Why do a lot of people hate ugly people?

When you're bullied when younger, it's really hard to get over. I know this from experience.

I've seen enough TV shows over the years where the ugly duckings face their tormentors, who are now fat and ugly themselves, while the ugly ducklings have lost weight, worked out, got plastic surgery and a total makeover. Interestingly, most of the bullies don't even remember the person from years ago and often they apologize.

• Like 1
if people get bullied, who cares? life is never easy.

The OP needs to take relaxation techniques, probably even social skills training and open-mindedness.

Nobody, it doesn't matter who one is, never experiences hostility. It is in our nature to be unkind or cruel when needs arise. that said, simply remove yourself from the places where the people you dislike congregate. Don't go to bars, clubs, etc. since it is often people of the socialable/pop culture mindset who visit such areas. It is this mindset, and a large degree of human nature perhaps, which causes persons to act this way to you.

Empathy has never been your strong point has it?

When you're bullied when younger, it's really hard to get over. I know this from experience.
I was bullied when I was a kid. And it was physical abuse w/ name calling. But do I blame others for what the bullys did to me? No. All it takes is one time to stand up to a bully & they'll leave you alone.

Kids bully because they need outlet from an abusive home life or because of a mental disorder. What's an adults excuse? Besides mental disorder?

I do have a sound, logical explanation to the OP's question, but I am too tired and I really want to rest up to recuperate.

I think that's a politically correct pretext, and society should move away from that rationale. People, both children and adults, bully because they can, or because they're possessing cruel temperaments. Not all humans are nice, and cruelty is a major facet of our nature. ;)
Yes, it seems to be that way. And some take it to extreme levels: victims becoming the bullies in school shootings. I'm just glad I was stable enough as a child, knew right from wrong & I was bullied at an early age, 3 y.o.a until I was apprx. 7-9. Never bullied, never did anything I regret.
  • Author
Why do you (,i.e. the OP) obsess over this so?

Come on man... I was bullied at 2 colleges too. I'm poorly educated because of bullying. I go to places where one would expect not to get harassed (or bullied) and still get harassed and/or bullied

And I'm like "Jesus why do so many people lack empathy?"

It wouldn't take much to make these people into serial killers. If they were to go through what I've been through they'd be serial killers

• Author
Empathy has never been your strong point has it?

You're right about him/her lacking empathy. And guess what? These so-called high moral celebrities are no different. He/she is the type that gets replies from these "I'm here to save the world" celebrities all the time whereas we ugly people are branded 'mean' for having emotions (any excuse to ignore us)

All of my fave female celebs from my fav TV shows ignore me (and I know why) and when I try to talk to their fans they're titanic arseholes (selfish as ****) and I'm like "It's no surprise that they get replies"

• Author
Life is tough, as I said beforehand.

You must be very popular among the women

Bullies have a choice. I know they are popular and well-liked but that doesn't make it right or not evil behaviour

Selfish cunts don't bully their own 'ugly' family members, they only pick on ugly people outside family. They could have a right ugly bastard in their own family but they won't bully them though

For example, they're the type that laughs at obese people and their own ****ing mothers are fat

Edited by danmorisson

A large portion of being physically attractive is within your control.

1. Eat healthy and exercise to ensure a lean healthy body
  2. Use good hygiene to keep a clear complexion and clean, white teeth.
  3. Get a haircut that suits your personality and is fashionable
  4. Get some colthes that fit well, are fashionable, and fit your personality

If you want to be attractive, there is LOT that you can do.

Now, as to why "ugly people" are hated... They're not hated but they definitely don't get treated as well as attractive people (typically). There are a lot of reasons for this some are biological and some are due to negative social stigmas, and some are because of lack of confidence.

I digress,

• Author

Yes, we are hated, most notably by the heartless female gender. Now stop thinking with your pervy cocks just because these women treat you well and just agree with this fact. Calling people's lives a lie, that's just the selfish gene kicking in

You don't quite realize how evil women are until you are born a nerd

Yes, we are hated, most notably by the heartless female gender. Now stop thinking with your pervy cocks just because these women treat you well and just agree with this fact. Calling people's lives a lie, that's just the selfish gene kicking in

I'll be frank - your mind is filled with so much junk. True, there are some evil women, but there are even more good women out there. Your reality is what you perceive it.

You want to complain about how unfair your life is. That's fine. But what good has it done for you? It's obvious it has gained you nothing.

Now I'm not liking where this thread is going so if you can spare a few seconds I want to share a very short story.

This is a story about a MAN that had the courage to defy his own self doubts and fear. A man, despite his circumstances that some would consider "unfair" took charge of his own thoughts and actions and shaped his own future for the better.

He was born with a rare disease commonly called brittle bones disease. A disease that has stunted his growth and confined him to a wheel chair for his life.

Yet despite his misfortune he grew up to be a successful businessman and a ladies man.

You may have heard of him. The MAN I speak of is Sean Stephenson.

I'm not comparing his life story to yours. I'm sure you had it tough, maybe tougher. I don't know.

But my point is that Sean made a conscious choice to not live in self pity for himself.

You can make that change as well. Choice is yours. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MztUPT6NG54

MissBellyBoop

Here let me give you a little reality check hunni cause life is what you make it when you are not in the "attractive" range that's not to say some one wont find you attractive. I'm the most evil of misfits in today's plastic is fantastic society "an over weight women" try being me for a day then come back and tell me how mean the "bullies" are FFS were all still human tho often treated as not.

But you see here is the kicker sunshine "I don't want to lose weight to fit in" I don't want anyone to adore me. Na im good just shut the @#&% up and respect me as you would anyone else. I love me as I am and I feel bad for those who feel so bad about themselves that they need to belittle others for how they look its a reflection of their own sad state.

Never let anyone drag you down op im as pleasant as the next person but I take no sh*t from anyone and I will call "bullies" out when need be. As some one else pointed out you would be surprised how "bullies" tend to cower when confronted to their face especially in public.

They only have the "power" to make us feel bad if we allow it I do not ever allow it start standing up for your self cause no one else will..if you cant or wont 1st..

Yours truly...An Evil women ;)

• Author
Yours truly...An Evil women ;)
If you're a woman then I'm sure you love bullies. And serial killers ;) Yes, plenty of women loved Ted Bundy

Women are a pure evil gender and the reason guys don't like to admit it is because they don't want women hating on them. How are they supposed to mate with you emotionless drones if you hate them? Women don't carry empathy or feelings for others and deep down every guy knows this

This is why we always want a male president

Edited by danmorisson

Every time I see an unattractive person, I give them a make over in my head and nine times out of ten, they could be so much more attractive with just a few tweaks. So, most of the ugly people, are doing it to themselves. Like the ugly girl who refuses to wear make up or update her hair style or wear clothes that fit. People do it to themselves.

Unfortunately, we live in a society of Stepford Wives and ideas of beauty. And, you don't need to look like everyone else, but if you want to succeed, you are going to have to step it up a notch.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Just to clarify... I don't want a date anyway. I just want to live in a world where people will accept me for being ugly, I sick of running into hateful people all the time because of it. My brothers and sis accept me for being ugly, so why can't this big bad world out there accept me? I can't handle the hate. It's as if being ugly is was crime. It's not right and not fair. Some people are actually genetically born ugly.

But in the world of celebrity, their world is completely different, being ugly on the outside but nice on the inside suddenly makes you human. Judge a celebrity on their looks and 99.9% of the world will scorn you for it (obviously being sarcastic with that 99.9 stat)

For the ugly celebrity "Hello there. Welcome. I will make an exception for you. Heck, you can even star in my movie"

The worst thing you could be on the planet is ugly, and it even tops being a good-looking serial killer, because, bad or not, dating or not, same sex or not, we humans are naturally drawn to things that are just... not ugly looking

So provided that you aren't a "megastar" or something, the worst thing you can be is "ugly"

Edited by danmorisson
  • Author

Btw, forgot to mention this before, I've noticed this for years now... It's usually "these celebrity obsessed people" that judge people soley on their looks, and there are a lot of them out there....

Because every single time I come across someone, regardless of their looks, that's 'free spirited', and that's not afraid to bash these celebrities themselves, hates reality TV shows etc, he or she is always alright to get on with, these people never judge me on my looks

Edited by danmorisson
Why do you think that is? And don't deny it. And don't mention that word bitter, if people didn't hate them then maybe they wouldn't be bitter in the first place.

Don't make excuses to defend cruelty against humans because if this were cruelty against animals it would be a big NO NO

I agree. I have witnessed it. I have heard stories about the terrible things do to others because they don't like the way they look. It is a shame and disgusting. This world can be terribly unkind to people who are considered unattractive, people who don't fit in, people who are handicapped, especially the mentally challenged. It's just disgusting.

• Author
I agree. I have witnessed it. I have heard stories about the terrible things do to others because they don't like the way they look. It is a shame and disgusting. This world can be terribly unkind to people who are considered unattractive, people who don't fit in, people who are handicapped, especially the mentally challenged. It's just disgusting.

Yeah well that's all I'm trying to say, and it just leads to arguments over the net. It impacts everything about your life, not just your inability to get a date, you're frequently the target of ridicule and bullying at the workplace, and you do struggle to get along with most people - heck, even some decent people out there don't want to be seen with you

It's very difficult to stay positive

• Author

And although people don't like to admit it, it is harder being unnatractive as a man, because you are a man, so we're supposed to take it 'like a man!'....

But if you are an unnatractive woman, then chances are you will have plenty of support from both sides, because of the way society views women. Heck I go out and some women get away with being right ugly...

And this is no joke, all women below the age of 40, and definitely below the age of 30, view me as some sort of desease... I just cannot have any sort of conversation with any of them

• Author

And although people don't like to admit it, it is harder being unnatractive as a man, because you are a man, so we're supposed to take it 'like a man!'....

But if you are an unnatractive woman, then chances are you will have plenty of support from both sides, because of the way society views women. Heck I go out and some women get away with being right ugly...

And this is no joke, all women below the age of 40, and definitely below the age of 30, view me as some sort of desease... I just cannot have any sort of conversation with any of them