautiful (in your experience of being beautiful) boils down to daily catcalls and horn-honks?

Are you saying that being beautiful (in your experience of being beautiful) boils down to daily catcalls and horn-honks?

Yeah, being physically beautiful, anyway. It's not that great. For all the optimal attention I receive, I get 5x more rude/immature attention.

I'm coming to think that men catcall and horn-honk at women they don't respect, not women they find attractive.

I'm coming to think that men catcall and horn-honk at women they don't respect, not women they find attractive.

The men who do it just don't seem to respect any women in general judging from the way they act. Men I know who genuinely respect women wouldn't be caught dead catcalling.

• Like 1

I guess I am thinking that horn-honking and cat-calling doesn't mean you're beautiful.

I can recall the story of the day I had to walk through a construction site to visit one of my stores. I had a series of cat-calls and propositions- and comments that although slightly embarrassed me, also made my day (for a second).

I got into the store and told the girls what happened- and it turned out that every single girl working in the store had walked through the same mine field and gotten the same treatment and comments.

The men who do it just don't seem to respect any women in general judging from the way they act. Men I know who genuinely respect women wouldn't be caught dead catcalling.

I'm not so sure. I've observed men cat-call particular women in front of me, but not cat-call me. One time, a guy cat-called a woman in front of me, and then nodded/bowed a bit to me and said, "Good afternoon, Miss." And I do not for a second think it was because I was any less attractive than the woman he cat-called.

I guess I am thinking that horn-honking and cat-calling doesn't mean you're beautiful.

I can recall the story of the day I had to walk through a construction site to visit one of my stores. I had a series of cat-calls and propositions- and comments that although slightly embarrassed me, also made my day (for a second).

I got into the store and told the girls what happened- and it turned out that every single girl working in the store had walked through the same mine field and gotten the same treatment and comments.

Agreed. Cat-calling reveals a lot more about the sort of person doing it, IMO, than the sort of person receiving it. Hence, the places you go (or walk through), the sort of people you meet and whether or not you are alone determines that far more than one's beauty.

All kidding aside though, I think it would be awesome to be so hot that a woman's first instinct is that she wants to do me regardless of my personality.

At the same time though, I realize that this will never happen. This realization may or may not have contributed to my "giving up" thread. *shifty eyes*

You know, I think I must be beautiful. I also always get a deal when I get my 83 sunbird repaired at the shop. The garage man will be like: oh it's gonna cost you to get those tires replaced. Normally it'd be 3000$, but for you, I'll do it for 1200$.

But, get this: my dad can go to the very same garageman for the very same repair and get an even better deal... Like, they'll charge him 383$ or something. What can I say, my dad is really beautiful.

(edit to add: replace the sunbird for a Corolla and this story is actually true. The garage was offering me a deal "700" instead of "1200" for repairs. My dad took the same car to the same garage and they charged him 383$.)

• Like 5
I think those lip injections that women get look so rediculous. Makes them look like fish lips. Very unnatural looking.

It's horrible. That, the botox look and the fake tan. :sick:

Agreed. Cat-calling reveals a lot more about the sort of person doing it, IMO, than the sort of person receiving it. Hence, the places you go (or walk through), the sort of people you meet and whether or not you are alone determines that far more than one's beauty.

Now that I think about it I do have to walk through a sketchy area to get to work no matter which street I turn onto, which is unfortunate. I try to keep my nose buried in my Kindle and that helps as a preventative measure. I do get nice comments and some people do notice me in a positive way, which is great of course. There's always this one older guy waiting for the bus who keeps time by me and says how pretty I am. :laugh:

Though even in 'nice' areas or when I'm not alone, I get that sort of negative immature crap right along with the good stuff. The point I was trying to make is that when you're deemed attractive, you're more likely to be noticed in good and bad ways.

Now that I think about it I do have to walk through a sketchy area to get to work no matter which street I turn onto, which is unfortunate. I try to keep my nose buried in my Kindle and that helps as a preventative measure. I do get nice comments and some people do notice me in a positive way, which is great of course. There's always this one older guy waiting for the bus who keeps time by me and says how pretty I am. :laugh:

Though even in 'nice' areas or when I'm not alone, I get that sort of negative immature crap right along with the good stuff. The point I was trying to make is that when you're deemed attractive, you're more likely to be noticed in good and bad ways.

Do you just mean cat calling? If not what other negative things do people say/do?

My girlfriend at 50 is still really hot.

She laughs about a time when she was younger and banged dead on into the side of a door because she just assumed some guy ahead would hold it open for her.

That made me chuckle.

All kidding aside though, I think it would be awesome to be so hot that a woman's first instinct is that she wants to do me regardless of my personality.

Yeah it seems like it would be great.

Hell, just having women flirting and tripping up over themselves because you're hot would be amazing.

• Like 1
Do you just mean cat calling? If not what other negative things do people say/do?

Yeah, I just mean cat-calling. Though there was one time when I was in college and I was walking to my great-aunt's house; this guy honked at me from his car and when I looked over I saw he had exposed himself :sick::eek::mad::sick:

What's being shouted at me isn't even close to being lewd--it's like "Hey beautiful/cutie/babe/etc". It's the shouting that's incredibly rude and startling and I don't think it merits any response due to that. And when I ignore it, that's when the guys sometimes get rude, calling me a b*tch.

I do get the occasional comment from people on how handsome I look, be it directly or indirectly (people do ask me if i have a girlfriend or not, sometimes), but I don't get bothered or gave those compliments much thought or attention.

In my teenage years, i was often bullied and i guess those experiences pretty much influenced the way I see myself. I grew up holding that my beliefs, ideals, values, lessons from my life experiences are way much more important than my physical looks.

• Like 1
Lists of 'beautiful' people are media driven. They are also directed 95% towards female consumers.

Few guys would consider many of the women on those lists as 'beautiful'. I can walk through a mall and spot 10 women who I personally find more attractive.

One time my girl, who is a blue-eyed blonde, made herself up to look like Cleopatra. It was almost uncanny how completely different she looked with all the make up and a black wig. She looked exactly like a steroptype of Cleopatra. Made me wonder what all those stars with personal make up assistants actually look like.

I actually saw a magazine at a hair salon recently that showed a lot of hollywood celebrities without their makeup and their hair done. Both music artists and actresses. They were pretty plain looking, to tell you the truth, without all the makeup, hairdos and stylish clothes. A lot of those have had work done too--plastic surgery. They weren't born with stunning good looks. Kim Kardashian had a nose job some time ago. Several had breast implants. Quite a difference between their hollywood made up image and their real life pictures without all of that.