Contacted by the ex one day before college starts.

Dubphonik

Yesterday, my alcoholic ex girlfriend calls me in the morning buzzing my phone non-stop. We have been broken up for 2 weeks after a one year relationship which we spent 24/7 with each other. She left me which isn't a bad thing cause she had many issues (Alcoholism, Drunkrexia, Bulimacy, Lying, Cheating, Flirting, Anger issues, Physical Abuse toward me, followed by Self Centered Selfishness). I was pretty much a caring nice guy stuck in an empty apartment with no friends or family to talk to. Anywho back to the calling. I answered cause now my work phone was getting blown up. I was like what? What do you want? She answered she has been trying to move on and can't. But doesn't want to be single anymore and misses me. But doesn't want to be with me. So hearing that I was like you have f'd me over pretty bad and I just want to move on, so leave me alone. Click. She starts to call crazily. I ignore them for an hour. Well now I'm getting facebook messages on my phone nonstop. She wants to hang out. I said no and for some stupid reason later I said agreed cause she started crying and begging. Well, stupid me, guess what? She blew me off saying it's too soon to see each other and I don't love you anymore. At this point I was like respect my wishes and please stop contacting me and stop contacting me while you are drunk. I know now this is just a stupid game. Today is my first day of college in 5 years. I start my 4 hour classes after my 8 hour shift at work. Full time work and full time school. I've tried to stay focus at work but it's so hard during the 2 weeks of the break up. I am not the one contacting my ex. She keeps getting drunk and contacting me. I'm horrible at no contact cause this terrible person somehow has my heart still racing when she calls out of the blue. Then when i answer and it's just painful again. I told her on facebook to block me since facebook wont let me block her for some weird reason. I think if I get another call I might change my number that I've had for 8 years. Does anyone else have any additional advice.

Edited by Dubphonik
HeartOfAPhoenix

changing your number is a good idea, if you don't want a new number you could go to your carrier and ask them to block her number (this should decrease the number of calls you get from her, just remember she will still know your number and could call from another phone).

As far as facebook goes you can do several things aside from blocking her (seems yours won't let you block her)

option 1: disable your facebook account for a while. The world still turns without facebook and this will be the equivalent to blocking her. but it's only temporary because you will reactivate your account in a month or so.

Option 1.5: (1.5 because you can combine this option with option 1) Delete her from your friends list (if she's there) and adjust your privacy settings so non friends cannot see any activity from you. If you do this correctly non friends will not be able to see your wall, comments, pictures, or friends list (I think they can still see your "likes" but not 100% positive on that). They will also not be able to message you.

Option 2: Make a new facebook account, email everyone on your friends list telling them that you made a new account and send them the link to your page. I would recommend adjusting your privacy settings like in 'option 1.5' but with this new account you should be able to block your ex.

Note about option 2: After making your new facebook page just leave your old profile alone. you could use that profile as a 'honey pot'. she will leave messages on the old profile but you will never see them (providing you never log in). After she leaves so many messages without you responding she will eventually get tired and stop completely.

Aside from agreeing to meet her I think you are well on your way.

Good Luck :)