your : How many 'partners' is too many?!

just looking for opinions.. i'm wondering how many sex partners it takes for someone to be considered easy, slutty, etc.

Some of my friends can't remember all of the names of the people they have slept with, or count them on two hands, while others are still virgins and disapprove of their behavior.

Just makes me think.. what if I think i'm in love a few more times and have sex with a few more people? Then will my number be too high? People seem to judge others by their number. Should there be limits? or does it not matter when your in love?

I think this is a VERY relative thing. I have more responsible leaning friends who do the FWB thing, others who have drunken hookups, and others who chose to wait until they got married first. I'd be curious to know what other people post in answer to this. The potential for disease is what concerns me. Of course, someone could have only had one partner and caught an STD.

I'd say 73.499 partners per ten year period beginning at 18 with a 4.76 percent increase each decade. Of course, there are others with different opinions.

Much better to have too many sex partners than too many pounds on your body.

There is no number that is too high. It all depends on the guy now and whether we are looking for the same thing. I just posted in another thread about this. I'd never judge someone based upon their past.

Once people hit their 30s, numbers don't matter anymore. At that point everybody's got baggage or history of some sort. One person might have a high number whereas another may have had a messy divorce.

It's nobody's business anyway. A recent STD screen is really all you owe a partner, not an inventory of past sexual encounters.

Once people hit their 30s, numbers don't matter anymore. At that point everybody's got baggage or history of some sort. One person might have a high number whereas another may have had a messy divorce.

It's nobody's business anyway. A recent STD screen is really all you owe a partner, not an inventory of past sexual encounters.

Amen. I was admittedly promiscuous (with an open marriage and extensive swinging) hitting triple-digits in my 20s. But after the age of 25, every relationship I had was 100% monogamous and the subsequent 20 years of sexual activity was a mere fraction of what I experienced in my youth.

I have yet to date or get involved with anyone who cares what I did 25 years ago and the numbers are irrelevant as long as we are both healthy.

SincereOnlineGuy
I'd say 73.499 partners per ten year period beginning at 18 with a 4.76 percent increase each decade. Of course, there are others with different opinions.

Much better to have too many sex partners than too many pounds on your body.

That's what I was about to say!

Then I thought to maybe go with "3" - exactly three

But after that I contemplated that perhaps the correct answer is

"the same number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop"

(oh, wait, I think an owl once made that redundant)

As said previously it mainly depends on the guy/gal.

I was seeing a lass who was 22/23, lost her virginity at 17 or so and had slept with over 40 people... to me, that was far too much.

It actually showed in her lack of consideration towards the way she treated guys or more to the point me.

There were lots of other red flags that I failed to acknowledge and paid the price for it too...

The past makes you the person you are today, so statements about "the past is the past & it doesn't matter" confuses me....????

No offence, but I wouldn't date someone like CarrieT for example.

To me sex is something special, not a sport or something to do just for the sake of it.

insertnamehere

My best single month was four, with two at one time.

I figure, I've had a life before I meet whoever ends up being The One. I presume she has not lived in a monastery, either.

Symetrical-Siren

Seriously, in the animal kingdom it is NOT that serious. When animals go into HEAT, they just hump whatever mate is available to accommodate. There's no drama. So why should it be any different for us, especially if you're practicing safe sex ?

Just enjoy it while you can. Some people can't even have sex at all, or without the use of some drug manufactured by Merck-Medco or Pfizer - let's not forget those "get it up" drugs come with about a dozen unpleasant side effects too.

Enjoy your life, and don't let others judge you. If someone is going to say that number from your past partners is too high, then they are the one's at a loss. Not you.

Edited by Symetrical-Siren
correction