Long distance - hot surprise outfit ideas

Hi

I am in a long distance relationship. We have to fly to see each other.

A while ago my boyfriend told me a story about a couple in a long distance relationship: The girl picked up her boyfriend from the airport wearing a coat and nothing under it. He brought up this story a couple of times before his last visit. He had mentioned before that he would like me to be sexually more open. I think he was hoping that I’d pick him up wearing nothing under my coat.

I did not do that and I think he was disappointed. I have felt not as connected to him after that visit. Now, I regret that I have not picked up on his hint. I am going to visit him and would like to make up for it. But this time I fly so a coat with nothing under it won’t work. Any ideas for a hot surprise outfit that I can wear on my trip to see him?

Thank you for any ideas!!!

How about a tight white t-shirt or vest top (with or without bra ;))

My SO once mentioned how much he loves to see women in tight white t-shirts because it leaves the minimum to the imagination whilst still being 'fully clothed'.

I've worn a tight white t-shirt/vest top to meet him ever since (at his airport or mine) and he's a happy man! :D

How about a tight white t-shirt or vest top (with or without bra ;))

My SO once mentioned how much he loves to see women in tight white t-shirts because it leaves the minimum to the imagination whilst still being 'fully clothed'.

I've worn a tight white t-shirt/vest top to meet him ever since (at his airport or mine) and he's a happy man! :D

Let's see some pics, LT! haha jk! I would want my SO to wear a very, very, very, very short skirt if she picked me up at the airport or if we met somewhere. BTW she has FANTASTIC legs! :D

Let's see some pics, LT! haha jk! I would want my SO to wear a very, very, very, very short skirt if she picked me up at the airport or if we met somewhere. BTW she has FANTASTIC legs! :D

Haha! Not a chance! :p

Interesting that a short skirt would be your choice based on your SOs fantastic legs.

In light of that admission, it makes sense that my SO wants me to wear a tight white t-shirt! ;):laugh:

So there's your answer 2far - wear something that shows off your best assets, or at least the assets that your boyfriend admires the most. :)

There's an episode of Modern Family where the coat idea doesn't end well. Suggest that when in public you wear at least underwear under the coat.

• Author

Thank you

@Little Tiger: I am slim but don’t have a “best” feature – my legs are ok my upper body too (if you are happy with small)

I think I have to go a little further than just wearing something flattering.

@creighton0123: Have seen that episode – actually maybe my SO got his idea there?

Thank you

@Little Tiger: I am slim but don’t have a “best” feature – my legs are ok my upper body too (if you are happy with small)

I think I have to go a little further than just wearing something flattering.

@creighton0123: Have seen that episode – actually maybe my SO got his idea there?

Of course you have a best asset - you definitely have more than one asset that your boyfriend admires! ;)

I wasn't talking about wearing something 'flattering', I was saying 'show off'! There's a big difference.

If you're keen on the no clothes under your coat idea, why not dress comfortably for the flight and then undress in the toilets before you go through the arrivals gate - although if you're travelling to a different country, just be careful you don't get pulled to one side by immigration!!!

To be honest, I think your boyfriend will be (should be!) so pleased to see you that he doesn't care what you're wearing. :)

• Author

I don't necessarily want to the the coat thing - do something more unexpected --- plus it will be warm where he lives.

I really want to do something - I know he should be happy in any case but I want to do something special

2far,

What people imagine in their mind is often more of a turn-on than what they see.

Buy yourself some sexy underwear or a thong. Tell him you went shopping at Victoria's Secret and it's up to him to discover *your* secret.

Or, wear no underwear whatsoever. Tell him you're going "commando." If he doesn't know what that is, tell him to look it up.

I guarantee either way he'll "be happy to see you" either way. :cool:

Best,

TMichaels

• Author

@ Little Tiger: Ok maybe I have a best feature I think it is my legs, but I think my boyfriend thinks it is my chest – even though it is small

@TMichaels: I know that there are other ways to go about this but I want to try this – I don’t want to look back and regret not having tried it and make this work – does this make sense – better try and fail than be to coward to even try?

• Author

I am still open to other ideas besides a dress but I have two dresses in mind

The first dress is very short and tight. Made from a thin but dense stretch cotton material. It is dark blue has long sleeves and a high neckline in the front a little lower in the back.

It very tight and I think it is possible to tell if I am braless. It is a dress to go out at night.

I have worn it out before with my boyfriend but with a bra under it. I thought I thought about going braless and maybe even w.o. underwear?

The second dress is a white summer dress with a blue pattern light rayon material. I just bought it and have never worn it. It comes down to a couple of inches above the knee. It is backless except for a 1 inch strap going up the middle, the strap splits behind the neck. The two straps come over the shoulders / neck to hold up the front of the dress. The front has a V cut. It covers my breasts but gives a hint of cleavage. The front is slightly loose and when I move it can expose something – down the front or on the sides. I thought of wearing a shawl to cover up the back during the flight.

Edited by 2far
  • Author

I am still open to other ideas besides a dress but I have two dresses in mind

The first dress is very short and tight. Made from a thin but dense stretch cotton material. It is dark blue has long sleeves and a high neckline in the front a little lower in the back.

It very tight and I think it is possible to tell if I am braless. It is a dress to go out at night.

I have worn it out before with my boyfriend but with a bra under it. I thought I thought about going braless and maybe even w.o. underwear?

The second dress is a white summer dress with a blue pattern light rayon material. I just bought it and have never worn it. It comes down to a couple of inches above the knee. It is backless except for a 1 inch strap going up the middle, the strap splits behind the neck. The two straps come over the shoulders / neck to hold up the front of the dress. The front has a V cut. It covers my breasts but gives a hint of cleavage. The front is slightly loose and when I move it can expose something – down the front or on the sides. I thought of wearing a shawl to cover up the back during the flight.

I thought I thought about going braless and maybe even w.o. underwear?

Definitely go without the underwear. Then let him know once you are in the car together...

Definitely go without the underwear. Then let him know once you are in the car together...

This would also go along with the "very,very,very,very short skirt" idea :D

@TMichaels: I know that there are other ways to go about this but I want to try this – I don’t want to look back and regret not having tried it and make this work – does this make sense – better try and fail than be to coward to even try?

I don't think you read what I wrote. Wearing sexy underwear or no underwear at all *is* doing something. My point is that you don't have to be *obvious* in order to turn someone on with what you're wearing. A little suggestion goes a long way.

Which makes me wonder...

Have you and your BF been intimate? I'm beginning to think that perhaps you haven't given your responses.

If that's the case, you might to re-think this whole thing. Not fair to him to get him "all hot and bothered" if you aren't going to go through with things all the way AND not fair to you to feel pressured to "be more sexually open" if that's not within your comfort zone.

Bottom line: Don't do this if it's only to make your BF happy -- or if you're only doing it "to hang on to your man."

Just a bad idea all around. If he doesn't love and care for you just as and for who you are -- he doesn't deserve you and you don't deserve the disrespect. Hope you'll think about that...

Best,

TMichaels

• Author

We have been intimate. We have been together for 3 months before he moved.

I know that I cannot force him to love me but I want to know that I did everything I can

and I also do this for me: to explore myself and to show myself that I am open to new experiences

does this make sense?

what do you think about the dresses?

I vote for the second dress but I am ALWAYS freezing on airplanes, so I suggest you bring some clothes for the flight and no underwear is good :p I know my boyfriend would go crazy !!!

One thing I have learned after flying in to see my babe many times, is that there is always a woman's restroom in the terminal that you get off your plane at. Remember, he will NOT even see you when you exit the plane, until you leave the secured gate area. Stopping in here will give you the chance you need to "prepare" yourself for him, wether its changing into different clothes from your carry on, putting on makeup, freshening up, etc...He will not be able to see you until you leave the terminal and go to baggage claim, and that portion of the airport..so take this opportunity to prepare yourself before he even knows you have arrived. take this info and decide, wear on the plane, or wait till you get to your destination and use the ladies room to change into what you want to surprise him with :)

Whichever dress you choose OP, wear nude high heels, the tallest you can manage comfortably.

They make one's legs look a mile long.

You'll turn heads. Trust me.

• Author

Thank you these are useful thoughts.

Any more ideas/thoughts are really appreciated.

I thought about hinting at something to increase the anticipation but I still want to reserve a surprise element - so I have to do it in a clever way

Thank you

My own thoughts, which you may not appreciate, are that you're trying too hard and setting a precedent - one that may be difficult to live up to.

In an LDR I think it's unwise to over-sexualise each reunion. If you love each other and you've been separated for a while, the excitement of being reunited is/should be enough in itself.

To me, over-sexualising the reunion demeans it somehow. By all means, look your 'hottest', but I would save the 'no underwear' thing for the following night.

Just my opinion. :)

• Author

Thank you Little Tiger !!

You are very insightful and probably right.

But right now I feel so out of control and want to do something.

Preparing the surprise – thinking about it (including these posts) make me feel empowered.

I know that this will not fix any of our problems but it gives me the sense that I am doing something and that I am willing to leave my comfort zone.

Does this make sense?