[b]does your ex call you private even though they were the dumper[/b]

Darkesthour33

Darkesthour33

Me and my ex have been divorced for about 7 months now, we have been apart well over a year

long story short she fell in love with a coworker, and moved in with him, she was adamant, about leaving and being with him, regardless of all my pleas to stay, you can read the full story at:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3824497#post3824497

after realizing she was serious I told her we cant be friends, and stop calling me.

So now my ex is calling all my female friends and me private, I know this because one of my friends described my ex's job and personnel to a T, and showed me the number after my friend threatened to call the cops if the phone calls persist, they now all come private, my ex never says anything just calls listens and hangs up

this has been going on for some time now, and I just want to know has anybody gone through this, and to those who did it what is the rational behind it, if I had to guess she is just being nosey and wants to check on me since I have cut off all communication with her, but still she said she was so happy with her new life why go through such lengths

Who knows what's going on in her mind? She probably doesn't know, fully. If it's her making the calls, that is, although it's pretty commonplace in my experience that once you're involved with someone to any serious degree they may well do this sort of thing.

Let's assume it's her. There's a good chance it is. How about changing your number? It's free if you let the phone company know it's to stop prank calls. There you go - nuisance solved.

• Author
Darkesthour33

BetterDeal

Yes your right and the number is already being changed, thats not the question, the question was why would dumpers do something like that when they already

gas lighted the people that they dumped, just was wondering if anyone had insight on this , is it a problem no its was way to easy to fix but definitely made me shake my head in disbelief ...... like ....... really

Maybe she's feeling a bit bored and lonely. It must be a bit disturbing for you, but it's a thread that doesn't need pulling. If you read through this site, you'll find myriad people who write reams and reams about what they think their ex is up to, or what drives them, or what they feel or their motives and what not. Rarely does any good come of it after the first page or so. It then becomes a trivial pursuit, with the topic of the thread being almost irrelevant as it's just a thing about which to natter. The problem with that is, these topics can have a material affect on our lives. If it was a truly trivial matter such as sport or cars or fashion, fine, but otherwise, best to put it in the "that was weird" pile, grab a brew and put your feet up.

MidnightinMadrid

One thing I dont understand,when she calls you the number on the caller ID says 'Private'?

If your ex is being a nuisance that someone has to tell her to stop calling,then she is doing so on purpose. It doesn't mean she wants you back,so please dont allow yourself that thought of luxury. She wants to see if she still has a hold on you so you can be option # 2 on her backburner. While it's good to wonder why is the dumper giving you that kind of attention,-admit it,its nice to know the one who dumped is the one calling like crazy instead of totally ignoring you. On the other hand,it really means nothing,she knows where you live,unless she shows up at your door with a sincere apology,she's just fishing tossing her net,hoping you take the bait.

My thats what years of reading LS does to a person,I so know this by heart.

• Author
Darkesthour33

BetterDeal/MidnightMadrid

I think you both are fairly accurate, the exact reason, may be a really wierd one, but the "see if she has a hold on me" that makes sense one young lady told me that sometimes dumpers want to move on but they dont want you to move,

but all and all I think you both gave great answers,

thanx