12 years and not even a proposal

Irishgal49

I guess I thought by now we would be married. I guess since my 23 year old daughter developed brain cancer, I view life differently. There are things that maybe werent as important then as they are now. What to do.

I guess I thought by now we would be married. I guess since my 23 year old daughter developed brain cancer, I view life differently. There are things that maybe werent as important then as they are now. What to do.

How's your daughter doing now?

I hope she's ok.

As for your problem - throughout the years with your partner, what was your stance on marriage? Were you both on the same page?

Have you discussed any of your feelings about marriage (as they are now) with you partner?

whereloveisnot

did your expectations change in that time? I know I was in a long-term relationship, and early on, I had no desire to get remarried to anyone and stated that. 8 or 9 years in, that changed, and I never got a proposal until I told him that I had changed my mind and marriage was on the table.

Lady vs Panda

Does he know that you have been wanting to get married, or does he think you're both happy with the way things are?

He has been faithful to you for 12 damn years! That's longer than many marriages these days. What more commitment do you want? Do you want a stake in half his money or what?