What is the right amount of abs on a guy?

OP, if you're planning on going shirtless most of this summer than I suggest you get toned enough so that your pecs are nice and firm and work out your abs so they are visible when you flex slightly. Personally I don't like the 8-pack look as it doesn't seem like it is very comfortable to snuggle up against. I prefer to look at a flat solid stomach that produces abs (4 of them if you must have a number) when you flex it. Also I think it's soooooo sexy when guys have nice muscles on their lower sides! And don't forget to work on your arms too, nice strong shoulders are a plus! Also make sure your butt is nice and toned!

So basically look like Adonis is what you're saying...? :p:laugh:

Good luck getting 'hot' for the summer and do post some pics! I do love me some eye candy!;)

This is only asking for trouble, OP... :laugh:

Says Mr. Cut and Jacked! :p

Won't deny it looks good!

Hahah, let's not get carried away now... :p

Of the choices offered, I guess lightly muscled. That or convex is fine with me.

thelovingkind

My preference is for ultra-lean low body fat, hard, flattish abs with some definition. Far preferable to the big, cheesy pumped up Men's Fitness abs that you could grab a hold of.

• Author
nyc_guy2003
lol! tman I bet you have some killer abs!:p

OP, if you're planning on going shirtless most of this summer than I suggest you get toned enough so that your pecs are nice and firm and work out your abs so they are visible when you flex slightly. Personally I don't like the 8-pack look as it doesn't seem like it is very comfortable to snuggle up against. I prefer to look at a flat solid stomach that produces abs (4 of them if you must have a number) when you flex it. Also I think it's soooooo sexy when guys have nice muscles on their lower sides! And don't forget to work on your arms too, nice strong shoulders are a plus! Also make sure your butt is nice and toned!

Ha, thanks for all the tips. I have all the other aforementioned body parts under control, it's only my abs that fluctuate by season depending on how diligent I am with my diets and workouts.