Should my long term boyfriend always pay?

Nicole1590

A smart woman will look for a man who is willing to bid the highest for her while a smart man will look to get as many women as his money can afford.

Honestly OP, its none of your parents damn business. How ya'll pay for the dates isn't their concern. I get their POV, but dial the knob back a few notches.

Do like you were, split the bills or switch off an on. Also if you are both trying to save money, quit spending it by going out to places. Simply find cheaper/free ways to spend time together.

It's a mountain out of a molehill.

Just like a relationship is supposed to be 50/50. My boyfriend makes 10k more than me a year but we split everything. I'll pay for a meal and he'll pay for the next. We only eat out a couple times a week and will go see an occasional movie so I find nothing wrong with splitting things. He has to worry about finances just as much as I do and he shouldn't have to take on that burden alone.

My brother once had a girlfriend who expected him to pay for EVERYTHING. Ended up breaking his bank. He was constantly broke. I never want to put my significant other in that position. He works hard for his money.