Abosulte Deal Breaker

xoxoDaniellexoxo

That's my dad now lol! He has shrunk a little! Honestly I actually like guys who don't tower over me, it's a little awkward when someone is almost half a foot taller than me.

Thanks Dani, you're such a sweetie.

• Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo
Thanks Dani, you're such a sweetie.

:love: thanks I try! And no one has ever called me Dani, lol, even my parents. My brother said it when he wanted to piss me off. Everyone else though always seems to call me Dani or I have even got Dan, or D. Sorry I am random.

Girlygirl1977
haha....ME? Are you serious? Most progressive countries in the world have laws against racism for a reason. You can go to jail if you actually promote such thoughts. Apparently it's not only me who think that way. And give me ONE good reason why races should be treated differently and why someone should have to stay within their own race. Even biologically, children of multiple races are more in advantage compared to children of one race.

On a side note, I can't believe I'm discussing racism in 2011. I have never ever encountered this in real life. I mean, I hear people say that they don't like a specific culture or don't find a specific race sexually attractive all the time but trying to defend racism? seems like it goes against the morals of at least every person I've talked to so far in my life.

I've seen this guy spew a lot on this forum and I think he may have been a previous poster named Mr. Cairo. When he explained he is Russian, it helped explain more about his background. Check out Russian history and look at how they have dealt with people e.g. Jews etc. That should help you probably understand what has carved his outlook. . .which is not a positive thing. Germany went the other way and the people are a lot more reflective post-WWII and have somewhat of a guilty complex (not that that is 100% great either).

Tolerance is very different in Northern Europe etc. vs. Russia. I think you will see where I'm going. . .It helps explain a lot. But given that FGM lives in Canada now, it must be pretty hard as it is closer to N. Europe in its tolerance level there. . .

In the end, I guess all I'm saying - I wouldn't waste my energy on him. It's deep, deep in there and cultural in a way.

Edited by Girlygirl1977
WhiteChocolate

Dealbreakers:

Physically unattractive to me. Short + buff is okay, as well as tall + skinny. But short + skinny is a nono and tall + too buff intimidates me.

A personality that makes me angry or turned off, for example being needlessly rude. :sick:

Lazy, inactive, pessimistic. I'm a very upbeat person and I have conflicts with people who always look at the dark side of things, and aren't willing to proactively go seek out fun and friendship.

And just as a random aside....

*meekly raises hand* I have dated interracially...but not culturally. I'm an Asian-American. :)

*flameshield on*

Girlygirl1977

I had a typo. I meant to say that Feelsgoodman and his spewing appears to have been done also as Mr.Cairo (no space between words). I believe that's his doppelgänger (if you look up the posts, style is identical).

Feelsgoodman = Mr.Cairo

I think he likely annoyed quite a few people perhaps and then changed to another name so he would be seen as a fresh new person.

• Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo
I had a typo. I meant to say that Feelsgoodman and his spewing appears to have been done also as Mr.Cairo (no space between words). I believe that's his doppelgänger (if you look up the posts, style is identical).

Feelsgoodman = Mr.Cairo

I think he likely annoyed quite a few people perhaps and then changed to another name so he would be seen as a fresh new person.

Sounds like some alias CSI plot line lol!

sabresfanwp7

My deal-breakers:

- Openly discriminatory - openly racist, homophobic, etc.

- No sense of time - I'm cool if you're 15 minutes late or at least call ahead to tell me you're running late, but anything more...yeah, just don't bother.

- No sense of adventure/wanting to be out in the world - I dated a girl for a while, who told me that she never wanted to live anywhere outside the state (Texas).

- Awkward and overly close relationship with your parents - The same girl I mentioned in the last deal-breaker got a Facebook wall post from her mom. Every. Single. Day.

- Always suspicious of my motives - Sometimes, I will get a gift for whoever I'm dating just because. I have the gift of giving good gifts. I hate it when I get someone something, and they bring up reasons not to take it.

- Your tattoos are larger than my fingers.

- Your clothes and piercings have more of a personality than you.

- Short hair. I have seen it pulled off, but it is few and far between IMO.

- Being overweight to the point of obesity. I'm not the fittest guy around either, but someone who shuns physical activity of any kind is just not attractive to me at all.

I'm a 23-year old African-American male who's dated interracially, and never dated another African-American woman until this year. That's growing up in the suburbs for ya.

Edited by sabresfanwp7
  • Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo
My deal-breakers:

- Openly discriminatory - openly racist, homophobic, etc.

- No sense of time - I'm cool if you're 15 minutes late or at least call ahead to tell me you're running late, but anything more...yeah, just don't bother.

- No sense of adventure/wanting to be out in the world - I dated a girl for a while, who told me that she never wanted to live anywhere outside the state (Texas).

- Awkward and overly close relationship with your parents - The same girl I mentioned in the last deal-breaker got a Facebook wall post from her mom. Every. Single. Day.

- Always suspicious of my motives - Sometimes, I will get a gift for whoever I'm dating just because. I have the gift of giving good gifts. I hate it when I get someone something, and they bring up reasons not to take it.

- Your tattoos are larger than my fingers.

- Your clothes and piercings have more of a personality than you.

- Short hair. I have seen it pulled off, but it is few and far between IMO.

- Being overweight to the point of obesity. I'm not the fittest guy around either, but someone who shuns physical activity of any kind is just not attractive to me at all.

I'm a 23-year old African-American male who's dated interracially, and never dated another African-American woman until this year. That's growing up in the suburbs for ya.

When you say short hair do you mean like a pixie or like chin length?

sabresfanwp7
When you say short hair do you mean like a pixie or like chin length?

Sorry for not being precise. Having hair like mine (cm high, curly) is automatic dealbreaker. It's a case by case basis kind of thing. I love the girls on ****yeahgirlswithshorthair.tumblr.com.

• Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo
This is just too rich coming from an American of all people :laugh:. Check out your own history and look at how you treated the natives...not to mention blacks, "wetbacks" and all sorts of other people. And speaking of the Jews, when Hitler invaded Russia, the Soviet government evacuated Jews away from the frontline areas and temporarily resettled them in other parts of the country (some of my relatives were among those evacuees). Meanwhile, American embassies refused entrance visas to Jewish refugees trying to flee from Nazi-occupied countries. So maybe you should keep your mouth shut since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Ok I will say this much no nation has a perfect squeaky clean history except possibly madagascar and sswitzerland, but I will say this much about the whole Hitler arrugment, Stalin killed more people overall. I don't agree with how anyone handled the situation in WWII but I won't get into a political argument because everyone has the right to an opinoin. When it comes to this much however many of what you said about culture vs race is incorrect and I know this because I have a minor in pyschology and sociology as well since now they are linked in a lot of ways, most classes are actually called social pys or the pysc of (insert group). On a lighter note, everyone has an opinoin and allow I may not agree with everyone we can all agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I think making a list of absolute deal breakers is silly. If some one is no fun thats the deal breaker. One persons deal breaker is another’s fantasy.

skelterhelter

-- Alcohol/drug users. I won't bitch about someone who has a drink here and there, but anything more than that just won't fly.

-- Alpha Males

-- Sports junkie. I'd just have nothing in common with them.

-- Political/Religious extremist

-- Doesn't like animals

-- Sexual prude. I like someone with a kinky side ;)

-- Selfish (no "give and take" in the relationship).

-- Immature. I like someone who is fun, but immaturity is just a turn-off.

-- Overall mean-spirted, bigoted attitude is a no go.

Girlygirl1977
This is just too rich coming from an American of all people :laugh:. Check out your own history and look at how you treated the natives...not to mention blacks, "wetbacks" and all sorts of other people. And speaking of the Jews, when Hitler invaded Russia, the Soviet government evacuated Jews away from the frontline areas and temporarily resettled them in other parts of the country (some of my relatives were among those evacuees). Meanwhile, American embassies refused entrance visas to Jewish refugees trying to flee from Nazi-occupied countries. So maybe you should keep your mouth shut since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Mr. Cairo - I was born outside of the U.S. and moved here at a young age. I have also lived outside the U.S. since then. So I tend to look at things in a very different way. I don't need to keep my mouth shut - You are in your 20s and tell people off all the time in a very condescending way. You don't know much about my background at all and I will keep it that way because I prefer to be discreet online. Some other posters know more about me because I've communicated offline.

I have friends of all types including Russians and ex-USSR (Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus). So your thoughts about me knowing nothing are also false.

I was speaking to a Russian, Jewish friend the other week and there is a reason here in NY the Russian Jewish contingent doesn't really link with the non-Jewish contingent. If you are Jewish, then it is surprising that you are so intolerant and nasty to others on this forum. Your nastiness continues in your tone to me. I'm going to bow out as Feelsgoodman/Mr.Cairo, you are from a different world than mine and it's a hateful one which I see no reason to indulge in. Being hateful generally doesn't lead to happiness - I see no benefit.

Goodnight in Canada Mr. Cairo/Feelsgoodman. Mr. Cairo made it clear he was white as you should know.

Btw my education is top of line - both my bachelor's and grad degree are from top 3 ranked schools. I do think people who go elsewhere are also intelligent but I am just responding as you went to your regular insulting tone. I hope you can find some peace in your life to accept people more. Anger and hatred is not a good thing and doesn't lead to positive things.

Edited by Girlygirl1977
  • Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo
Oh, so you known everything because you have a minor in psychology and sociology...very impressive :laugh:. Too bad history was not on the curriculum, for you are apparently unaware that Stalin wasn't even a Russian. And what does WWII have to do with anything anyway? You guys are too much.

WWII has a lot to do with it since you are referring to Hitler, who was in power during that time and Stalin was in power as well. You are correct he was techinically not Russian but during the war the "Soviet Union" occupied what was his native country, and it is also said that Hitler had a Jewish family member, as far as I know sitll not concrete evidence, so to be honest he was a hypocrite. And correction I never said I know everything in fact I admit I do not because psychology and sociolgy, pretty much every subject is constantly changing.

You missed what the point of my message was it was not to say that someone is more at fault or that one group of people is bad or anything close to that, but it was to say that this is a forum and that if you don't want to date outside a certain group that is fine, that is your choice and it does not affect me.

I think you are not completly at fault nor is another party, but can't we all respectfully agree to disagree?

OnyxSnowfall

Russian history is fascinating.

My maternal great grandparents (and maternal grandmother) were from Czechoslovakia (when it was still considered such). I didn't quite grasp exactly what "bloodline" they were until I started studying Russian history as a college course...

Very brutal it is... personally I think the Mongol Invasions inspired a lot of Russia's darkness and that much of the more demented Tsars were, in ways, products of the aftermath --- at the very least, the oppression and torture methods that were introduced to them through the Tatar did impact much of Russia darkly...

In any case... yes, much of history --- through-out many races and cultures --- is strewn together with brutality, serfdom, malice, hate, lust, blood, etc.

I digress.

As silly as I find Feelsgoodman, I definitely don't think him being "Russian" is a "no wonder he seems so racist" kind of thing... it's a "human" thing and it's comes from a very undeveloped source --- a rudimentary way of being.

Even still, in places where one has the freedom to choose who they couple with and or sleep with --- they also have the right to judge their romantic prospects etc, based on gender, religion, race, hobbies --- whatever. They don't "have" to share their body, resources and time with anyone they don't want to and they shouldn't be shamed into thinking they should try to overlook something if it really displeases them... so what if it's someone's race or their past behavior... I certainly am not offended if someone prefers a race I am not, and I wouldn't be offended if they didn't want to give me a chance because of my past either ---

it's better to know these things upfront.

for everyone involved.

• Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo
Sorry for not being precise. Having hair like mine (cm high, curly) is automatic dealbreaker. It's a case by case basis kind of thing. I love the girls on ****yeahgirlswithshorthair.tumblr.com.

Got it!! I was like I have short hair lol! But mine is a little longer than my chin and honestly until this year it was long but it went to locks of love and takes way less time in the morning! I would have to say I would feel strange with hair that short though because I have a more square jaw, thanks dad, so I need something that actually frames it.

• Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo

My maternal great grandparents (and maternal grandmother) were from Czechoslovakia (when it was still considered such). I didn't quite grasp exactly what "bloodline" they were until I started studying Russian history as a college course...

Very brutal it is... personally I think the Mongol Invasions inspired a lot of Russia's darkness and that much of the more demented Tsars were, in ways, products of the aftermath --- at the very least, the oppression and torture methods that were introduced to them through the Tatar did impact much of Russia darkly...

In any case... yes, much of history --- through-out many races and cultures --- is strewn together with brutality, serfdom, malice, hate, lust, blood, etc.

I digress.

As silly as I find Feelsgoodman, I definitely don't think him being "Russian" is a "no wonder he seems so racist" kind of thing... it's a "human" thing and it's comes from a very undeveloped source --- a rudimentary way of being.

Even still, in places where one has the freedom to choose who they couple with and or sleep with --- they also have the right to judge their romantic prospects etc, based on gender, religion, race, hobbies --- whatever. They don't "have" to share their body, resources and time with anyone they don't want to and they shouldn't be shamed into thinking they should try to overlook something if it really displeases them... so what if it's someone's race or their past behavior... I certainly am not offended if someone prefers a race I am not, and I wouldn't be offended if they didn't want to give me a chance because of my past either ---

for everyone involved.

^^ what i was trying to say but he ignored!!

Girlygirl1977

I digress.

for everyone involved.

I agree with all you said - I also barely post but I see so many of his ugly, condescending posts all over the place (not just here tied to dating outside your race which I agree not all should want). It drove me to respond but I'm on board with your post as well and appreciate it.

I digress.

for everyone involved.

Your post made me think of a turn off but not an absolute deal breaker. People who go around calling things "racist." It's so anoying.

Thanks for proving my point and again demonstrating that you indeed have no clue what you're talking about. Your comment about "contingents" is particularly telling of your ignorance. I don't care what ranking your school got....going there clearly wasn't a cure for you narrow-mindedness. Seeing how you have deep-seeded biases against certain ethnic groups (that you are not even trying to hide), it's hilariously hypocritical that you would accuse anyone else of "intolerance". Everything you write is just one big joke.

Why don’t you learn the golden rule? We’re all hypocrites in one or another. A good joke is the best. In order have any opinion a person will invariably be wrong. Still better to do something then nothing. Doing nothing now that’s a deal breaker. Seriously a girl could tell me she believes all penis’s need to be chewed and chopped and that could be entertaining. Give a girl who just does and says what ever some bully wants and I’d be turned off. Enjoy her fire!

Girlygirl1977
Thanks for proving my point and again demonstrating that you indeed have no clue what you're talking about. Your comment about "contingents" is particularly telling of your ignorance. I don't care what ranking your school got....going there clearly wasn't a cure for you narrow-mindedness. Seeing how you have deep-seeded biases against certain ethnic groups (that you are not even trying to hide), it's hilariously hypocritical that you would accuse anyone else of "intolerance". Everything you write is just one big joke.

I'm out of here. I was saying that if you have some biases, it might be tied to some of the Russian history as I am trying to understand where some of the things come from - who is this person. I still don't get it - and definitely will not try to make sense of you and your overall views and style on here. I don't think all Russians are racist or a certain way and I wrote it more quickly so that it came out that way. I have both Jewish and non-Jewish Russian friends who do not fit that.

Everything you don't agree with is a big joke and the person must shut up. Get over yourself buddy. I don't think I'm the best because of my school - I was just giving info on my education bc you dismiss everyone so quickly as you are doing with me.

No point continuing this - your mode and method remains the same. I've got to preserve my sanity. I hope the coming years mature you.

• Author
xoxoDaniellexoxo
Why don’t you learn the golden rule? We’re all hypocrites in one or another. A good joke is the best. In order have any opinion a person will invariably be wrong. Still better to do something then nothing. Doing nothing now that’s a deal breaker. Seriously a girl could tell me she believes all penis’s need to be chewed and chopped and that could be entertaining. Give a girl who just does and says what ever some bully wants and I’d be turned off. Enjoy her fire!

Your post literally made me bust out into laughter!!

Girlygirl1977
I don't judge me people on their claimed academic criteria. I judge them based on what they write in their posts. And if you make yourself look like a fool in your posts (by implying that being Russian automatically makes one an anti-semite, among other things)...well, then in the absence of evidence to the contrary, I'm left to assume that you are indeed a fool.

You speak as the person who assumed I'm American and also that my politics are liberal etc.

Ciao. We are all hypocrites and you know our politics and country of origin -not sure how. Im saying this with sarcasm. You are certainly faultless and are the one to decide on intelligence. Ciao.

Deal breakers for me...

1) If I'm not attracted and

2) If they are not what I'm looking for.

That's really about the jist of it.

To elaborate...

3) Not serious about relationships, just looking to 'screw around'.. in other words, players, a**holes, womanizers, etc.

It's extremely unattractive. The ONLY thing those guys have going for them are their looks, and that's not enough. And the majority of the time, they are not even as "hawt" as they or everyone else seems to make them out to be.

I expect an attractive nice guy.

I will not settle for less.