men who cry

Mangomonkey

First of all, L-O-L! Whadda loser! He had all that time to wipe his tears and calm down but still ran to his girlfriend crying like a lil bitch? Pathetic.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with men crying, it's just the manner he did it in wasn't very man-like. He ran to his girlfriend like she was his mom or something. Not cool. She should've smacked the crap out of him.

agreed.

i cried at my grandfather's funeral. last time the dentist shot me with novocaine she went too far and hit both a nerve and the back side of the tooth at the same time, that got one tear out of me. when i dislocated my knee, they got a few out of me while popping it back into the socket in the emergency room.

outside of that i'm not gonna cry over much. i sure as hell am not gonna cry over a bike and 20 bucks.

it's not the fact that he's upset, it's that he CAN'T DEAL WITH IT. he's a man, he's supposed to rationalize things that happen to him and handle it. bursting into tears is NOT a rational response to a problem.

I cried when Doc Gooden pitched a no-hitter for the Yankees after problems with drugs nearly K.O.ed his career. They have K.O.ed his life since but I was a big Dr. K fan when he was a NY Met. Then he had his drug fall and came back with the Yankees to pitch a no-hitter. At the time it was a redemption for such a New York City favorite that I think anyone with heart shed a tear that night. He seemed like such a good guy and just couldn't leave the crack alone.

LOL, he's lucky she didn't leave after finding out he is a total p*ssy.

Robbed at gun point, you can't do **** until they leave. Once they do, hop in the car and go GTA on them. Personally, I have a loaded gun in my car just for these types of situations. But that's me....I'm very boss. I don't like to have some hoodrat c*cksucka take anything from me without risking his life and long-term well-being.

Oh come on all of us here cry. If you don't then there is something wrong with you tear glands. If you loose a love one to death, you can't tell me you don't cry. Gun point or being robbed or have your vehicle broken into like a stolen radio that happen to me once. I was so mad that my new Panasonic Radio was gone long with my dub cassette I just made. So to me if you go home crying if you just lost your job or wallet with the rent money in it your spouse or girl friend should comfort you instead of calling you a sissy! Shame on her!

LOL, he's lucky she didn't leave after finding out he is a total p*ssy.

Robbed at gun point, you can't do **** until they leave. Once they do, hop in the car and go GTA on them. Personally, I have a loaded gun in my car just for these types of situations. But that's me....I'm very boss. I don't like to have some hoodrat c*cksucka take anything from me without risking his life and long-term well-being.

Exactly. Or better yet, after you hand them your wallet, while they are distracted with it in their hands....

"I was in fear for my life, Officer"

I carry an XDm .40...it'll do.

Forever Learning

There's alot of good points made here for either side of the argument. I was thinking about my young sons and if I should discourage them from crying. So far I haven't discouraged them from crying, except when it becomes really excesive. At ages 7 and 3, that does happen sometimes.

Crying is a great release, and a healthy one. It really helps to cry now and then.

On the other hand, there is the biology of men trying to appear strong and in control. Doing so is helpful to men in most aspects of their lives, both with women and in the business world.

If I were that guy who got robbed (I am a female writing this and speculating, by the way) - I might have gone someplace privately and cried if I had to, to get it out of my system.

And then after I got past that feeling, I would have pulled it together and calmed down, so when I told my girlfriend about the incident I could do so without tears and just be pissed off about it. He probably should have done that. He'll know better next time. Live and learn.

Or else he'll just lose the girl eventually, is all. We are alot like the animal kingdom. If he's not alpha enough for her, another alpha will eventually come along and she'll leave him for the other guy.

She doesn't want a crier. They may not be well suited for each other could be the main problem here, if she is intolerant of her man showing emotion in this manner she perceives as weakness. To each his own, its always different strokes for different folks. What one girl thinks is ok, another girl may not. Like water it's all self-leveling eventually, and it's all good in the long run.

But rule of thumb if you want to understand how men and women interact, it is alot like the animal kingdom and there is a certain amount of stereotyping that occurs that is attractive between the genders, its just innate biology although there is wiggle room in many cases.

I don't think there's anything to be gained by calling her names and saying she's a heartless b*tch, etc etc. We don't know all the dynamics of his previous behavior, he may be a real wuss and she had just reached her breaking point and grown sick of it and maybe that's why she seemed intolerant in this particular incident. Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back and she had grown tired of his general sniveling nature in life. It's hard to say without knowing their history for sure.

Even if she was cold about it when telling him to knock off the crying, that is who she is, it's her perogative. If he doesnt like the alpha IN HER, he might need to trade her in for a more understanding gentle submissive girl that isnt bothered by his crying over these type incidents in life. One things for sure, they will figure it all out sooner or later. If she lost enough respect for him, it wll be sooner when she leaves him in a couple months to his total dismay. Which might be for the best for them both anyway. Hard to say.

Edited by Forever Learning
Hmm... I don't know... I think it's admirable to show a vulnerability, and it can convey self-acceptance and be extremely attractive. My boyfriend has cried in front of me... and the "intellectual" understanding I had of it only seemed to induce a respect for him out of me.

You may very well be one of the exceptional women who has enough insight and control to stand apart from the reaction that I mentioned in my earlier post, but the fact that you are an exception speaks volumes. Most women just don't have a grasp of the mechanisms of their own attraction which means that they are unable to short-circuit them when the need arises. Thus, the vast majority of the sex will respond unfavorable to a man who sheds tears.