do men like bigger girls?

confusedcarly

Confidence.

If you are insecure about your weight, lose it.

If you are confident about your weight, start prowling after the chubby chasers. There's a lot of them running around.

Forgive the cliché. Work with what you got. Better than wallowing in self pity.

My Gf is curvy. She is decidedly NOT heavy. They are different.

For sure. It was a sad day when the two became synonymous.

agreed the head...

Resist! Refuse to go with it... It's nonsense and state it as such!

it's like a false euphemism...

to make fat seem more acceptable. I pity the 1st guys who started answering ads for curvy girls and instead of Marilyn Monroe, they get Beth Ditto dearie me!

I know, a friend of mine said he advertised for curvy women and the women were surprised that he meant no larger than a size 12.

still.. usually men esp in their 20s prefer curvy women (or at least the ones that he can show to his friends proudly).

I always say personality comes first, and I do believe that. Many my girl friends are really attractive outside and inside but they are still having difficulties to get in relationship. Mostly always one sided love only while the boys try to get those skinny girly girl.

it sucks, but it's better to at least get thinner a bit, with the determination of not because the boys, but because it is really good for you to feel more beautiful with a little changes.

good luck! :)

Agreed, fat is not curvy. Curvy to me is nicely sized breast, a nice trim waist, good hips and a good sized booty. Think Beyonce, J.Lo, Shakira, Kim Kardashian, etc.

Even some tummy is sexy and curvy, but if it starts to even LOOK like it's gonna fold over, it's not good any more.

Not trying to be harsh, just fact.

Another fun fact; a lot of guys think pregnant women are sexy, particularly if they are big and round but NOT too fat.

Looking womanly and being a chubber are different things.

I have a little foody baby, but it's not folding over, just bloated out a little. :o Working on getting rid of that.

See, now I would just bite something like that.

For sure. It was a sad day when the two became synonymous.

I totally second this...I find it annoying myself...Just say a few extra pounds; it is very confusing when I've had female friends describe their friends as "curvy" or I've seen it online as body type "curvy" instead of a few extra pounds...hell...I've seen "average" used way off base online too

AmEricanWomann
I totally object to "curvy" being used as a synonym for heavy/fat or obese.

It's not the same at all...

I find it confusing/irritating when people interchange these terms for the sake of political correctness or "fat acceptance" ideology.

If you really accept fat, then call it what it is, don't minimise it;):):rolleyes: (lol), own it and work it, for goodness sake.

Redefining words, moving goalposts to suit our needs is disingenuous. IMO...

I agree and my experiences show that the two are very different. When I was over 300lbs I was fat, obese...but there are women that size who describe themselves as curvy. My waist was smaller than my hips, but a woman with a 44 inch waist and 65 inch hips isn't curvy, she's fat. I measured myself at my heaviest..yes, those were my actual measurements.

Now I'm between a size 8 and 10 depending on the clothes. Obviously I'm not stick slim, but my waist is now very small and my hips are well curvy. I also have um...I think the term is badankadonk, but if I was to describe myself as curvy online, alot of people might still picture a fat girl, since so many people now use the terms interchangeably. I feel for all the women who are still struggling with their weight. I'll always be the fat girl inside. Whenever an overweight woman dies from obesity related issues, I feel like it could have been me. But I have worked too darn hard to get from fat to curvy and its not fair that the term now has little meaning,

She said it best, though...

She could have just carried on, thinking black is white, hating reality, but she changed. And she is happy now, I am sooo pleased for this woman 200lbs? Wow, what an inspirational person, well done!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Thank you!:)

@cheergirl

If you type inside the 'QUOTE /QUOTE' boxes you're adding to someone elses quote.

If I wanted to use the term "fat" I would have. I wasn't associating curvy w/ fat. Curvy is curvy. Fat is obese/overweight. I prefer the term "overweight".

If weight became an increasing issue, specifically a heart issue. That would be different. When you say, "I would lose weight if my bf/husband wanted me to, if he thought I was too heavy and he wasn't attracted to me, and I loved him, why not?" That makes it sound as if it's an appearance issue, not a health issue. If he doesn't find a few extra lbs attractive that would lead me to think appearances are more important to him.

"Is being attractive to your SO sooo unimportant to you? I'm sure he'll be very happy to know that..."

I don't care at all. I never liked compliments regarding my appearance anyway. I take pride in the things I accomplish, not how I look.

ilikesunita
what am i suppose to do? lose weight so men fancy me?

Self-esteem should not be based on looks. In our society men do prefer slim women, but this does not mean all is lost.

I don't care at all. I never liked compliments regarding my appearance anyway. I take pride in the things I accomplish, not how I look.

Why not both? I take care of myself and expect my partner to do it too... Why do you not care what your bf thinks about how you look?

Do you not care how he looks either?

Do you both just not care about being appealing to each other?

Why do you distinguish making an effort in your appearance from accomplishments?

Even the most naturally beautiful supermodels must be well-groomed, clean to be attractive to their partners, but this is simply immaterial to you?

Best of luck to you both...Must be very liberating...