Am I crazy, or is she lazy? ( That ryhmes...cool!...)

Fedup&givingup

NotNeat,

I HEAR you! If I were you, I would hand the cleaning supplies over to him, and let him do it HIS way. I'd take the laundry any day over the rest. Anyone who can be such a critic deserves to be doing it instead.

• Author

Sorry guys, We had an eventfull couple of days and I haven't been able to reply right away...No I'm not lost in the fifties..... I'm no where like NotNeat's husband, I don't command her or insist that she keeps everything in it's place and I don't get anal with her when things are in a mess....I do tell her when I think things could be better but I don't bellow out orders to her.

NotNeat, I'm sorry that this post strikes a nerve with you and I never intend on making someone upset.....Your husband sound like a jerk to me and apparently doesn't know or care how to communicate with you.....the last couple of days I haven't said anything to her but things have been looking pretty good. I posted chores for everyone and the kids aren't allowed to do anything after school until they are done. And then at bedtime they have to go over their chores and make sure they are done again....I know this sounds tough and mean on my part...but I had to establish some rules, ( And punishments ), in order to keep things looking good. I even have chores posted for myself and I will be punished if I don't follow through also. I thought it was important to show them that I'm not asking them to do something I wouldn't do myself.

Thanks to everyone for their help!!! Now I have another dilema that needs adressed, please see my new thread on raising kids.....it's a major one that needs looked at....please!!!

Fedup&givingup

Moose,

In NO way do you sound mean to your children. Children NEED this kind of discipline and structure in order that they turn out to be independent, responsible adults. Sounds like you are taking the bull by the horns.