How to not think that I have taught her a lesson

Jim Ryzle

I am currently attempting to no contact with a girl that i have unrequited love for.

But I am always one press of enter on my phone away from breaking it because I always have this glimmer of hope that she realizes that no contact hurt her and wants to reconsider, when in reality she doesn't seem to mind at all.

How can I let go of the feeling that I taught her a lesson and there is hope????

dont think about hope. just think you have standards. one of them is not to hang on to people that dont want you. and try to live up to your standards.

You need to remember the reason for NC is to help yourself in the long run, not to teach anyone a lesson.

The harsh reality is that when someone doesn't want you, there is absolutely nothing you can say or do to change their mind. Imagine someone that you feel completely indifferent about (not to be shallow, but imagine an obese girl that you have no interest in pursuing as anything more than a friend, if that). Could she say or do anything to change the way you TRULY feel about her?

Given this fact, is it worth using your time and energy to pursue her? I understand that this is much easier said than done... the heart often wants what the head knows you can't have.

Not as a tactic to try and get her, but merely as terms of closure for yourself, maybe you could write her a letter to explain why you can no longer continue to be in contact with her. If she's a nice girl then she'll at least respect you for it. Even if there is any hope there at all (don't count on it though), at least you won't look like a jerk for ignoring her.

Sorry mate, I hate dishing out harsh reality, but we're all going through similar situations.