Met a guy (online) but he's acting strange?

Fedup&givingup

Moi,

With all due respect, I seriously doubt if Befuddled were to go ahead with your advice and ask the guy if he were playing games on there that he would give an honest answer ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, come on!

If she confronts the guy in any sort of way about the issue, she's only going to make a fool out of herself, and even worse, she runs the risk of contaminating herself against other men on there if this guy decides to notify some of the other men on there about her.

I think there are enough red flags or whatever to call it quits with this guy, and yes, there are a load of married and/or committed men on sites that simply go around trying to see how many chicks they can pick up.

Let me further add to this, that lots of times, their methods are very covert vs. obvious. I think this guy Befuddled is dealing with is screamingly obvious.

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by zarathustra

He told you his favorite movie is "On Golden Pond," and he's going to take a bubble bath and cuddle with himself?

This guy is so way over-the-top playing "Mr. I'm So Sensitive" that the whole ACT verges on parody--like a bad SNL skit.

I'm surprised he hasn't told you he has just adopted a Cambodian orphan.

He's good. :D:D:D

Zara, ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everything you said, except the "he's good"...He's TOO obvious, IMO.

And to further add to what else he should have said, why didn't he say that he was going to watch The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood with his two favorite cats plopped on his lap LOL

zarathustra

He's "good" only in the sense that he has honed his Internet act.

He knows what works but is much too obvious in the execution.

He needs to temper the soft, fem stuff with harder, edgier material.

For example, "I just got back from playing rugby, I'm going to take a hot shower and then I'm going to watch Kill Bill and drink a can of beer and eat pizza. Can I call you? It's Saturday night and neither of us is doing anything. I'd like to talk with you rather than type these damn e-mails with two fingers. Or you can call me. My number is...."

Fedup&givingup

Right, right. He seems like a younger, less experienced player :p

I think this guy Befuddled is dealing with is screamingly obvious.

Apparently. FU, I realize that many people advocate jumping to conclusions about people. I am not one of them.

If she confronts the guy in any sort of way about the issue, she's only going to make a fool out of herself, and even worse, she runs the risk of contaminating herself against other men on there if this guy decides to notify some of the other men on there about her.

What? WHAT? I just suggested she ask a few questions. That is not 'making a fool out of herself'. And what dating site is going to let the guys communicate with each other? Give me a flippin' break! :rolleyes:

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by moimeme

I think this guy Befuddled is dealing with is screamingly obvious.

Apparently. FU, I realize that many people advocate jumping to conclusions about people. I am not one of them.

What? WHAT? I just suggested she ask a few questions. That is not 'making a fool out of herself'. And what dating site is going to let the guys communicate with each other? Give me a flippin' break! :rolleyes:

It's not "jumping to conclusions", it's using common sense. There are a number of reasons this guy could be acting the way he is.

Ask a few questions such as what? She's already asked this guy questions, what more could she ask? I wouldn't know a thing about an online dating service, but I would think that anyone could contact anyone else on there...is there a block or ban from man to man contact or woman to woman contact on a dating site?

>>>I'm surprised he hasn't told you he has just adopted a Cambodian orphan. <<<

ROTFLMAO! :laugh:

Dammit Zara! You owe me a new laptop. I just spit out my coffee all over my keyboard when I saw this.