1 month and still dreaming of him

futuredentist

futuredentist

He still haunts my dreams.. I wake up so sad. He was my one and only and I was his. How could he throw away everything and leave me still dreaming of him. I know it was for the best, but I still think we are ment for each other. How do I get these dreams to stop? I even started dating other men and I still dream of my ex and still wish we were together (even though some of the men I have dated are way better looking and way more mature and educated). I just don't know what to do. I hate this.

It's a common theme here at LS and something I've had to deal with myself. It's horrible and it takes time. For some more than others. You just need to do your best to knock him from her mind and move on. Perhaps only time will heal.

Keep trudging forward, even when it's hard.

I am glad that you are open to dating other men, although if it has only been a month, I wouldn't expect you to find even the most amazing man all that appealing since you still have a lot invested in your ex. And, you've already been on multiple dates from the sound of it? Sometimes too much too soon can actually keep you from making progress. Be patient with yourself. Healing properly takes time.

What do you like to do for YOU? Get involved in something. I recommend exercise if you don't already. Exhaust yourself right out! You'll feel great and hopefully sleep like a baby.