attention from global rock star months before my wedding!!

• Author

Haaaa!! If it was Sting I would have had no qualms in going along with it completely... I do love Sting... :laugh:

Since being direct about my fiance he has kept up the contact... and it's just getting more flirty... he's taken to emailing me as I lost my phone on Saturday.. he hasnt mentioned my music at all but is still name dropping all the places he is visiting...

The fact that he is continuing to tell me how he is thinking of me and how much he'd love to visit me despite knowing I am engaged just makes me realise what an idiot he is.

Things are feeling better...

I was telling a male mate of mine about this all the other day and he said... "this guy has the ideal job and a perfect lifestyle but he can't have you!! Proves how little fame is worth really." It's true isn't it..

and although it's bloody depressing thinking about them all jetting around the globe and drinking champagne while we are saving desperately just to get by... I have so many good friends and really strong roots here...

I think the turning point for me was realising that it had made my fiance jealous..and upset.. and also thinking, if I was continuing contact with this guy just in the hope of getting noticed musically.. then that is really pathetic, my music should be enough on its own.. if I used this guy to get ahead.. I would never really feel that I had made it through talent alone.. I also dont want to be indebted to him.. on any level...

x

hookershide
Am I the only one wondering who this global rock star is?

Waters.

He'd have to be big enough to travel regularly in his own plane. The Wall concert was playing in Paris at the right time. Older. Long-term girlfriend, but not married.

But then, I tend to be biased...

• Like 1
Forever Learning

believe it or not you dodged a bullet by calling it off with the rock star.

odds are you would have been hurt in the end.

my friend ran off with a rock star years ago and got hurt. they usually keep the long term girlfriend despite the lip service about what a b*tch she is.

You would have just been a toy.

he probably didn't have the integrity to appreciate what a great person you are. your boyfriend sounds like he is more likely to really love and appreciate you.

I dated several musicians, one of which toured with a fairly well known band.

They are a different breed indeed and the lifestyle is lots of drama and eventual hurt for the most part. it's just not real life, its a fantasy life.

the neat thing is you learned alot from the situation about yourself, your boyfriend, and your music!

awesome experience! glad you got to have that experience!

I'd normally suggest cutting contact with a man who might threaten your relationship with your fiance, but given that he's in a good position to help you advance your career, I'm not going to recommend that in this case. Maintain a friendship with him for business purposes, but avoid going beyond that - be up front about your engagement and don't get personally involved with him.

As others have said, remember that he's not a good relationship prospect; even if he was interested in you, he'd probably just date you for a while and then dump you. A professional musician is never going to commit to you, so save yourself the hassle; stick with your fiance and keep this other man solely as a business contact.

• Author

Forver Learning - You are so right. Who knows what could have happened. It certainly wouldn;t have been worth the risk. Who wants a man who is never home anyway? Jetting around the world sounds idyllic but you wouldnt be able to always go wirth him.. wouldnt even want to.. MAkes you appreciate what you have. Thanks for being so lovely. I've certainly learnt from it.

Eeyore - I thought the same initially. But on reflection..if he is only expressing interest in my music because of a sexual interest then surely his opinion is biased and insincere and he will stop supporting me musically when he realises nothing will happen sexually. I think it's safer to cut all ties. If I have what it takes musically I'll get there without his help.

• 3 weeks later...
this weewk we've slept together three times, which isnt a whole lot..but then some people dont even have that. And when we do nsleep together its always intersting and passionate and earth moving.. I used to be with a guy who made love 5 times a day!! So three times a week seems like nothing... and to be fair, on most weeks it's more. Having thought about it, the reason we dont make love on certain nights is purely because he is late home after a gig or rehearsal and we are both completely knackered..

I realised that if this guy's intentions are purely sexual then I cant value his opinion on my music. He'll end up just saying the nicest things to please me.. So it seemed wisest to admit to being in a relationship. As horrible as it sounds part of me didnt want to do that, because I thought I'd lose the chance of him helping me musically. But I cant lead him on just because I want to abuse his power!!

if anything this is making me realise how much I want to make it musically. It is also making me relaise that me and my fiance need more time together, fun times. Last night we had a wrestling match!! It was so funny.. we dresseed up in sexy costumes (mostly loincloths) and wrestled on the bed.. I won every time!! (Dont get me wrong.. I'm not a brute.. I'm a size 8-10 and weight much less than he does.. I'm just vicious!!;-) ) More times like this are needed I think... x

I think you aren't totally content in your relationship with your fiance. Are you sure you might not be settling?

Forver Learning - You are so right. Who knows what could have happened. It certainly wouldn;t have been worth the risk. Who wants a man who is never home anyway? Jetting around the world sounds idyllic but you wouldnt be able to always go wirth him.. wouldnt even want to.. MAkes you appreciate what you have. Thanks for being so lovely. I've certainly learnt from it.

Eeyore - I thought the same initially. But on reflection..if he is only expressing interest in my music because of a sexual interest then surely his opinion is biased and insincere and he will stop supporting me musically when he realises nothing will happen sexually. I think it's safer to cut all ties. If I have what it takes musically I'll get there without his help.

Is anyone this naive at the ripe old age of 28? OP sounds like a 15 yr old....

Your in a relationship with a person who doesn't match you, not even physically which is pathetic for a man...

He lets his size 8 gf kick his ass in wrestling?

Go for the rock star, just don't screw him, get to know him. see what he's like, he might be cool... Live your life, you are already bored, if you marry this guy your engaged to, you will be very unhappy. You can't fix him...

Why are you settling, it doesn't make you a better person, nor does living a lie...