Have you smiled today?

In a world fulled of so much negative; we shouldn't let it get to us. I don't pretend to be the most happy-go-luckiest person in the world. On the contrary, I am can be very pessimistic. However I don't ever forget I am in this world for a reason and that I should do what is best to make me happy and help others as much as I can.

Whatever your view may be spirituality and religion wise - I am pretty sure a smile can always brighten your day. Even something as small as giving a nice "hello" to a passing neighbor. A smile can make someones day.

We can all sit here and list all of our downfalls and what we can do better in our lives.

However this thread will be only for the positives. Any little thing that makes you feel happy. A interesting story from your day.What you love about yourself. A quote. A accomplishment in your life. A joke - anything that may bring a smile to someone else.

• Like 5
  • Author

I will start and will try to post something every so often. Please feel free to join in:

I love my body because it is mine. It is something I worked for.

• Like 1

I have been smiling away at my daughter today. She got up before 10am and went on a mission to find a job. Without any prompting from me :)

I am so proud of her! She is not even bad anymore!!!! :laugh:

Take care,

Eve x

• Like 1

Q: What did the chicken egg say to the pot of boiling water?

A: It's going to take me a while to get hard, I got laid this morning.

• Like 2
  • Author
no i have not...YET!

Well the key word is yet so hopefully soon :)

Nice one @ Art

That is good, job hunting isn't fun so just getting up doing it is great @ Eve

I smile everytime I think of my dog, he lives with my dad but in five months he will be back with me @ Tman

Q: What did the chicken egg say to the pot of boiling water?

A: It's going to take me a while to get hard, I got laid this morning.

AWWWWEEEE YEAHHH! Using this one.

• Like 1

She is not even bad anymore!!!! this just made me smile :laugh:

and the fact that the A/C repairman solved our problem in less than 15 minutes after spending a night without cold air in this hot Texas funk ...

• Like 1
  • Author

I seen the smiling UPS guy today - he made me smile

• Like 1

I'm smiling now after reading a few threads. There are a lot of funny people here. I'm feeling a lot of love for the lasses of LS today too.

• Like 1

My ex (who it looks like I'm getting back with slowly) had a job interview today and texted me right after telling me how she did. I'm smiling firstly because she did well and secondly because she was thinking of me enough to text me right after.

She is not even bad anymore!!!! this just made me smile :laugh:

and the fact that the A/C repairman solved our problem in less than 15 minutes after spending a night without cold air in this hot Texas funk ...

:laugh:

Quank, I can't tell you how relieved I am!!!!!!!!!!!

We has a couple of hot days last week and the Country nearly collapsed. The British don't do extreme very well. Quite unnecessary..

Just sorting out her Prom at the mo... Formerly bad daughter of the year, maybe even decade went looking for dresses because I had to work today and has chosen one which she assures me is appropriate. I smiled my face off because she actually considered this aspect. A year ago, things would have been so much different! It would have been showdown time..

Telling ya, kids! If I had known about this **** .. it is highly likely that I would not have been a Mum!

I also smiled today because daughter number one (probably one of THE most perfect children EVER born on this earth) has arrived in Sweden safely for the summer. I know at some point this trip is going to cost me more money but hey.. she is happy and I am SO proud of her for being SO adventurous. I know she was crapping herself about the journey.

:)

Take care,

Eve x

• Like 1
I smiled at this thread.

Me, too :D

I smile a lot these days. I'm having a better time than I've had in a long while. Lots of things to smile about :):):) including catching up with old friends, making some progress with work, and checking out nice, new food places. I'm smiling at the thought of some good Indian food scheduled for Sunday, and I had the best miso soup in the world last night. I'll add an extra :D for that soup.

• Like 1

Long weekends make me smile=D

Fireworks make me smile too!! Looking forward to that on Monday!

Barbqs, friends, frosty beers, good food, and most of all the love of my family!!:D

• Like 1
Afishwithabike

I'm smiling because today is Friday and Monday is a holiday. I have three whole days of fun with family and friends. :)

• Like 1
What do you get when the pillsbury dough boy bends over?

Dough-Nuts!! :lmao:

Well played! Upsetting visual!

• Author
What do you get when the pillsbury dough boy bends over?

Dough-Nuts!! :lmao:

I wish I could only draw a picture of what I am actually seeing in my head after reading this.

whichwayisup

Smileface, your profile picture makes me smile! Reminds me too, of a book called GO THE F.ck to sleep! :laugh:

I'm smiling today, it's Canada Day for me! Having a fireworks celebration with all our neighbours later on tonight.

And, it was an absolutely beautiful sunny and warm day out, so that makes me smile.

Hmmmmm, I don't like Justin Bieber much, but I DO love his song (don't know why? Maybe I'm weird..lol) You smile, I smile.. Cheesy or what.

• Like 1

Quank, I can't tell you how relieved I am!!!!!!!!!!!

well, I frowned again BIG TIME when the dang thing froze up again and it was a hot funky night in the worst sense ... called the company back up at 8 a.m., they called back at 3 P.M. saying that they had a buttload of calls, couldn't get to us until Monday :mad:

so, DH called another (local) contractor a couple of hours ago and he fixed the problem in less than 20 minutes: The units kept freezing up because there was a thick layer of crud (think of a dark, smelly piece of felt) held in place by ice on the bottom of the unit that dumbass didn't find on his inpection yesterday :eek::eek::eek:

so, I'm a cool Quank again, and very, very happy – to the point where I've sang the company's praises on my FB page and have penned them a thank you letter! :love::love:

• Like 1

Fireworks!!! Yay!!!!!!

I love how well my GRE prep is coming along. I think I'll do well on the test come August.

• Like 1
  • Author

I smiled at the guy dancing in front of the drum player downtown.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I smiled at the patient at my office who told me she was so proud of me.

• Like 1