I no longer believe in the one.

One of the best lovers I've ever had vaguely resembled a toad. Sigh. He really was a great BF. :love::love::love:

Ross MwcFan
I'm sorry I have standards.

That's no excuse for treating ugly people like sub-humans.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
That's no excuse for treating ugly people like sub-humans.

I never said I did.

• Author
DreamerGirl27

Wasn't aware that not wanting to be in a relationship with someone was treating them like a sub-human. I just thought that was my choice.

Dreamergirl,

Maybe consider putting your energy into something like Tumblr or some sort of blog. This may be more beneficial to you, long term.

Finding other ways of expression is always good.

Just saying because you sound so pissed off all the time and hence don't seem to want to care for others here much.

Take care,

Eve x

Ross MwcFan
Wasn't aware that not wanting to be in a relationship with someone was treating them like a sub-human. I just thought that was my choice.

You talk about them as though they're less than you.

Disillusioned

Dreamergirl, maybe you could try writing out a list of all your gripes, then read it as a general rant and post it on Youtube? That's what I'd do if I was as pissed off as you seem to be.

TheLawmaker
I'm sorry I have standards.

DreamerGirl, you are confusing as heck! You said the above, right after saying, "If he has a beautiful personality, I would not find him ugly"..so which is it? Is an ugly man beautiful on the inside, or do you have standards?

Don't feel ashamed if you do have standards. All of us do. None of us would go with someone who finds us unattractive, or that we find unattractive. But throwing out confusing statements like this, and resorting to childish name calling, makes me believe you're not grown up enough to pursue a relationship.

I am not insulting you, and you will probably come back and say I am. I am just pointing out the obvious. If you are not mentally ready for an ADULT relationship, you are not.

And also, the only person who has been consistently there, throughout all your rejections, is you. Perhaps you should work on bettering yourself, and changing yourself, so that when a man does come along (that you like), you're ready for him instead of pushing him away with this craziness?

Once again, just observations, not attacks. I believe you are probably a good person, and you just haven't gotten to that point yet. But you're not acting like a 27 year old. Maturity is what makes relationships work, immaturity is what makes them fail.

Ross MwcFan
I happen to be 26 and very mature for my age and I do know what love is about, but I'm not going to go after someone I don't find physically attractive. How would you like it if someone found you ugly but "gave you a chance" and still finds you ugly at the end of the day? It is not shallow to want to be attracted to your mate, just as it is not shallow to put on makeup and doll yourself up like girls do. If looks didn't matter, then nobody would shower, buy nice clothes, do their hair, dye their hair, put on makeup, etc., etc., etc. People care about looks, bottom line. I'm not saying I have to find a super model, but at the end of the day, if I look at my future husband and I think he has a face only a mother could love, that's going to affect our relationship in a negative way. I'm not going to lie to myself and "give someone a chance" when they are so beyond what I find attractive it's not even funny and a lot of people fall under that category to me.

I also happen to have a baby face and a 12 year old's body (when I'm my thinnest) and people like people that look like them.

I know what I want and I will not settle for anything less.

I thought you were 27? :confused:

• Author
DreamerGirl27
DreamerGirl, you are confusing as heck! You said the above, right after saying, "If he has a beautiful personality, I would not find him ugly"..so which is it? Is an ugly man beautiful on the inside, or do you have standards?

Don't feel ashamed if you do have standards. All of us do. None of us would go with someone who finds us unattractive, or that we find unattractive. But throwing out confusing statements like this, and resorting to childish name calling, makes me believe you're not grown up enough to pursue a relationship.

I am not insulting you, and you will probably come back and say I am. I am just pointing out the obvious. If you are not mentally ready for an ADULT relationship, you are not.

And also, the only person who has been consistently there, throughout all your rejections, is you. Perhaps you should work on bettering yourself, and changing yourself, so that when a man does come along (that you like), you're ready for him instead of pushing him away with this craziness?

Once again, just observations, not attacks. I believe you are probably a good person, and you just haven't gotten to that point yet. But you're not acting like a 27 year old. Maturity is what makes relationships work, immaturity is what makes them fail.

I said, "If he had a beautiful personality, he would still be ugly on the outside to me" and vice versa. Personality has no affect on my eyeballs.

That is what I said. That is me and always has been me and God knows that.

Every time I look at the title of this thread, I can't help but think how disappointed Neo would be.

• Author
DreamerGirl27

Most people won't get into Heaven. So while on Earth, if that's how you wanna take what I said, then sure.

Most people won't get into Heaven. So while on Earth, if that's how you wanna take what I said, then sure.

Most won't live by the sea and frolic in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee either. I guess we'll just have to live in reality and cope with it or not. Whichever you prefer.

Either way you are a good case study in survival of the fittest.

And look up the law of attraction. It seems you constantly whine and complain about not finding the one, and since that's what you focus on, that's exactly what you get. Just a thought.

Have you read ALL the threads she's started? She's all over the map, lol.

She claims to be 26, but she has the erratic thought process of a 16 year old.

I find her posts to be like the lapping of waves against a sandy beach. After awhile you'll see there is a consistent and comforting repetition to her posting. It makes for good white noise.

^Yep. You look for cool stuff in others you do meet instead of dreaming about the perfect one, who doesn't even exist.