Once a cheat always a cheat. I should have listened.[Update]

This post made me sick to my stomach.

Sadly most of it is true. He like others that experience this need a healthy outlet to talk about it and figure out how to move forward in a healthy way. Betrayal comes in many shapes and sizes. I think infidelity just happens to be the size of a 270dump truck that is used in the mines.

I hope OP and Steve and others get help. Life does get better. Your life starts when you say now more.

Good for OP for getting out of this.

I am not a fan of kicking anybody while they are down but I have to ask: HOW the hell did you ever think marrying this man was a good idea? After everything you discovered?? He was just going to magically change? And to bring 2 innocent kids into this. Crazy

Sorry you are going through this but it's not like this is coming out of the blue. You knew what you were getting when you decided to go through with the wedding.

Good luck to you and especially your kids.

newyork82... I've been where you are. Yes you made a mistake marrying him and having children with him but you can't spend the rest of your life beating yourself up for the poor choices you made in the past.

Accept that you made a poor choice and then move on from it. I can only imagine how you feel when reading on here from people blaming you for choosing to marry him. It has to make you feel sick to your stomach. I know it did for me when reading this thread. Why? Because it triggered me. I am in the same boat as you in that regard. I've come to accept that my choices alone put me in the position that I am in. I don't blame him anymore, I blamed myself and then I forgave myself. You loved him I'm sure and love will make you blind to the truth. At some point you'll have to just accept that your past choices don't have to impact your future choices.

Focus on you and your children. Throw yourself into eating healthy and exercising and being a good mother to your kids. When you are done, you will feel much better about yourself and be able to move on.

• Author

Thanks all. I know i got my self into this mess. It hurts. but i have to pick myself up. My 2 kids need me. Also hurts that he seems not to even give a **** after i told him to leave.

Anyway trying now to focus on myslf and lose the weight and get my life back on track. its tough

• Like 1