Losing interest in BF after only 2.5 months, how can i regain it?

conehead

• Author

Maybe some time away from him will do you good, will help you reset your feelings towards him... Consider it.

May you elaborate what 'some time away' equates to? THanks

• Author
I've come to learn (and I could be wrong) that you can't just love/like everyone you meet; In other words, this is not something you can control.

Yes I learned that too...which is why I think this RS is ending soon

May you elaborate what 'some time away' equates to? THanks

Well, tell him the truth; Tell him you are very confused about him and the 2 of you and that you need some time alone to reassess things - which is what you really need actually, considering you are disgusted by the thought of kissing him.

• Author

Okay, so the breaking up has started.

I'm always the one who calls him in the past, but I purposely did not do that this whole week to see if he'd call. He did not. I texted him this morning telling him how strange we didn't talk on the phone all week and that he should call me at times to chat. He did not reply. 2 hours later I just felt sooo sick of this, like it was the turning point of it all and I just texted him 'sorry things aren't working out for us anymore. We should talk about it later.' He texted me back an hour later with 'sorry i was busy at work and didnt get chance to respond to your text. We should talk to clear things out.'

I didn't quite picture the breaking up to start like this, but maybe its a blessing in disguise as it forced me to start confronting him.

I'm not sure what to do later. I suppose I can tell him that it wasn't just the text this morning that has been bothering me, there are other things as well...

Should I suggest we finish the discussion when we see each other in person on Sunday? I'm thinking the official breakup should occur in person...not sure about doing it via phone will be right huh?

• Author

So..I broke up with him last night.

Right now, I don't miss him or feel heartbroken or anything. In fact, I feel relieved I don't have to spend Sunday with him anymore....I feel bad about hurting him, but I think I did the right thing. I can't force myself to feel something I don't anymore.

Cracker Jack

I know it's tough, but I think you did the right thing. It's clear you weren't happy in the relationship, so there was no point in continuing with it.

Mme. Chaucer

I'm sorry you are feeling like crap. I promise that will fade, and also that if you want to, you can have a relationship that offers you MUCH more than this one did.

• Author

Thank you CJ and Mme - I guess the crappy feeling comes mainly from the guilt, with him asking me if its possible i can regain those feelings that are now missing...I really don't think I can, and probably not sure if I really want to either given the nature of our RS.