Fiancee left me, im devastated

brokenheart2012

• Author
brokenheart2012

One other thing she pointed out when we spoke which is actually true....I was the one who changed our status on FB from engaged to single. She claimed she wasn't going to do that (who knows if that's the case). I did this only after I saw her deleting all of my posts to her wall, and all of our shared pictures as I refreshed her page, and I already saw the handwriting on the wall. I was pissed, so I removed the engaged status to beat her to the punch. She also claimed she didn't unfriend me, but I have no recollection of removing her from my friends list, so I'm not sure which is true there.

I have not added her back as a FB friend yet. Like I said, I'm taking it slow, and I want to see if she will take some of the initiative.

• Author
brokenheart2012
So I'm confused, are you trying to take it fast or slow?

Smartass comments aren't helpful.

iceweasel6

brokenheart2012,

I must say from your post that you did well. You handled yourself extremely well during this critical interaction.

Not only were you firm and secure, but also understanding and gentle.

I have to do a 180 and say that you were in fact prepared. Either your posts on here were not a true reflection of your inner dialogue, or you are more calm cool and collected than you lead on here to be. Congrats.

I know and believe that you are capable to bridging the gap that caused a break in the relationship. Your seeing a counsellor and growing. You can't do much better than that.

I agree with Graceful's suggestion to see a couples counsellor to help ensure the success of your new start together.

I wish you all the success. Keep making progress.

I look forward to your updates.

Cheers.

• Author
brokenheart2012
brokenheart2012,

I must say from your post that you did well. You handled yourself extremely well during this critical interaction.

Not only were you firm and secure, but also understanding and gentle.

I have to do a 180 and say that you were in fact prepared. Either your posts on here were not a true reflection of your inner dialogue, or you are more calm cool and collected than you lead on here to be. Congrats.

I know and believe that you are capable to bridging the gap that caused a break in the relationship. Your seeing a counsellor and growing. You can't do much better than that.

I agree with Graceful's suggestion to see a couples counsellor to help ensure the success of your new start together.

I wish you all the success. Keep making progress.

I look forward to your updates.

Cheers.

Thanks for your support and help!

• Author
brokenheart2012

Not much new. I haven't seen my ex-ex now reconcilled woman since our lunch meeting last week, our schedules have not allowed because of my work.

Something has definitely changed in the tone of her messages. She has been much more affectionate than she was before the breakup. Today she told me via. text that she has been thinking about me a lot, and that she "misses me horribly:((" (that was the way she used to say it....back in the days before she started pulling away from me.). I actually was shocked to hear her talk to me like that again. Also, we have been talking on the phone most nights.

I will see her again in 3-4 days. It's been a very busy time for me and I've been away on business. Will be able to determine more about where this is going and how this might work at that time I hope.

The thing I'm unsure about....she doesn't want to "reintroduce" me to her kids just yet. What she told me is that she doesn't want to confuse them. Is this normal and/or understandable? I told her no pressure, we will do what feels right at the time she's ready. Remember, my pushing and pressuring contributed to the mess, so I'm not pushing at all now. She said her goal is to reintroduce me to her kids, but she isn't ready to do that yet. Maybe that's ok since the two of us have only met twice in the last month....but I do miss the kids, they were becoming a part of my life.

This does make it more challenging to spend time with her as I will either have to come during the day, or late at night after the children are sleeping, at least for a while. We'll see, the kid situation may change quickly....this is exactly how we did it when we first met, and it was about two or three weeks before she was comfortable and had me around her kids for the first time after we started dating.

Edited by brokenheart2012