Top 5 Things "Jerks" Do To Get Women

verhrzn

Negative Nancy

this one here is waaayyy better and written in a really hilarious way :D

Why women don't go for nice guys

Hands up! How many desperate men are out there who think of themselves as nice, thoughtful, sympathetic and still sit alone on a Sunday night in front of the television watching their idol Brad Pitt and asking him the question: “Why do women not like me?”

Before I answer that, let me define the typical characteristics of a “Mr. Nice Guy”. Just to be sure that the men who shave in the morning in boundless self-denial with a poster of Sylvester Stallone in the front of the bathroom mirror recognize themselves.

You have a lot of beautiful, intelligent women in your clique of whom you have desired every single one of them at some point. Each of these women you confessed your love to – in a nice Italian restaurant with (at least!) 1000 roses in your hand – replied the following: “You are a really nice guy and I love you madly, but only as a friend”. And because you’re such a genuinely nice guy … you answered to – “Let’s just be friends?” – with a nice “Yes of course.” instead of telling that bitch to spread her legs at least once for the outrageously expensive food.

Like she does, for example, with her monthly changing idiotic boyfriends who beat her up at least twice a week as well as cheat with her best girlfriend. How do you know that? Well you’re of course her crisis hotline. Your number is saved on top of the quick-dial keys of her cellphone. Of course as “Grandma” or “Lucy”, because the d-bags she currently hangs out with are mad jealous. She usually calls you at night around 3am, when the violence started regardless if she just had sex with him 5 minutes ago. In regularity she will confront you with: “Aw if he only were just a little bit like you!” – you feel her finger nails going into your back while she gives you a tearful hug and wipes that water-resistant mascara on your new shirt.

A bit like you? Girl, there are 100% standing here in front of you, why don’t you get it, you dumb blond broad. However, you are waiting because you are absolutely sure that she will realize it someday that those muscle-bound brainless creatures won’t lead to anything good and that YOU are the one. Yes, time will pass and the day will come where she stands in front of your door, howls, scrunches the newly laminated wooden floor with her high-heels and tells you: “He is gone. You have been so right with everything.”. All the years you have been waiting for this moment to come before she suddenly says, “You uhm, your friend Ben .. is he actually still .. single?”. And at that precise moment, you wish witch persecution would be back. But because you’re such a nice guy.... You are her best man when she's gonna marry Ben next week.

Your ex-girlfriend, who found her way into your life again in a briefly tick of compassion, tells without an exception, only good things about you. That is: You are a affectionate, understanding person and a good listener too! Always there for them when they needed you and that you are the best partner a woman could want. But – you've heard the “You are my best friend and the only one who really understands me!” line so often that you should already have the copyright on it. If you ask them why they left you, they usually say that they don’t even know themselves and will eventually regret it in the future. But because you’re such a nice guy .. You are still affectionate, understanding and a good listener after she broke up with you. Always there for her (although your subconscious tells you that you’re just plain stupid) when she needs you.

In the club you often lead a long and serious conversation with a woman. You serve her a glass of water after a hot dance phase. You make compliments about her appearance and her earrings. Each one of them is impressed by your intelligence, your humor and how you actually are interested in what they do and what moves them. All the other men she usually talks to only want the same thing. A few minutes later she left with that dubious-looking guy who yelled “You have a great ass! Are you coming home with me?”. But because you’re such a genuinely nice guy…You are driving after her and wait in front of the dilapidated block in an area where you wouldn’t even trust a 80-year old nun to come out safely again. At dawn she leaves panicky with a blubbery face and tattered clothes of the building. You drive that trembling heap of misery home and she promises you to call you. Approximately 10 miles pass before you realize that you didn’t even exchange phone numbers.

Did you recognize yourself? You've been sitting in front of the screen and yelling for the last 10 minutes – “Yes, exactly! But why is it like that???”.

Reason 1: Someone who can listen to a woman at any time, day or night as good as you, is rare. And that's your death sentence. To put it in the words of a bulimic: “I never eat where I puke”. What this means for you is, although they like exchanging their concerns with you, fun is somewhere else and not with you – you merely are their mental garbage dump.

Reason 2: Nice men are boring. They do not spread this glittery promise of an exciting Marlboro-Man-with-three-day beard adventure. Women are like horse whisperers - they want to tame wild horses, not ride a pony.

Reason 3: Women do not know what they want and are grateful if someone else relieves them of the decision. Men like you who leave all the options open, indicate: “I will do all the things you say, I will be there when you ask for me.” but unfortunately they will ask at some point like: “Uhm..Where do you want to go?” .

Reason 4: Probably the most crucial factor is the fact that it is anchored somewhere in the great book of human history that nice guys can not score with nice women. Apparently this is a physical and psychological polarity problem, similar as with a magnet. (+) and (+) repel each other. What does that mean for you? Become a ruthless ******* that totally ignores the feelings of a woman.

But yes because you’re a genuinely nice guy .. You will continue to remain faithful to your line and hope that someday the laws of physic will change…

:laugh::lmao::p Edited by Negative Nancy

So basically men who do not treat women like children strike out. If I need to make a woman's decisions for her I have a hard time treating her as an equal.

Negative Nancy

i thought it was pretty obvious that i posted it as tongue-in-cheek. :confused: i don't think women are like that - girls might be, but not women. or at least not all of them. the text was supposed to lighten up the mood in here :cool:

Edited by Negative Nancy
i thought it was pretty obvious that i posted it as tongue-in-cheek. confused.gif i don't think women are like that - girls might be, but not women. or at least not all of them. the text was supposed to lighten up the mood in here cool.gif

I know it was tongue in cheek but sadly some really do act like that. Just like some grown men want a mommy some grown women want a daddy.

ThsAmericanLife

#6 Jerks take a dump on 'nice' guys trying to learn how to develop healthy, caring relationships with emotionally stable women...

#7 Jerks antagonize anyone who doesn't view male/female relationships as a f*cked up blood sport with 'jerks' as the 'winner'. Whatever 'winner' means (usually more notches on their bed post or $$ in their back pocket... some prize THAT is!)

That's not confidence. That's more like a brazen type of suicidal apathy.

If you approach 101 women and get one date and 100 rejections, how is your confidence going to be high?

Confidence comes partially from within and partially from success. But I don't care how self inflated your confidence is, 100 rejections will kill that quick.

Read my thread on men's rejection rate, and it'll tell you a little more about your theory.

I stand corrected to a certain extent. My example was more theoretical rather than a reflection of reality. If you approach that many women, and get rejected 100 times, of course you're confidence would be down, hell my confidence would be down. But at that point, it has more to do with other factors i.e. what else is happening in your life, the girls you're approaching, and others.

My idea is to really work on yourself and other aspects of your life, which cannot be neglected. Work on it so that you're well put together and you have the confidence within yourself. If you have that, there's no way you'll get rejected 100 times in a row, not even close to that. In saying that, a lot of guys get rejected a few times and then become bitter and stop trying, and blame it on other things, such as them being not good-looking enough, height, or anything else. I wager if they really kept their mind to it and approached those 100 girls, they won't get 100 rejections but many don't.

Please refrain from calling my confidence "self inflated", it took a lot of hard-work to get to where I'm at, and I had to go through crap just like a lot of people on here -- I understand it was made out of reference to what I said but that statement can be seen with the class half empty and the class half full. What I'm saying is, so you get rejected once, are you gonna give up? No. You get rejected 10 times, giving up? No. You get rejected 100 times, giving up? No, BUT you would have to really ask yourself why that's happening, at that stage, it much to do with other factors BUT if you do approach that many, I really doubt you'll get that many rejections, it's just the first few that stop some men from further approaching. Maybe "100" is too exaggerate but hopefully you get my point :o You're not really "confident" if you get rejected a few times (to be honest, if you have a lot going for you, and not putting too much emphasis on the result, then a few more rejections shouldn't hurt, trust me, I know some guys who do get rejected HEAPS and still going), and get angry when being "confident" didn't work. If you're working on other aspects of your life, got a lot going for you, how's that going to kill your confidence you have UNLESS you're really focused on the result and trying to always gets something out of it. I've been there... and have been constantly frustrated but now whenever I do get rejected, I laugh because it's a freakin' funny situation. I agree though, you get more confident when you get success, that's true but if you get equally less confident when you get rejected, that's a problem. In reference to your success rate thread, more or less people get rejected more in cold approaches then they get success, I'm sure those you are still going at it aren't going to stop trying just because the success rate is lower.

My confidence is a work-in-progress and it had been a struggle for two years but I've come pretty far. I've gotten over my approach anxiety and fear of rejection, I've experience many rejections but am still plugging away. I've read your thread and thought it was a good thread. My success rate is similar to many of the others, although I don't keep count, I would say between 20% to 50%.

There is truth to it all. Had a "ladies man" once tell me I should never apologize when I didn't do anything wrong, and never explain myself to anyone.

The points in the article are right on the mark.

Now if you approach 100 girls and they all reject you, then you should have been looking deeper into the "why" after girl #10 or girl #20.

This is why I keep pushing the ideas of self-improvement, good hygiene, and especially good fashion sense.

You could approach 100 girls, but if you look, act, and come off as "female repellent", then even approaching 1000 women won't change that.

your wrong. the article can be summarized in three words. be a jerk.

Go for it...let us know how that works out for you.

There is truth to it all. Had a "ladies man" once tell me I should never apologize when I didn't do anything wrong, and never explain myself to anyone.

The points in the article are right on the mark.

Now if you approach 100 girls and they all reject you, then you should have been looking deeper into the "why" after girl #10 or girl #20.

This is why I keep pushing the ideas of self-improvement, good hygiene, and especially good fashion sense.

You could approach 100 girls, but if you look, act, and come off as "female repellent", then even approaching 1000 women won't change that.

I agree, don't apologise if you haven't done anything wrong and don't explain yourself. This may be a different context but I was telling my friends that I was cold-approaching girls. They didn't like that idea and kept putting me down and saying I was looking for one-night stands, etc. Bare in mind, they have never had any dates or even approached a girl before. So, why would I convince them that what I'm doing is "right"? I'm not doing anything wrong here.

Exactly, if you look in bad shape, dress sloppily, look unhygienic, act creepy, then of course no matter how many women you approach, it won't help your chances. It reminds me when I was approaching right after my first break-up... of course I was always going to get rejected, I gave of this needy vibe, I couldn't smile and I was nervous all the time, with each rejection it got worse, until I decided just to focus on me and my self-improvement. After that, I still got rejected but I improved when talking to girls, each rejection became nothing and I was getting dates. Even then, the self improvement doesn't end. We weren't born to just be good enough, we could be great if we put our minds to it.

As for the article, it raises some good points. One that I witness in a lot of my friends is putting a girl's needs and everyone elses before their own. If you want something, go for it. If a girl doesn't like you, who cares, move on. Don't apologise for approaching her. Another one is, are you approaching her for a date or to be a "friend"? Now be real here, be honest with yourself. These are good qualities to have and not completely synonymous with being a jerk.

The one I agree with was what caring what people think. When you are simply yourself and couldn't care less about impressing women or anybody else for that matter people respect you and respect for women equals attraction.

Stop giving a damn about impressing them.

This goes for people in general. It's hard when your self-esteem has taken a kicking; over the past year, for the first time in my life, I wanted to kick back at whomever had kicked me down.