Men..men.. men

No one barged into her life to comment on what happened...she thought it fit to post on LS about what happened, so I assume she must think something less than run of the mill of it.

She said it normally doesn't happen when the gf's around, so you're right.

Men tell me I am attractive all the time and I never think to post it on LS...

That's up to you, but you can if you like. :)

I do realize that most of your posts come from a certain position, either depicting everyone else as being too uptight, bullies or just entirely wrong in general...which is fine..but this is crazy lol to make it seem like everyone is embellishing her story

:confused: You've genuinely got me confused... when did I say everyone was embellishing her story? I don't think they are, nor did I post that they are...

and taking a simple compliment and turning it into something extra. No one is making a big deal out of a man telling a woman she is hot....

I agree with you.

Lizzie wanted people's opinions on a man with a girlfriend asking her for her number while his gf was around and also commenting to Lizzie that she was indeed his gf and hope she didn't mind. I'm not sure what you meant by taking it at face value...but from your synopsis of what you interpreted, your definition seems to include omitting key facts.

I read it. What key facts do you think might change my post?

I suppose we all have issues, save for you, since everyone else found those key details as something to raise an eyebrow about and NOT the compliments themselves. Sorry we can't all be "positive" like you are. I suppose if your man tries to pick up other women while you're around you see nothing strange about it as well....and if so...well to each her own

At no point did I say I didn't have issues. I have plenty :D

It's just that this crap wouldn't be in a priority in my life, and isn't in Lizzie's it seems. And whilst the guy's motives might be questionable I doubt he'd approach her if she was looking like a sad old nag so yes, she can take it as a compliment that she looks good enough to prompt comment.

I don't think you know Lizzie personally, I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure you don't know this guy. And I doubt very much you know the girlfriend. If you want to rant on an anonmyous forum about people you don't know and a relationship you know nothing about, and figure that their problems are your problems, that is up to you. For all I know it's how they get their kicks and spice things up. Should Lizzie go home and cry her eyes out, lamenting the poor woman's existence? No, she should laugh it off and get on with her day. Which I think is what she did.

As for my boyfriend picking up women like that :laugh:, it is laughable but only if you know him personally. :)

My standards for flattery and for what is a true compliment to be proud of has changed.

Yup. That has happened for me as well as I've matured. I've had sleazy guys make comments to me too, but now I feel only disdain. If it's a sincere compliment from an emotionally healthy man rather than a come on from a serial masher, that's a different thing. ;)

No one barged into her life to comment on what happened...she thought it fit to post on LS about what happened, so I assume she must think something less than run of the mill of it. Men tell me I am attractive all the time and I never think to post it on LS...

I do realize that most of your posts come from a certain position, either depicting everyone else as being too uptight, bullies or just entirely wrong in general...which is fine..but this is crazy lol to make it seem like everyone is embellishing her story and taking a simple compliment and turning it into something extra. No one is making a big deal out of a man telling a woman she is hot....Lizzie wanted people's opinions on a man with a girlfriend asking her for her number while his gf was around and also commenting to Lizzie that she was indeed his gf and hope she didn't mind. I'm not sure what you meant by taking it at face value...but from your synopsis of what you interpreted, your definition seems to include omitting key facts.

I suppose we all have issues, save for you, since everyone else found those key details as something to raise an eyebrow about and NOT the compliments themselves. Sorry we can't all be "positive" like you are. I suppose if your man tries to pick up other women while you're around you see nothing strange about it as well....and if so...well to each her own.

Ahhh, and now I see you are "ranting." :rolleyes:

Any time a poster relays their feelings on an issue and said feelings don't jive with certain people, there seems to always be someone who will claim they are "ranting" or "shouting" or whatever other insulting adverb can be ascribed to the post.

• Author
well, since you've got the plants, maybe it's time to go back for some fertilizer ;)

lol!!........

I tell you...

Last Saturday, I was shopping for plants.. I almost bumped into this really tall black guy... at one point, we were 'bumping' way too much into each other and each time, he was giving me this huge smile.. I checked him a little bit closer, he was with this tall black woman. They were probably in their early 40s... good looking guy.

After I got everyting, I went to the cash, paid and left.. my car was right accross the street from the store entrance.

He followed me to the car.. said 'I have to tell you that I really enjoyed watching you shop'... how weird is that..

I looked at him as if he was from another planet.. he then said 'you are a very beautiful lady and I would love to see you again' he then asked me for my phone no.. I told him that I didn't want to give my phone no. to people I didn't know.. I asked him for his.. he said 'sure'.. then long story short.. I left.. the woman came out of the store.. looked at me and continue.

He didn't seem nervous that she was behind him.. (he said she was his girlfriend and asked me if I had a problem with that).. LOL

I told the story to my daughter.. she warned me (of course... :laugh: ) but then said it was rather flattering to have strangers

I have not called him yet.. but I'm curious.. to know his 'excuses' for hitting on much older women in public places...

It's either they have an open relationship or he will lie to her about our little conversation.. (he might tell her that I was asking him for directions :laugh:).. who knows.

ah les hommes!

Cute story, I would listen to your daughter & not ruin the experience. Besides, if your daughter told you this happen to her what would your advice be?

• Author

I honestly don't understand, except for the fact that the guy is with his gf, why a compliment in a public place (store, etc.) would be taken with disdain or being disgusting..

A compliment is a compliment.. when it's done with respect...

When people are asked where would be a good place to meet people.. stores are often given as a choice.. :confused:

I always find it way more flattering when it's coming from a guy much younger.

• Author
Cute story, I would listen to your daughter & not ruin the experience. Besides, if your daughter told you this happen to her what would your advice be?

I didn't ask her for advice.. I just told her the story.. same would be true the other way around..

I honestly don't understand, except for the fact that the guy is with his gf, why a compliment in a public place (store, etc.) would be taken with disdain or being disgusting..

Maybe because one person's definition of "respect" doesn't match another's.

When people are asked where would be a good place to meet people.. stores are often given as a choice.. :confused:

I always find it way more flattering when it's coming from a guy much younger.

Did you feel like what this dude did was respectful?

I mean unless I am off the mark, I didn't see anyone stating that compliments in a public place was a problem...I think the fact that he was being sleazy, with his gf around and asking for your number was the problem. The fact that it is posted in the OW/OM forum alone speaks to the nature of it and why people look at it with disdain...it's not about the compliment.

She said it normally doesn't happen when the gf's around, so you're right.

That's up to you, but you can if you like. :)

:confused: You've genuinely got me confused... when did I say everyone was embellishing her story? I don't think they are, nor did I post that they are...

I agree with you.

I read it. What key facts do you think might change my post?

At no point did I say I didn't have issues. I have plenty :D

It's just that this crap wouldn't be in a priority in my life, and isn't in Lizzie's it seems. And whilst the guy's motives might be questionable I doubt he'd approach her if she was looking like a sad old nag so yes, she can take it as a compliment that she looks good enough to prompt comment.

I don't think you know Lizzie personally, I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure you don't know this guy. And I doubt very much you know the girlfriend. If you want to rant on an anonmyous forum about people you don't know and a relationship you know nothing about, and figure that their problems are your problems, that is up to you. For all I know it's how they get their kicks and spice things up. Should Lizzie go home and cry her eyes out, lamenting the poor woman's existence? No, she should laugh it off and get on with her day. Which I think is what she did.

As for my boyfriend picking up women like that :laugh:, it is laughable but only if you know him personally. :)

SG honestly...lmao :laugh:

1. If your position is that one shouldn't rant about anonymous people's lives on anonymous forums...then why are you here exactly? :confused: Do tell...since I believe that that is the definition of a forum, to give advice, seek advice, debate, converse and rant if you wish, in anonymity.

2. If it was no big deal and no priority to her and if she laughed it off and got on with her day...why would she take the time out of her life to get online, get on LS and rehash the event on this anonymous forum to anonymous strangers? :confused: I assume no one gets up and posts what they had for breakfast and other run of the mill things on here...but post things that are on their minds...and if something is on your mind, while it may not be your priority, evidently it matters to you. As I stated earlier, no one barged into her life to ask about what happened...she chose to share it.

3. Since we both agree that no one gives a hoot about the compliment....I don't even see the point of contention, as this is the OW/OM forum, which Lizzie chose to post in and her scenario falls under such and therefore most posters were commenting on that part of the deal... what would you have had them do? :confused:

4. For someone who is so keen on not knowing people personally and anonymity you sure have a lot to say on Lizzie's behalf about what you think she thinks, has done or feels...when I personally can only comment on what she has done here, which is post her scenario, so I can deduce it mattered in her world or else why would she...but you seem to be able to have more to add on her behalf in that regard that negates that

Anyway SG...you're hilarious :laugh: According to all you've said, LS, and all online forums in general, needs to just be closed down or only people who know each other should be on here cheering each other on and celebrating any run in with married or taken people. You should make a forum like that instead of going around this one nitpicking.

Edited by MissBee
I told the story to my daughter.. she warned me
I guess you didn't ask, she just warned you. So, would you warn her? Just wondering.

I didn't ask her for advice.. I just told her the story.. same would be true the other way around..
LS, and all online forums in general, needs to just be closed down or only people who know each other should be on here cheering each other on and celebrating any run in with married or taken people. You should make a forum like that instead of going around this one nitpicking.

There already is one. ;)

SG honestly...lmao :laugh:

1. If your position is that one shouldn't rant about anonymous people's lives on anonymous forums...then why are you here exactly? :confused: Do tell...since I believe that that is the definition of a forum, to give advice, seek advice, debate, converse and rant if you wish, in anonymity.

2. If it was no big deal and no priority to her and if she laughed it off and got on with her day...why would she take the time out of her life to get online, get on LS and rehash the event on this anonymous forum to anonymous strangers? :confused: I assume no one gets up and posts what they had for breakfast and other run of the mill things on here...but post things that are on their minds...and if something is on your mind, while it may not be your priority, evidently it matters to you. As I stated earlier, no one barged into her life to ask about what happened...she chose to share it.

3. Since we both agree that no one gives a hoot about the compliment....I don't even see the point of contention, as this is the OW/OM forum, which Lizzie chose to post in and her scenario falls under such and therefore most posters were commenting on that part of the deal... what would you have had them do? :confused:

4. For someone who is so keen on not knowing people personally and anonymity you sure have a lot to say on Lizzie's behalf about what you think she thinks, has done or feels...when I personally can only comment on what she has done here, which is post her scenario, so I can deduce it mattered in her world or else why would she...but you seem to be able to have more to add on her behalf in that regard that negates that

Anyway SG...you're hilarious :laugh: According to all you've said, LS, and all online forums in general, needs to just be closed down or only people who know each other should be on here cheering each other on and celebrating any run in with married or taken people. You should make a forum like that instead of going around this one nitpicking.

Thanks for taking the time to post this and reinforcing from your earlier post. I'm glad for you that you feel you know everything.

Thanks for taking the time to post this and reinforcing from your earlier post. I'm glad for you that you feel you know everything.

Lol...smh

You're welcome dear ;)

• Author
I guess you didn't ask, she just warned you. So, would you warn her? Just wondering.

Probably.. I think she's more concerned about me falling for the guy and being hurt.... although she knows nothing about my personal (love) life.

She only knew that I prefer younger guys and that I had a few of them.. (she has no idea how many)... I don't discuss my sexual life with my children..

If she only knew.. :laugh:

did you not say below that Lizzie66 is hot? how do you know this? do you know her personally? maybe she is not really hot to anyone but herself? maybe what you consider hot is vastly different than what MissBee considers hot.

It's irrelevant, is it not?

can she not share her past experiences?[/Quote]

Not at all. I was encouraging her to share more, if she felt like it.

If he's so young and fit, you could put him to work planting them for you :p His GF could prepare some iced tea while you stand around and direct him where they should all go...

(BTW WB, Lizzie!)

Probably.. I think she's more concerned about me falling for the guy and being hurt.... although she knows nothing about my personal (love) life.

She only knew that I prefer younger guys and that I had a few of them.. (she has no idea how many)...

I don't discuss my sexual life with my children..
I understand:laugh:

If she only knew.. :laugh:

My children are adults and I DEFIANTLY don't want to know:laugh:

Hey Lizzie welcome back!

Lizzie is hot....some of us have seen pictures of her...lots of pictures. This is an established fact, if I dare say so.

Those of you who are raining on her parade are just jealous...those of you claiming you are attractive-well..pictures, lots of them or you are delusional :rolleyes:!

Lizzie, men find you attractive and like any other compliment enjoy it... no one knows what his relationship was with the lady he was with ...so...

Hey Lizzie welcome back!

Lizzie is hot....some of us have seen pictures of her...lots of pictures. This is an established fact, if I dare say so.

Those of you who are raining on her parade are just jealous...those of you claiming you are attractive-well..pictures, lots of them or you are delusional :rolleyes:!

Lizzie, men find you attractive and like any other compliment enjoy it... no one knows what his relationship was with the lady he was with ...so...

I have noticed a LOT of "soft focus" on all those pics. ;)

Do you really think none of the other people in this thread get hit on? Really? Now that would be "delusional" to believe so.

Edited by donnamaybe
Breezy Trousers
These guys act like telephone marketing employees. They hit on a 100 women and usually 1-2 fall for their moves.

The other 98 women would not pay any attention or even speak to men like this.

That is life!

True.

Guess I'm a member of the 98 Club. I wouldn't be flattered. Instead, I'd be wondering WTF I was doing to cause someone to feel so comfortable approaching me in that way. IME, some guys mistake a smile and good cheer for "I'm into you," seeing an open door where none really exists.

Feeling flattered (rather than repulsed) by this guy's attention is probably the sweeter feeling. But being easily flattered can invite lots of trouble into your life. Miss Lizzie sounds like she can handle it, though.

whichwayisup

Yep. Lizzie is blessed with a hot body! we've all seen her pictures when she used to post more on LS.

I can understand why so many men, both single and married hit on her!

Lizzie, I don't know your whole back story. I see you have an xMM.

I'm very surprised you feel any intrigue for a man who tries to pick you up at a store while shopping with his GF.

heh heh... you've got some catch-up reading to do...

In a way.. I was.. but on the other hand.. I found it kind of weird.. the way it was done.. with her behind him.. but maybe she didn't notice anything.. I don't know.

Like maybe they both found you attractive and we're talking about threesome territory?

I get about 2 emails a weeks from "a couple" on POF seeking a romp. It's weird.

Gonna call him?