Caught a woman looking at me and then she looked away...

Ross MwcFan

This is great advice.

I get approached and chatted up constantly and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that that I'm cheerful and smile at people.

I'd talk to you even if you were scowling and your hair was messed up.

That is why I always wear sunglasses.

I was at a stoplight once, in my car, and glanced at the car on my left. I stared at it for maybe a second longer than you would normally because it was an old car like my uncle used to drive and I hadn't seen one like that since I was a kid. Well, next thing I know, the driver is following me. I pulled into a doughnut shop parking lot to pick up stuff for the office staff and he pulled in, too. I thought it might have been a coincidence -- lot of people eat doughnuts in the morning. However, he stood next to his car watching me inside the shop and didn't come in so clearly didn't want doughnuts. I exited and quickly hopped into my car as he approached. I sped off and saw him run to his car and then he was tailing me. I wasn't about to stop and say, "Stop following me" so I had to think of a way to let him know that I knew he was following me and I didn't like it! I turned right at the next street. He followed. I turned right again. He turned again. I turned right again. By now he knew that I was driving in a circle. If he followed one more time, my plan was to drive to the nearest police station. Fortunately, he gave up the chase.

Feel free to use my plan if you think you are being followed. If the creeps know that you know you are being followed, they've lost the element of surprise. I've used the same trick when something similar happened a few years previous to this incident and it worked.

So unless a woman actually speaks to you, don't assume anything.

Maybe he was trying to tell you that you were dragging someone under your car.. or your brake lights don't work :laugh:

Honestly.. I would be careful about driving in a circle since you are actually driving right into him if he turns around..

Not going home and driving to a police station is the safest bet..

malibustacydoll
I was putting some shopping into the back of my car, I then I caught a woman looking at me. When I caught her looking at me she then looked away.

What does this most likely mean? (don't let how I look in my avvy influence you, just pretend I don't have a picture up)

While there are certainly mixed opinions here-- I would say she was checking you out. I also agree-- smile back! Even if she wasn't checking you out-- smiling is always a good thing.

Also, sorry to hear about your confidence level. I think you're pretty good looking and would probably check you out. From the UK? The accent would definitely be icing on that cake. (I know that means nothing since you want offline validation-- but sadly most women aren't willing to put themselves out there and make the first move.)

Sorry bro, but it doesn't mean anything. Women will look at someone they see potential in, who is standing in front of an object they want to see, who is the only moving object in the direct environment etc, but they're differently wired than men. We can decide within seconds whether or not we want sex/a relationship with someone we see, women simply don't think that way. On the bright side, it doesn't mean she wasn't interested either, so don't give up hope. Also, I'm convinced most guys won't ever see a woman look at them because of some crazy attraction thing in their lifetime, despite what Hollywood sells us.

500th post, wish it would've been more positive, but c'est la vie.

Since when? I think women are more like that.

I was at a stoplight once, in my car, and glanced at the car on my left. I stared at it for maybe a second longer than you would normally because it was an old car like my uncle used to drive and I hadn't seen one like that since I was a kid. Well, next thing I know, the driver is following me. I pulled into a doughnut shop parking lot to pick up stuff for the office staff and he pulled in, too. I thought it might have been a coincidence -- lot of people eat doughnuts in the morning. However, he stood next to his car watching me inside the shop and didn't come in so clearly didn't want doughnuts. I exited and quickly hopped into my car as he approached. I sped off and saw him run to his car and then he was tailing me. I wasn't about to stop and say, "Stop following me" so I had to think of a way to let him know that I knew he was following me and I didn't like it! I turned right at the next street. He followed. I turned right again. He turned again. I turned right again. By now he knew that I was driving in a circle. If he followed one more time, my plan was to drive to the nearest police station. Fortunately, he gave up the chase.

Feel free to use my plan if you think you are being followed. If the creeps know that you know you are being followed, they've lost the element of surprise. I've used the same trick when something similar happened a few years previous to this incident and it worked.

WTF are you doing? :eek: We're trying to get the guy to go balls out and approach women.

Honestly, even women I've dated have many stories of guys coming up to them, following them down the sidewalk, shouting things to them in the street. One of them worked in a hospital and had patients stalking her. She also had a story of being tailed just like you.

So, a lot of women will get creeped out. Who cares. Do it anyway. There's nothing illegal about it. The worst thing that can happen is her gorilla boyfriend comes out of the car and beats the living crap out of you. And who hasn't had that happen to them? :bunny:

Edited by jobaba
It means that you rejected her because you didn't walk right up to her and ask her out.

Now she's going to come here and complain about how men never hit on her.

:p

Probably, I wish you believed that.

I was putting some shopping into the back of my car, I then I caught a woman looking at me. When I caught her looking at me she then looked away.

What does this most likely mean? (don't let how I look in my avvy influence you, just pretend I don't have a picture up)

Seriously if she does the quick look away like she was looking and then looked away real quick like in an unusualy quick way. That means she was definetly looking right at you and caught in a daze and that when she saw you looking back at her she couldn't handle the sexual tension. Dude you should have helped out a little and said "hello" or something.

Did you look at her after or did you look away too?

This happens to me all the time, it doesn't usually mean anything unless they hold eye contact or look straight down after making eyecontact when you look at them.

I've looked at people, attractive, unattractive, male, female, young, old, child, and then looked away. It doesn't mean I liked any of them.

I would say if you catch a woman looking at you like that, look at her, wait for eye contact and say something. Her look could be for any reason, one of them is she is attracted to, only way to know is to prod.

Dude thats what he said she looked down after looking at him.

If I'm just starting at some one I play a game where I keep starting at them til they look away. If its a kid I'll spit my toungue out at them. Heck I spit my toungue out at a lot of people for shts and gigles.

Put straightly if some one as in their own world as Ross noticed this woman looking that meant she was looking hard. He should have said "hi" or atleast smiled at her or something. I mean it would be great if he walked on over and said "nice to meet you, whats your name" and then asked her out after having a laugh of two... but he could have atleast smiled at her.

Yeah she was down to fck!

Sorry man, I don't want to piss on your parade, but when a chick just looks away it's 50-50. If she looks at you and down, it's 90% indicator of atleast some interest.

Try to make eye contact with all the women you see. 90% of them may not look back, especially if you live in a big anonymous city, but some will.

She looked at him long enough to notice and it was a down looke so it was 90% heck 50/50 is pretty good.

So true about the women not wanting to look back.

Hunt her down and kill her....:laugh:.. kidding...

Ross.. she liked what she saw.. either that or you had a big booger hanging down from your nose..

Enjoy those Ross..the stares from afar... it should make you feel good ...

You still got it...

Thats some dark humor there sir... I would have preffered a rape joke...

Oh so thats why you wear your sunglasses eh. Are you that fit? Have you shown me what you look like? are you under 40 atleast?

A girl with sunglasses on and I just assume she was looking at me. Next time I see a girl with dark sunglasses on I'm going to tell her to stop staring at my butt!

Your post was completely off topic we are trying to encourage Ross not here your stories of being followed around by men who drive cars that remind you of your uncle or what ever...

WTF are you doing? :eek: We're trying to get the guy to go balls out and approach women.

Honestly, even women I've dated have many stories of guys coming up to them, following them down the sidewalk, shouting things to them in the street. One of them worked in a hospital and had patients stalking her. She also had a story of being tailed just like you.

So, a lot of women will get creeped out. Who cares. Do it anyway. There's nothing illegal about it. The worst thing that can happen is her gorilla boyfriend comes out of the car and beats the living crap out of you. And who hasn't had that happen to them? :bunny:

These guys who listen to the story of the creep guy and then live their life afraid of being creepy are the worst. Some times you just have to have a good time creeping a girl out. Call in the swat helicopter and have them put a spot light down on the girls car to make it easier to follow through the night back to her place so you can watch her walk into her place...

Seriously though Ross ignore what the girls are telling you and just talk to some ladies enjoy!

Ross,

Assume every woman is looking at you in "that way."

Then step into it, and swing for the fences.

She was about a car length away from me.

Of course it matters. All my life I've wanted concrete proof that some women offline are attracted to me, but I've never found it.

If I did find it, it would make me feel so much better and give me a real boost to my confidence.

Well me and you are buddies because me and you have never had girls.

But well let me tell you something. You probably know what it could mean when women check you out because we men check out girls too.

I personally for some reason check out even girls i dont like. But usually the ones i don't like i just check them out for 1 or 2 seconds, and for some reason my eyes also go down to check their bottoms. Because if they have ugly upper body..maybe there's a chance they can still have nice asses. but usually that doesn't happen much.

so yeah, brief checking out for girls i don't like. And for girls i like, i may look , then look away and look again.. and etc.

But I'm different than most guys. I actualy look away because I just become sad when i see girls i like so i just want to forget them since i will never have a girl that i like. so whta'ts the point

• Author
While there are certainly mixed opinions here-- I would say she was checking you out. I also agree-- smile back! Even if she wasn't checking you out-- smiling is always a good thing.

Also, sorry to hear about your confidence level. I think you're pretty good looking and would probably check you out. From the UK? The accent would definitely be icing on that cake. (I know that means nothing since you want offline validation-- but sadly most women aren't willing to put themselves out there and make the first move.)

Hey thanks maibus. Yeah, a lot of people like my accent. A few American women have said that I sound hot.

• Author
Ross,

Assume every woman is looking at you in "that way."

Then step into it, and swing for the fences.

Why hello there. :p

What does step into it and swing for the fences mean? Like ask her out or talk to her?

• Author
Probably, I wish you believed that.

Seriously if she does the quick look away like she was looking and then looked away real quick like in an unusualy quick way. That means she was definetly looking right at you and caught in a daze and that when she saw you looking back at her she couldn't handle the sexual tension. Dude you should have helped out a little and said "hello" or something.

Did you look at her after or did you look away too?

Dude thats what he said she looked down after looking at him.

If I'm just starting at some one I play a game where I keep starting at them til they look away. If its a kid I'll spit my toungue out at them. Heck I spit my toungue out at a lot of people for shts and gigles.

Put straightly if some one as in their own world as Ross noticed this woman looking that meant she was looking hard. He should have said "hi" or atleast smiled at her or something. I mean it would be great if he walked on over and said "nice to meet you, whats your name" and then asked her out after having a laugh of two... but he could have atleast smiled at her.

Yeah she was down to fck!

She looked at him long enough to notice and it was a down looke so it was 90% heck 50/50 is pretty good.

So true about the women not wanting to look back.

Thats some dark humor there sir... I would have preffered a rape joke...

Oh so thats why you wear your sunglasses eh. Are you that fit? Have you shown me what you look like? are you under 40 atleast?

A girl with sunglasses on and I just assume she was looking at me. Next time I see a girl with dark sunglasses on I'm going to tell her to stop staring at my butt!

Your post was completely off topic we are trying to encourage Ross not here your stories of being followed around by men who drive cars that remind you of your uncle or what ever...

These guys who listen to the story of the creep guy and then live their life afraid of being creepy are the worst. Some times you just have to have a good time creeping a girl out. Call in the swat helicopter and have them put a spot light down on the girls car to make it easier to follow through the night back to her place so you can watch her walk into her place...

Seriously though Ross ignore what the girls are telling you and just talk to some ladies enjoy!

I looked away too.

I don't actually think she looked down when she looked away.

What does this most likely mean?

It means that she was looking at you. You saw her do it, so it must be true.

Don't try to read too much in to this, but feel free to smile because you might just make somebody's day.