What does it mean when your ex-boyfriend asks many personal questions?

Hello everyone,

My ex and I just went through a phase of 2 months NC. We both wanted to remain friends. He's currently dating someone else, whom he started dating pretty much right after our break-up. However, yesterday we talked on MSN for an hour.... It went very well, like good old times. He asked me many questions and also a few personal ones (for example: how school is going & what my summer/vacation plans are). To me, it seemed as if he wanted to keep the conversation going, I hardly asked him any questions. I'm a bit confused, especially since after the break-up he pretty much ignored me & he really wanted me to disappear out of his life for a bit, therefore I didn't initiate contact for 2 months. What is your perception of this situation? Thanks a lot! :)

He feels guilty how things ended and wants to make nice. Or he wants to attempt a friendship. He could also have an agenda.

If you still are not over him, I would resume back to NC. Hope all is well. :)

An agenda would be something negative. Coming back to benefit him in a way. Or wanting to get back together, etc.

Not saying that is whats happening, but its just listed with the rest.

Eddie Edirol
He feels guilty how things ended and wants to make nice. Or he wants to attempt a friendship. He could also have an agenda.

Only women feel guilty like this, men dont do this. He might have an agenda, possibly a jealousy one. he might not be all in with his new girl and is still a lil possessive about you, not to get back with you, but to make sure you arent with anyone....especially if it might not be going so well with the new girl.

My advise, cut him off, dont keep talking to him, it wont do you any good.

• Author

Thank you for your reply! Ohhhh! I would've never thought that. Although he kept going on on why I was going to London for my vacation... and I'm going because of indeed, a new guy. But I honestly know that his questions were sincere. I didn't feel like he was just asking because of different reason. :confused:

betterdeal

Not sure what it means, or rather, what his motives were. Only he can know that. What you know is how you felt and what your motives were. If something makes you feel uncomfortable (which is the impression I get from your posts) then maybe say so to him, but certainly to yourself.

No need to try and read his mind when you have a perfectly fine one of your own to take care of ;)