Do You Love Your Job?

• Author
I do love everything about my job. In fact, once I get going, I find it difficult to go home. I'm not making this up.

For several years early in my life I had a "better" job in the same field and got lots of approval for research and writing. However, I despised it. I could barely get out of bed to go to work in the end. It took me a long time to walk away from it because I had so much invested in it (i.e., worked myself through college and moved to a strange city on my own for the position). It was like leaving a bad relationship. My dad worked for an international corporation where he got lots of approval for administrating people (he was responsible for 3000 people & a big profit margin) but he hated it. He always wanted to design (engineer), not administrate. He's the one who encouraged me to leave my "better" job and go back to what I enjoyed, to hell with public perception. So I did. I'm very grateful to him.

I support others to support others in a professional capacity. I work closely with my people. I'm not stuck in a room researching and writing boring papers on dull topics I couldn't care less about anymore. When I don't show up for work for a couple hours, my people notice. I like that! It's never boring. I love going to work -- so much so, that people yell at me for working too much sometimes, including one boss.

I don't get my identity or self esteem from my job. I'm not changing lives. :) I see my job as a great way to make a nice yet undemanding living. It provides me with the foundation to explore things outside of work that are deeply meaningful to me.

Thanks for the post! I'm 100% with you in that the ability to live my life outside of work and explore other things is huge for me. While I'd love to have a job that resonates better with me, there's a lot to be said about having the means (both time and money-wise) to explore other passions.

If you are a big fan of Moncler Jackets,then you will like these Discount Moncler Jacket for their high quality with reasonable price.This is the Women Moncler Down Jackets and Moncler Down Coats I like most and hope you will like them as well

eerie_reverie

I love my job. My company feels like home and my coworkers family. I could make more money somewhere else but I'm already making a decent living, I'm paid to study, i never work overtime, and I have the option of working 4 days a week.